What animal are you?

Okay, listen to this dream I had last night....

I was swimming in a river and I notice all these HUGE fish swimming around me. At first I am a bit frightened, but then I decide to try and catch them. I struggle with one that is at least 10 feet long, but even though he isn't swimming away, he is so big and strong I cannot get him under control and he keeps flipping me off of his body. Suddenly, I notice this smaller fish that keeps swimming around me like it is teasing me.... just daring me to catch him. I say smaller, but he is at least three feet long. After a while of chasing this fish and not being able to catch him, I notice all the bigger ones are still around (about 5 of them) but they are so big, I can't hold onto them either.... Then all of a sudden, all the water in the river drains out. I then notice that all the big fish are stranded on the mud and when I look at them, they have these HUGE eyes and HUGE whiskers (they are cat fish) and they all have this powerful, but not really scary face on them. Then there it is again.... the smaller fish that was swimming around teasing me, he is now flopping right in front of me at my feet. I notice he has this BIG grin on his face... I keep trying to pick him up, but he keeps flopping out of my hands and finally, he just starts flopping away.... I still notice all the big fish around me and they are caught in trotlines with big hooks in their mouths and I realize that even though I was struggling with them, they can't get away anyway.....

then my dream ends.

freeandfun1 said:

I was swimming in a river and I notice all these HUGE fish swimming around me. At first I am a bit frightened, but then I decide to try and catch them. I struggle with one that is at least 10 feet long, but even though he isn't swimming away, he is so big and strong I cannot get him under control and he keeps flipping me off of his body. Suddenly, I notice this smaller fish that keeps swimming around me like it is teasing me.... just daring me to catch him. I say smaller, but he is at least three feet long. After a while of chasing this fish and not being able to catch him, I notice all the bigger ones are still around (about 5 of them) but they are so big, I can't hold onto them either.... Then all of a sudden, all the water in the river drains out. I then notice that all the big fish are stranded on the mud and when I look at them, they have these HUGE eyes and HUGE whiskers (they are cat fish) and they all have this powerful, but not really scary face on them. Then there it is again.... the smaller fish that was swimming around teasing me, he is now flopping right in front of me at my feet. I notice he has this BIG grin on his face... I keep trying to pick him up, but he keeps flopping out of my hands and finally, he just starts flopping away.... I still notice all the big fish around me and they are caught in trotlines with big hooks in their mouths and I realize that even though I was struggling with them, they can't get away anyway.....

then my dream ends.

Very "Old Man and the Seaish" :D

freeandfun1 said:
Okay, listen to this dream I had last night....then my dream ends.
I think you need to see a doctor. Just joking!!

Did you fall asleep with the TV on or watch anything in connection with fish here lately? At first I tho't you feel you have someone near you that you think needs saving. Now, I don't know.

Said1 said:
Very "Old Man and the Seaish" :D

Well writing it out like that, I think I now know what it is about....

I have been working on a merger lately and I guess I keep seeing "big fish" all around me, and I am getting frustrated because I can't catch a litte one. And maybe I need to realize, that the big fish aren't as hard to catch as I think they are, I just need to be more observant and use tools I already know but then realize it when I have them caught and don't just give up on em cuz you *think* you can't catch them....

freeandfun1 said:

then my dream ends.

I have done dream interpretation successfully before, but only for people whom I know A LOT about their personal lives. I think the images do not have set meanings, but depend on the feelings you have about them. Think about the fish and the feelings you were having about them. Then think about your life. Is there anything or anyone in your life that makes you experience those feelings?

mom4 said:
I have done dream interpretation successfully before, but only for people whom I know A LOT about their personal lives. I think the images do not have set meanings, but depend on the feelings you have about them. Think about the fish and the feelings you were having about them. Then think about your life. Is there anything or anyone in your life that makes you experience those feelings?

Has it been your experience that certain symbols always represent the same things (more or less)? Not for everyone, but for yourself.

freeandfun1 said:
Well writing it out like that, I think I now know what it is about....

I have been working on a merger lately and I guess I keep seeing "big fish" all around me, and I am getting frustrated because I can't catch a litte one. And maybe I need to realize, that the big fish aren't as hard to catch as I think they are, I just need to be more observant and use tools I already know but then realize it when I have them caught and don't just give up on em cuz you *think* you can't catch them....

Even if that's not it, you still "figured" it out in a sense.

Said1 said:
Has it been your experience that certain symbols always represent the same things (more or less)? Not for everyone, but for yourself.

I have not noticed that they have, except in recurring dreams. But not the same symbol in different dreams. I tend to have a lot of spy-thriller dreams, which cracks my husband up! It would probably crack you up if you knew me, too. I'm not exactly the spy type. And I have the dream where you go to class and realize you haven't studied for a test that you're about to take. Like I said, recurring dreams, but I can't think of an image that is constant.

mom4 said:
I have not noticed that they have, except in recurring dreams. But not the same symbol in different dreams. I tend to have a lot of spy-thriller dreams, which cracks my husband up! It would probably crack you up if you knew me, too. I'm not exactly the spy type. And I have the dream where you go to class and realize you haven't studied for a test that you're about to take. Like I said, recurring dreams, but I can't think of an image that is constant.

Spy Thrillers! LOL. I have dreams about being late ALL the time, and dreams about driving - in reality, I don't really know how. I can also see perfectly, normally, I'm blind in one eye.

Joz said:
I think you need to see a doctor. Just joking!!

Did you fall asleep with the TV on or watch anything in connection with fish here lately? At first I tho't you feel you have someone near you that you think needs saving. Now, I don't know.

We should start a dream thread..

Forum List

Back