What are "miracles" and why are they necessary?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
It seems to me that most "miracles" are, by definition, deviations from natural order. Why would God need or want to deviate from his own creation? Given the magnificence of the universe, why would He need to resort to the comparative equivalence of cheap card tricks? To the extent these minor miracles exist, do they have any purpose other than to attract peoples' attention?

There is a miracle none of scientists can still explain. A Saturday before Orthodox Easter an Orthodox Patriarch of Jerusalem comes to God's Tomb (in Jerusalem). They undress him as much as possible and carefully search (for matches). He goes inside God's Tomb alone, prays and in a while the Holy Fire comes from Heavens. This fire DOES NOT burn for about 15 minutes, people who wait around the Tomb for it even "wash" their faces with it. And after a while the Holy Fire starts burning you as well as the regular fire.

Watch^ how the people put their hands on top of the Holy Fire.

Last edited:
Otherwise known as a Holy Mulligan. God needs them.

There is a miracle none of scientists can still explain. A Saturday before Orthodox Easter an Orthodox Patriarch of Jerusalem comes to God's Tomb (in Jerusalem). They undress him as much as possible and carefully search (for matches). He goes inside God's Tomb alone, prays and in a while the Holy Fire comes from Heavens. This fire DOES NOT burn for about 15 minutes, people who wait around the Tomb for it even "wash" their faces with it. And after a while the Holy Fire starts burning you as well as the regular fire.

Watch^ how the people put their hands on top of the Holy Fire.

This "miracle" does nothing for Christianity, whose growth remains anemic.

Miracles and other gifts of the Spirit encouraged the fledgling church as it endured the tribulation at the end of the Mosaic Age.

They serve no purpose today.

purely poetic license, there are non in exhibition as would be required for their authenticity.

why would He they need to resort to the comparative equivalence of cheap card tricks?

humanity is on its own, sink or swim ...

Jesus performed miracles to prove that he was the Son of God. So yes, miracles are necessary.

Which is why you no longer see people being raised from the dead, etc.

Ummmm ... that's a good thing, isn't it?

scaletowidth

there are no miracles
just humans naturally, normally wishfully thinking

It seems to me that most "miracles" are, by definition, deviations from natural order. Why would God need or want to deviate from his own creation? Given the magnificence of the universe, why would He need to resort to the comparative equivalence of cheap card tricks? To the extent these minor miracles exist, do they have any purpose other than to attract peoples' attention?
Why would God need one group of humans to literally wipe out another group of humans, is he that weak?

Atoms asking such a question is a miracle.

Or not.

Or not.
I missed that day in class where they taught the Periodic Table can talk.

Or not.
You also seem to have missed the entire biology curriculum. Thats not a nap in class, that's a 7 year coma. You would fail a middle school science test.

Looking at my youth it is a miracle that I am alive and kicking. The truth. This is discounting the Korea war and Nam.

Or not.
You also seem to have missed the entire biology curriculum. Thats not a nap in class, that's a 7 year coma. You would fail a middle school science test.
Sorry, but you’re claim that something exists outside of the periodic table is not supported by science.

Sorry, but you’re claim that something exists outside of the periodic table is not supported by science.
Of course, the fact that humans are physical,chemical systems is supported by all of the science. The idea that they are comprised of anything else, as you propose, is supported by not a shred of evidence. So you have that a bit backwards there, shaman.

Of course, the fact that humans are physical,chemical systems is supported by all of the science. The idea that they are comprised of anything else, as you propose, is supported by not a shred of evidence. So you have that a bit backwards there, shaman.
Which one or combination stops and stares at sunsets?
7011E4BC-F25D-46F1-A884-0D88D6C48D62.png

I’ll wait for your revelation.

Forum List

Back