What All High Crime Areas in US Have in Common

Survivalist

Jun 21, 2013
Near Swamp
Most people have been through, or at least seen high crime areas at some point, but few really understand why the areas are this way. The liberal media will give the standard factors of poverty, poor education, lack of opportunity, guns and of course "racism" as the primary drivers of crime. Throwing federal money and resources at these things hasn't been effective in changing the bad behavior of criminals that live in these areas, so crime remains high. To better treat these diseased areas of rampant crime, one must first know what the symptoms are---or what all of these areas have in common.

There are two good resources that list the most dangerous cities based on violent crime statistics. Most importantly is the murder rate. Having hundreds of murders in your city is an automatic tip-off that crime is high, and these two sources include them:

The 10 Most Dangerous Cities in America
The 10 most dangerous cities in America - Slide Show - MarketWatch

The 25 Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in America
Top 25 Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in America ? 2013 ? Neighborhood Scout

Cities like Flint and Detroit Michigan and Cleveland OH top the lists. Even with the strictest gun control laws in the nation, NYC and Chicago have 5 of the top 25 worst neighborhoods on the list.

If poverty and poor education were to blame for violent crime, then crime wouldn't have gone up 350% in the mid 1960's with all the "Great Society" programs saving the day. There would have been statistically much more crime during the Great Depression, but that was not the case. Not having material goods is a nothing excuse as well. Based on the poor standards of living and lack of modern conveniences, liberal thought would lead us to think the Amish to be the most predisposed to violence.

Getting to the real story, what do ALL of highest crime areas have on both lists?

1) High concentrations of Blacks and/or Hispanics----often as members of gangs.

2) Liberal city leadership. All have liberal Democrats as mayors. District Attorneys, police chiefs, judges and juries---all have liberals running the show. Conviction rates are all low.

3) A culture of "It's not my fault." All the wonderful laws and entitlement programs will not stop a morally debased people from doing what they want, if they are not held accountable.

A simple idea to fix this: Punish the felons as they were before crime went up.

Last edited:
Most people have been through, or at least seen high crime areas at some point, but few really understand why the areas are this way. The liberal media will give the standard factors of poverty, poor education, lack of opportunity, guns and of course "racism" as the primary drivers of crime. Throwing federal money and resources at these things hasn't been effective in changing the bad behavior of criminals that live in these areas, so crime remains high. To better treat these diseased areas of rampant crime, one must first know what the symptoms are---or what all of these areas have in common.

There are two good resources that list the most dangerous cities based on violent crime statistics. Most importantly is the murder rate. Having hundreds of murders in your city is an automatic tip-off that crime is high, and these two sources include them:

Cities like Flint and Detroit Michigan and Cleveland OH top the lists. Even with the strictest gun control laws in the nation, NYC and Chicago have 5 of the top 25 worst neighborhoods on the list.

If poverty and poor education were to blame for violent crime, then crime wouldn't have gone up 350% in the mid 1960's with all the "Great Society" programs saving the day. There would have been statistically much more crime during the Great Depression, but that was not the case. Not having material goods is a nothing excuse as well. Based on the poor standards of living and lack of modern conveniences, liberal thought would lead us to think the Amish to be the most predisposed to violence.

Getting to the real story, what do ALL of highest crime areas have on both lists?

2) Liberal city leadership. All have liberal Democrats as mayors. District Attorneys, police chiefs, judges and juries---all have liberals running the show. Conviction rates are all low.

3) A culture of "It's not my fault." All the wonderful laws and entitlement programs will not stop a morally debased people from doing what they want, if they are not held accountable.

Soon, the dissemination of such Hate Facts will be illegal!

Soon, the dissemination of such Hate Facts will be illegal!

I grew up on the South side of Chicago, Englewood, and by the time I was 18 I had lost three friends to gunfire. All of us were white.
An educator by the name of Kozol said, I can walk a few blocks in your neighborhood and can tell you what kind of schools you have; I guess one call tell also the amount of violence.

I grew up on the South side of Chicago, Englewood, and by the time I was 18 I had lost three friends to gunfire. All of us were white.
An educator by the name of Kozol said, I can walk a few blocks in your neighborhood and can tell you what kind of schools you have; I guess one call tell also the amount of violence.

Been to Chicago a couple of times.

The White dudes in the city haven't been the ones dying lately, from the 2011 police report of the 400+ killed that year, 6 were White and none Asian.

The downtown areas are pretty safe, but there is a ring of kill zones around them. I can look on a murder map like the ones from Spotcrime.com and get an idea where the hot spots are.

What the cities have in common is that white people thought they could just box black people into poor ass neighborhoods and then call them lazy only after they decided to not hire these people, and then think that nothing bad would ever come of it.

It's the same thing white people did to Native Americans.

And then left with nothing and not much hope, these people go down the drain of self-hate and self-loathing, and they turn it on themselves instead of working together to climb out of the hopelessness.

What the cities have in common is that white people thought they could just box black people into poor ass neighborhoods and then call them lazy only after they decided to not hire these people, and then think that nothing bad would ever come of it.

And then left with nothing and not much hope, these people go down the drain of self-hate and self-loathing, and they turn it on themselves instead of working together to climb out of the hopelessness.

From what I've researched, the problems in these bad areas are self-inflicted.

Native Americans haven't done much mass killing since the days of Custer and Geronimo.

Gang-occupied inner cities would be much more peaceful if we bussed in more Native Americans to live there. At least their crimes rates are not over 10 times higher like their Black brothers.

You see, letting Native Americans have their own people and culture on their own reservation is "good racism" and when Whites or some others try to do this it is "bad racism." Leaving Blacks and Hispanics alone to kill each other and then blaming guns or various other things is called "liberalism."

I would like to see evidence of how and when "white people" herded blacks into certain areas of the cities and removed the possibility of jobs.

The truth is that the number of African American school drop-outs is considerably higher than whites or any other race. Without an education the possibility of a decent job is slim. Dealing drugs is a lot easier, and pays a lot more than most jobs so that is what they do. The ones that use the drugs most often use crime to pay for their habit.

Quit blaming others for the problems of crime. The criminals have to accept responsibility for their own actions. There are African Americans in the work force and the only difference is personal ethics and drive to better themselves. Criminals are lazy people who take what they can from honest hard working people. It is not about race it is about personal drive and self respect.

I've lived in very high crime areas. I've lived in areas that were just middle class and transitioned into high crime areas.

In 1960, Compton, California was a nice, middle class, safe area. Very nice middle class black people moved in as welcome neighbors. Then they brought in their baggage of friends and relatives that weren't so nice. Crime started to rise. More whites moved away. People, including black families, who wanted to live nice stable lives with high property values started seeing those values plummet so they moved away too. Compton started to fall. It didn't take long, because in 1965, Compton was a war zone during the Watts riots. That's five years. I moved away in 1965. I moved to Lakewood, which is undergoing the same kind of transition now, that Compton was undergoing in 1960.

What happens when a city gets that far down, it's cheap if you can take the violence. Hispanics move in and the demographics start to change again, only it's way more violent than the relatively peaceful take over that blacks did to whites.

Attack on family in Compton latest incident in wave of anti-black violence - Los Angeles Times

Latino Gangs Launch Attacks on Black Families in Compton to Drive Them Out of the City | Your Black World

High crime areas will expand in America's future if we can't get our economy moving in the right direction.

I've lived in very high crime areas. I've lived in areas that were just middle class and transitioned into high crime areas.

In 1960, Compton, California was a nice, middle class, safe area. Very nice middle class black people moved in as welcome neighbors. Then they brought in their baggage of friends and relatives that weren't so nice. Crime started to rise. More whites moved away. People, including black families, who wanted to live nice stable lives with high property values started seeing those values plummet so they moved away too. Compton started to fall. It didn't take long, because in 1965, Compton was a war zone during the Watts riots. That's five years. I moved away in 1965. I moved to Lakewood, which is undergoing the same kind of transition now, that Compton was undergoing in 1960.

What happens when a city gets that far down, it's cheap if you can take the violence. Hispanics move in and the demographics start to change again, only it's way more violent than the relatively peaceful take over that blacks did to whites.

Attack on family in Compton latest incident in wave of anti-black violence - Los Angeles Times

Latino Gangs Launch Attacks on Black Families in Compton to Drive Them Out of the City | Your Black World

That's sad, my dad used to work in Watts and it was all peaceful as well until the mid-1960's. My folk had lived in the LA area for 10 years, but took us kids and fled the state in 1966.

From your articles, you must understand that none of the Black or Hispanics fighting for racial supremacy in Compton are part of any "real" hate group. Go to the Southern Poverty Law Center's Hate Map or Hate Watch List and understand that since no violent street gang makes their list, they are not acutally hate groups. Because as long as a group is involved in criminal activity like selling drugs, robbing people or joining gangs in prison to kill people of other races and cultures---they are not really doing any hate. Trying to ethnically cleanse an area is tolerated by the Dept of Justice and the major liberal media as long as it only involves Hispanics and Blacks.

Hate Map | Southern Poverty Law Center

Pfffft. They vote for a living and self loathing liberals toss out racial bs for cover and pity them to boost their own feelings of inadequacy

That's sad, my dad used to work in Watts and it was all peaceful as well until the mid-1960's. My folk had lived in the LA area for 10 years, but took us kids and fled the state in 1966.

From your articles, you must understand that none of the Black or Hispanics fighting for racial supremacy in Compton are part of any "real" hate group. Go to the Southern Poverty Law Center's Hate Map or Hate Watch List and understand that since no violent street gang makes their list, they are not acutally hate groups. Because as long as a group is involved in criminal activity like selling drugs, robbing people or joining gangs in prison to kill people of other races and cultures---they are not really doing any hate. Trying to ethnically cleanse an area is tolerated by the Dept of Justice and the major liberal media as long as it only involves Hispanics and Blacks.

Hate Map | Southern Poverty Law Center

I have had hispanic gang members tell me personally, that their intention was to drive black people down the LA strip from South Central Los Angeles into the sea in San Pedro. They are doing it. In 2003, hispanics separated the former black South Central Los Angeles, into the hispanic South Los Angeles.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/25/u...omplexion-since-the-riots.html?pagewanted=all
In the 1990s, black residents made up roughly half the population in South Central. Today, Latinos account for about two-thirds of the residents in what is now called South Los Angeles — “Central” was officially scrubbed from the neighborhood’s name by the City Council in 2003.

Let in 30 million more hispanics and this nation is sending black Americans to their doom. No matter how a person feels about black people, and Lord knows they piss me off greatly more often than not. Their ancestors were brought here unwillingly, but brought here since before there was a United States. They really ARE our national brothers and sisters and we DO owe them our national loyalty. We owe nothing to illegals who slithered across the border yesterday.

Yet liberals are going to do it. Increase crime, increase violence increase it all, keeping their lily white hands clean and blaming conservatives for it.

What do all areas with high crime have in common?

People who believe other people owe them a living or more.

Read Ruby Paynes study, "On Poverty."

Forum List

Back