What about the people flipping burgers and bagging groceries.

I'm sorry but good jobs are not available to everyone. Someone has to work those sh*t jobs. Someone has to cut your hair. Someone has to clean your poop off of the public toilet. Someone has to dispose of the trash. Someone has to wrap the roast beef sandwich you buy on your lunch break at Arby's. Someone has to clean the motel room after you leave. Someone has to stock the shelves at the grocery store and Kmart when you go to the store. And a million more examples. Those jobs are essential. They need to stay filled. And these people often go without any health coverage at all because they don't have any money. And that's not ethical. Not only do these people often work at all hours of the day and night, they get paid sh*t for it, and then don't have health care, either. What kind of society is that? And these low paying jobs aren't limited to those flipping burgers and stocking shelves. They include people licensed and certified to work in particular professions such as cosmetologists, lab assistants, technicians, secretaries, administrative and clerical workers, and on and on and on.

I dunno what you're yapping about.. MY stylist gets $50 a haircut, and almost $200 for a cut and color.. Why? Because she wasn't satisfied where she was at, and learned the additional skills to make more than just the commission off your standard $5 haircut.

You spend 200 bucks for THAT cut and THAT color and then bitch about the price for a decent computer, what a shit head......literally.:razz:

That color is mine, and you simply look like an idiot trying to insult it, since people pay through the nose to try and get it from a bottle.

You look like an even bigger idiot accusing me of bitching about the cost of something, since that's not my forte either. I'm a firm believer of "you get what you pay for".

Weren't you leaving in a big teary huff yesterday, because everyone shit all over your thread, and made you cry?

That's it?!?!?!????

**polite golf clap**

what do you want Dude....this is the same guy who just said its honorable to keep a minimum wage job for the rest of your life.....maybe to him its honorable....but to MOST people ....it's a beginning job ....and then you move on and up....

I didn't say anything of the kind, ma'am.

There is nothing dishonorable about working a menial job and keeping it. Quite the opposite.

what does this mean dipshit?.....did you not say this.....working the job AND keeping it....does not seem like you are saying till you get a better one....

there should be some program for affordable health care for low-wage earners..anyone working a full time job in this country should be able to afford health care...education and decent housing ..if they cant...they are being ripped off...stolen from ..by excessively wealthy and greedy corporate interest

They CAN afford education - there are grants galore out there. Use one of them, get an education, and use that education to get a better job. Use that better job to get better housing, and a job with health insurance.

That's a very simplistic statement. Grants exist, but they often cover only a very small portion of total costs.

Medicaid was enacted SPECIFICALLY FOR the lowest of wage earners.

"Medicaid does not provide medical assistance for all poor persons. Even under the broadest provisions of the Federal statute (except for emergency services for certain persons), the Medicaid program does not provide health care services, even for very poor persons, unless they are in one of the designated eligibility groups."

Overview Medicaid Program - General Information

So who are these designated eligibility groups? Pregnant women, children, the blind, disabled to the point of being in a nursing home, or a senior citizen.

In Michigan, for those making more than $500 per month, which is just about everyone with even the sh*ttiest job, all that's available to them is a county program.

As long as you're working more than 20 hours a week, you make too much to qualify.

Forum List

Back