What Animals Do You Keep As Household Pets…?

What animals do you keep as household pets…?

• Total voters

bayoubill

aka Sheik Yerbouti...
Dec 30, 2008
Cajun Country
a multi-choice poll... check all that apply...

and please tell us about your most interesting experiences with your animals...

Last edited:
Historically, I've had cats (six) and rabbits (five). Just two cats at the moment, which is enough right now.

I took in a pregnant stray cat once. About two weeks later, she delivered two kitties on Labor Day (seemed appropriate to go into labor that day). :)

Historically, I've had cats (six) and rabbits (five). Just two cats at the moment, which is enough right now.

I took in a pregnant stray cat once. About two weeks later, she delivered two kitties on Labor Day (seemed appropriate to go into labor that day). :)

I love kitties... and am a big proponent of keeping then in pairs...

even though the two I have at the moment don't seem to have much use for each other...

right now, we've got two dogs (a 65-pound Catahoula mix and a 13-pound rat terrier... the Catahoula brought the rat terrier home one day and looked at me as if to say "he followed me home... can we keep him..?)

two cats from the pound (thought at first they were litter mates, but they're obviously not... the one being a slight 9-pound shorthair with obvious Siamese influences... the other being a large fluffy 14+ pounder with classic Maine Coon Cat characteristics...)

two Zebra Finches... 'cept that they mated and we now have four Zebra Finches...

two Guinea Pigs... separately given to my daughter, which we allowed to happen in a weak moment...

a red-eared slider turtle that showed up a coupla years ago in our little under-maintained backyard pond and has since stayed...

occasionally: spiders (especially jumping spiders) that show up in the house and require that I intercede and put them outside before my wife smites them...

occasionally: garter snakes, green anoles, geckos, fledgling wild birds, baby squirrels, baby possums, baby raccoons, other li'l creatures that get caught by our dogs and cats... and are released as soon as they're able to make it on their own...

I have none in my apartment, they are not allowed.
But my son has a zoo......

1 ball python snake
2 tarantula spiders
1 VERY large snapping turtle
3 smaller turtles
3 lizards
2 parakeets
3 cats
2 hound dogs
1 pit bull
1 Yorkie

children..... they require a lot of training ..... :lmao:

Not if you know what to do with a roll of velcro and a staple gun. ;)

oh come on..... crazy glue and duct tape.....works wonders on the disputation! :lol:

Oh girl, you are preachin' to the CHOIR!

I have some GREAT recipes for arresting spawn inspired insanity involving crazy glue and duct tape - I'm just THAT good with a staple gun!

oh come on..... crazy glue and duct tape.....works wonders on the disputation! :lol:

I have some GREAT recipes for arresting spawn inspired insanity involving crazy glue and duct tape - I'm just THAT good with a staple gun!

:lmao: thank god you knew what i meant...and not what spell check meant!

Disputation... sheesh. Disposition...disposition!

I threaten the nephew, well more to get a rise out of the mother.... with a hog tie, gag and a crop....... works like a charm... every single time. :lol:

Forum List

Back