What American Accent Do You Have?

the people with the heaviest boston accents all seem to live in norwood (nawhwood), ma.

My first college roommate was from Norwood. He was a crackhead.

I wish I was kidding.

that sounds like a barrel of laughs. was he a crackhead when he got there?

I don't know. He was a base head when he got there but I'm not sure if he had smoked crack by then.

:eek:i've lived within 20 miles of boston for most of my life except for college and a couple of years on the road. hmmmm

Sounds like you sound like me.

the people with the heaviest boston accents all seem to live in norwood (nawhwood), ma.

Boston proper has at least five distinctly different accents, folks.

If you're from Boston, you can hear all of them.

If you're from anywhere else, you can hear the difference in at least one of them...the uppercrust Beacon hill accent.

Imagine Chauncy Howell from Guilligan's Island...that's the one.

People from other areas (other classes, actually) of Boston don't sound anything like that.

god boston accents are entairtaining for about 5 and a half seconds till you want to throw the person out the window

:)

FUCK THE RED SAWX

Now, NYC accent

there's a REAL ACCENT

lol

I couldn't get the code to work for some reason.
What American accent do you have?
The West
Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.
Being born in So Cal I used to speak like yer' typical surfer dude. But now that I'm older I speak with a drawl. People are surprised when I tell em' where I was born. In fact one gentleman said he figured I was from Virginia. A few examples of my dialect:
Oil = Ole
I = Ah
Figure = Figger
Help = Hep
My =Mah
And so on.

Why = Whaa
Because = B'cawz
Kick your ass = woooop y'ass ... :lol:

well, i always say i don't have a brooklyn accent ;)

what_american_accent_do_you_have

Speaking as another cheesesteak-speaking American, my sincerest sympathies, Paulie.

Tell me, when you say quarter, does it rhyme with water?

This is, apparently, based on my father's Philly accent, a Cheltonham affliction.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb7VU9deoto&feature=PlayList&p=A7A0FCCCDA983CF9&playnext=1&index=16]YouTube - FOGHORN LEGHORN:WEASEL WHILE YOU WORK[/ame] :cool:

Speaking as another cheesesteak-speaking American, my sincerest sympathies, Paulie.

This is, apparently, based on my father's Philly accent, a Cheltonham affliction.

I say wuh-ter. When I say quarter it sounds like cort-er.

Yeah?

Just as I suspected, there's more than one Philly accent, too.

I say wuh-ter. When I say quarter it sounds like cort-er.

Yeah?

Just as I suspected, there's more than one Philly accent, too.

I don't say pahk my cah in hahvud yahd, but evidently I still have some New England accent because now that I am in AZ people ask me where I am from...Well most people in AZ are from somewhere else anyhow. ( unless you are hopi or apache)

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

:eek:i've lived within 20 miles of boston for most of my life except for college and a couple of years on the road. hmmmm

Del, like myself, if you are from Bean town....they can tell after you say one sentence.

Sounds like you sound like me.

Yes siree

If you're from anywhere else, you can hear the difference in at least one of them...the uppercrust Beacon hill accent.

People from other areas (other classes, actually) of Boston don't sound anything like that.

someone from Esta Bost sounds much different than a Beacon Hill upper cruster.

AND jfk did not have a Mass. accent. His was and affected accent of cape coders

Last edited:

Yes siree

someone from Esta Bost sounds much different than a Beacon Hill upper cruster.

AND jfk did not have a Mass. accent. His was and affected accent of cape coders

Yup! But not the accent of all Cape Coders...just the yachtsie crowd.

Forum List

Back