What Amnesty Really Is

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
To play on what was the apparent theme of the night, immigration, I'm going to ask you for a favor.

In this context, I want you to think for a moment what amnesty is. It is essentially rewarding people for stealing the American dream. Stealing. Or taking something that doesn't belong to you. When a robber robs a bank, we don't reward him with the money he stole. We prosecute him under the fullest extent of the law.

Why should we provide a pathway to citizenship for people who stole the American dream from others who actually worked for theirs? Why should we shield them from the consequences of their actions? So what if they're trying to make a better life for themselves. So what if they have families here. That doesn't exempt them from the consequences of violating the borders of another sovereign nation, nor from the law.

Reagan was wrong for doing it, and so was Obama for attempting to grant amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants.

Now, I know people in my Facebook feed and elsewhere who themselves became citizens in places like here in America, or in Germany and Canada, I even know people who are married to those who went through the same process. As a result, they should recognize the reward is meant only for those who have gone through the process. They shouldn't be making excuses for those who skirt that process by illegally crossing the border.

Any law abiding citizen should recognize that. Anyone who obeys the law naturally recognizes the importance of the law. We as citizens strive to obey the law, so why shouldn't these illegal immigrants? They could follow every other law America has, but they still wouldn't be law abiding people. They are still illegal immigrants. If Jesus had sinned just once, and lived a perfect life thereafter, he still wouldn't be perfect no matter what Christians say. Just one sin, just one violation is all it takes.

Amnesty is pretty much the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. People shouldn't be rewarded for breaking the law, they should be punished. But hey, I guess we'll give them the Hillary treatment and proclaim that they are above the law. This isn't a game of Monopoly, there shouldn't be a "get out of jail free" card.

We have the right to enforce our borders, just like any other country in the world. That is neither racist or bigoted, it's the law.

Don't forget it.

Last edited:
So the American Dream is to become a gardener?
Rewind a couple of hundred years, the American Dream was to hunt the buffalo, live in harmony with the land, and teach the children to respect their world.
Then some outsiders came and stole that dream, ravished the land, and killed the children.
Nice!

Rewind a couple of hundred years, the American Dream was to hunt the buffalo, live in harmony with the land, and teach the children to respect their world.
Then some outsiders came and stole that dream, ravished the land, and killed the children.
Nice!

Ha! But that is history, not reality. We are here now, you know, the descendants (oh wait, I'm a quarter Cherokee, so I'm not one of them), of those who "ravaged the land." You act as if we don't deserve to be here. But since we're already here, deal with it. Now that we are an established nation of laws, our laws are meant to be obeyed.

Sending hard working nannies and gardeners back home who are here legally but otherwise have committed no crime is a great idea. Every republican should run on that!!!

Nice!

Ha! But that is history, not reality. We are here now, you know, the descendants (oh wait, I'm a quarter Cherokee, so I'm not one of them), of those who "ravaged the land." You act as if we don't deserve to be here.
You can't even get a job, much less deserve to be here.

Sending hard working nannies and gardeners back home who are here legally but otherwise have committed no crime is a great idea.

They don't deserve anything they've gained here. And they did do something wrong. They came here illegally. They broke the law to "achieve" the lives they have now, they shirked their duty to law and order by violating our laws, coming here illegally. But hey, I guess every Democrat runs on that point.

And I fail to understand what my job has to do with this thread. Is that what you liberals do when you can't rebut my argument? Perhaps if Obama didn't encourage such lax policies on illegal immigration, I might have a job by now. Oh but wait, we have to be compassionate, and make that job available to someone who came here illegally.

But now that you mention it, what about those people on welfare, or the millions of people who can't find work because of the non mitigating economic atmosphere they live in? Are you suggesting they don't belong here either?

I don't think you realize what you're saying. You have, by design, or unwittingly, made the case that anyone who can't find a job don't deserve to be here. That flies in the face of that appeal to compassion you make in regards to "hard working nannies and gardeners who did nothing wrong" for example.

That is a giant double standard. And that disqualifies you from lecturing me about who or what deserves to be here.

Last edited:

And I fail to understand what my job has to do with thread. Is that what you liberals do when you can't rebut my argument?

But now that you mention it, what about those people on welfare, or the millions of people who can't find work because of the non mitigating economic atmosphere they live in? Are you suggesting they don't belong here either?

I don't think you realize what you're saying. You have, by design, or unwittingly, made the case that anyone who can't find a job don't deserve to be here. That flies in the face of that appeal to compassion you make in regards to "hard working nannies and gardeners who did nothing wrong" for example.

That makes you a hypocrite.
You could never belong to the groups of "hard working nannies and gardeners who did nothing wrong," because you're a lazy, stupid-ass fuck who thinks he's too good for those jobs.

Nice!

Ha! But that is history, not reality. We are here now, you know, the descendants (oh wait, I'm a quarter Cherokee, so I'm not one of them), of those who "ravaged the land." You act as if we don't deserve to be here. But since we're already here, deal with it. Now that we are an established nation of laws, our laws are meant to be obeyed.

Couldn't the same argument be made for illegal aliens? They are already here, deal with it. That's what amnesty attempts to do, isn't it? :p

Sending hard working nannies and gardeners back home who are here legally but otherwise have committed no crime is a great idea.

They don't deserve anything they've gained here. And they did do something wrong. They came here illegally. They broke the law to "achieve" the lives they have now, they shirked their duty to law and order by violating our laws, coming here illegally. But hey, I guess every Democrat runs on that point.

As I said, every Republican should run on the idea that deporting Maria and Rafael will make the lives of Americans better. It would be the best thing for us.

You could never belong to the groups of "hard working nannies and gardeners who did nothing wrong," because you're a lazy, stupid-ass fuck who thinks he's too good for those jobs.

Is that it?

When have I ever said that?

Couldn't the same argument be made for illegal aliens? They are already here, deal with it. That's what amnesty attempts to do, isn't it?

No. It shields them from the implications of their misbehavior. They might already be here, but they should face punishment for what they did. Or at least be penalized for what they've done. That successful life they have now was stolen, not achieved. So what's wrong with making someone suffer the consequences of their actions? That's what the law attempts to do, right? The law offers protection and punishment. The law rewards obedience and punishes disobedience.

Why is that concept so hard for you to grasp?

Last edited:
As I said, every Republican should run on the idea that deporting Maria and Rafael will make the lives of Americans better. It would be the best thing for us.

Spare me your false compassion. You have none for the people who take the time to go through the process to become real citizens. What's wrong with making Maria and Rafael wait in line like everyone else?

Perhaps enforcing the law would make everyone's life better?

Amnesty is your government telling the criminal that just broke into your house and who is squatting there now that it's ok - no charges will be filed and they can stay indefinitely.

Spare me your false compassion. You have none for the people who take the time to go through the process to become real citizens.

Perhaps enforcing the law would make everyone's life better?

Hey, I've said that every Republican should run on this topic twice now. It would be best for us.

Is that it?

Oh you're not a stupid-ass fuck who thinks he's too good for those jobs? Then... dot dot dot.... YOU'D HAVE ONE OF THOSE JOBS.

Good for you though that you have a bunch of free shit to live off of I guess.

Is that it?

Couldn't the same argument be made for illegal aliens? They are already here, deal with it. That's what amnesty attempts to do, isn't it?

No. It shields them from the implications of their misbehavior. They might already be here, but they should face punishment for what they did. Or at least be penalized for what they've done. That successful life they have now was stolen, not achieved. So what's wrong with making someone suffer the consequences of their actions? That's what the law attempts to do, right? The law offers protection and punishment. The law rewards obedience and punishes disobedience.

Why is that concept so hard for you to grasp?

The law rewards obedience? Really?

Forum List

Back