What Americans really think about unions...

Kinda hard to talk to a bunch of screaming protesters. Also kinda hard to negotiate with the other half of the debate team when they hit the road and aren't available for comment.

I think he's taken the side of the taxpayers in his State.

AS I said. If he gets what he wants and the State recovers then he will be re-elected and the voters won't give a rats ass about the Union or thier collective bargaining "rights."

If not then he will be booted out of office.

All he has to do is sit down with representatives of the protestors. Compromise is the way things get done in politics. We have seen the result of his bullheaded stand and he is paying a political price

If you are taking away their collective bargaining rights you should be able to offer up some concrete worker protections to replace them.

"I want to hold all the cards the next time we negotiate" is not one of them

I'm quite certain they are very well protected by civil service rules. Then again, this is all about money....

They are protected as is every worker in the US. Not like the old days when workers were abused.

The folks he needs to be speaking with aren't the protesters. Its the Dems who left the State. If they don't like what he's proposing then they should be negitiating a fix. Can't do that when your in Ill.

They are mightly concerned about their cash cow unions thats for sure.

Wonder if they are the least bit concerned about the rest of their constituants. You know. The ones who pay the bills??

Kinda hard to talk to a bunch of screaming protesters. Also kinda hard to negotiate with the other half of the debate team when they hit the road and aren't available for comment.

I think he's taken the side of the taxpayers in his State.

AS I said. If he gets what he wants and the State recovers then he will be re-elected and the voters won't give a rats ass about the Union or thier collective bargaining "rights."

If not then he will be booted out of office.

All he has to do is sit down with representatives of the protestors. Compromise is the way things get done in politics. We have seen the result of his bullheaded stand and he is paying a political price

If you are taking away their collective bargaining rights you should be able to offer up some concrete worker protections to replace them.

"I want to hold all the cards the next time we negotiate" is not one of them

I'm quite certain they are very well protected by civil service rules. Then again, this is all about money....

Isn't taking care of your family "all about money"??

Forum List

Back