What Actually 'Drives' The Tea Parties

Discussion in 'Tea Party' started by Annie, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Its not what the left wants to project.

One take:

Classical Values :: Where's the war? And who are the warmongers?

Mega links at site

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    What actually drives the tea party? A democrat as president and a dem controlled congress.
    The will slack off a bit as repubs get more control in congress. And will not make much noise at all when repubs control both houses and the presidency once again.

3. saltshaker

saltshaker Im over what damn hill?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +81
    What actually drives the tea party?

COFFEE!

4. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    Seems like vast unpayable debt drives the TEA.

At some point you must say enough is enough

5. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,479
    You're wrong. Dead wrong. I'm speaking as one who has been very active in the Tea Party movement.

We were beginning to mobilize, though not formally, shortly after the 2004 election. Up until then we had President Bush's back because there were boots on the ground in Harm's way in Afghanistan and Iraq and we were not going to put them in even more danger.

But we weren't happy. We hated the Senior Prescription bill. We hated pulling our punches in the war effort that we thought was increasing the casualties. We hated President Bush's immigration policy. We hated President Bush's environmental policies. We hated that in ten short years the Congress seemed to be less and less committed to the values of that group of reformers, both Democrat and Republican, of 1994 and were squandering that legacy with unjustiabile earmarks and spending.

But TARP was the last straw and the wakeup call. And when the new Administration seemed hell bent to continue mismanagement of the TARP monies, when they started seizing control of financial institutions instead of closing them down, when they started seizing corporations, when they passed an unconscionably irresponsible pork laden appropriations bill early in January, and the healthcare overhaul that nobody wanted. . . .

The Tea Party was mobilizing through all of that.

The Tea Party is not about contentuous social issues and most groups are resisting addressing those in any way. The Tea Party is about restoring fiscal sanity, preserving individual liberties, and protecting the intent of the Constitution before all are effectively destroyed.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Synthaholic

Synthaholic Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Kicking PoliticalChic's ass up & down the forum
    Ratings:
    +8,885
    Billionaires like the Koch brothers.

7. Foxfyre

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,479
    Sorry, but I had never HEARD of the Koch Brothers until just recently. I think they are bogeymen the Left dreamed up as another effort to demonize the Tea Parties.

And if they are supporting the Tea Party movement as they are accused, then surely they are offset by George Soros, the Tides Foundation, and others of that ilk who are doing their damdest to turn us all into Marxists and don't care who they destroy in the process.

Our local Tea Party groups are made up of Republicans, Democrats, Independents, and folks who don't identify with an ideology at all, but who embrace the Tea Party goals of a fiscally restrained government, respect and protection for individual liberties, and respect for the U.S. Constitution as it was originally intended to be interpreted.

The local Republican Party was thanked for announcing our rallies to their constituents, but was not otherwise involved in anything in any way. There were no famous people leading any of the events to date.

8. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,884
    :eusa_eh: So now it is okay to put boots on the ground in danger because a Democrat is president?

9. Foxfyre

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,479
    Well I've tried, but I can't come up with any rationale for how that question makes any sense, Ravi. I think the Tea Partiers do not presume to run the military, but most will be opposed to policy by ANY administration that puts those boots on the ground in any more danger than they have to be.

10. Synthaholic

Synthaholic Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Kicking PoliticalChic's ass up & down the forum
    Ratings:
    +8,885
    And if it hadn't been for people like Rachel Maddow, you would never have heard of them.

Thanks!