What about you beautiful lawn

I'm thinking of getting this model lawnmower this year

llama_8x10_3440.jpg

My lawn-from-hell kills a lawnmower every damned year, now that every mower I can buy is some piece of shit made in Mexico.

Seriously when I bought lawnmowers still made in the USA they lasted ten years, now the same brands fall apart a day or two after the warranty craps out.

I'm thinking of getting this model lawnmower this year

llama_8x10_3440.jpg

My lawn-from-hell kills a lawnmower every damned year, now that every mower I can buy is some piece of shit made in Mexico.

Seriously when I bought lawnmowers still made in the USA they lasted ten years, now the same brands fall apart a day or two after the warranty craps out.

Try raising lamas. It is very profitable.

Whatever grows I cut with the lawn mower.

Does it have a gasoline engine? I almost expect you to say, "no." But if you do use a gasoline mower, you're unecessarily contributing to climate change (or, at least, you believe you do) because there are alternatives. They do make electric mowers. A little incovenient because you have to get some extenstion chords if you have a big yard. But it should be worth it to save the planet. And if you're concerned about still using some fossil fuel that way, they do still make these things:

LMM40-2T.jpg

HEY! Good point!

Chris uses a gas lawn mower?????

You hypocritical bastard Chris!!

Shame on you.

Lawn mowers emit CO2.

CO2 warms the atmosphere.

Do you deny that fact???

Thus, Chris mows his lawn.

Chris warms the atmosphere.

Do you deny that fact??

So stop mowing your lawn Chris...

2253843263_ac7fb3d625.jpg

Chris stresses over the CO2 emitting impacts of his lawn mowing job...

OK so many think our cars are the major cause of pollution--I submit what about poison for weed control,fertilizers,ant poison ,rodent poisons, bug poisons I mean if this is as serious as you all seem to believe maybe those with beautiful green lawns that have had all kinds of weed controls(poisons) should be first to be controlled and fined. When I go to Florida and the pest controllers tell ya ya have to stay away for so many Hours after we do our monthly spraying it make me think,bad for bugs,gotta be bad for people. Ya get to breath all this stuff all spring summer and fall.

Not us. we're under water restrictions.

Dude, do you LIVE in FL? I lived there for about 10 years. It's a swamp they shaved off and put up a parking lot. I lived there before widespread pest control. Mosquitoes so thick they were kicking each other's asses to get in on you first.

Name your poison.:cool:

Have lived in Wellington, yea when a mosquitoe lands on ya it feels like a small bird,Just saying though maybe all the chemicals we use for pretty lawns and bug control might be a little more harmfull to humans than all the global warming stuff thats all. If ya read this Rocks in the head I said maybe ,you can provide the facts.

Sure, glad to be of service.
Study links Parkinson's to pesticide exposure - Nation - MiamiHerald.com

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Results of a family-based, "case-control" study support a relationship between exposure to pesticides and the development of Parkinson's disease (PD).

Sure, glad to be of service.
Study links Parkinson's to pesticide exposure - Nation - MiamiHerald.com

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Results of a family-based, "case-control" study support a relationship between exposure to pesticides and the development of Parkinson's disease (PD).

Dude, I know you won't believe me, but I can see enough from that article to know that if that study is accurately described, it is total junk. To me, the fact that it was published is a great argument for saying that being published in peer reviewed journals is not all it's cracked up to be. Somebody really needs to do something about journals if they're going to publish crap like that so that it gets credibility in terms of inferring cause and effect.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back