What about The Children?

Income tax applies if you actually have INCOME.

WHich a lot of these people don't, being retired, unemployed, etc.

They still pay sales taxes, etc.

Which is completely unfair and yet another reason why there should be no income tax at all. The parasite class takes and contributes nothing, while the rest of us contribute endlessly and get nothing in return except more financial penalties and demonized by the parasite class.

I guess I have a different idea of what constitutes the "parasite class".

My view is that they all reside on Wall Street. they don't make anything, create anything or build anything.

Which is completely unfair and yet another reason why there should be no income tax at all. The parasite class takes and contributes nothing, while the rest of us contribute endlessly and get nothing in return except more financial penalties and demonized by the parasite class.

My view is that they all reside on Wall Street. they don't make anything, create anything or build anything.

Then liberals should actually get a job and stop trying to get rich gambling in the stock market. If nobody invested, those people wouldn't exist.

And by the way, unlike the parasite class, at least the people on Wall Street actually wake up in the morning, get out of bed, and go do something...

Well, this sucks.

I prefer to blame Democrats and their policies of government citizenry subservience but rhino Republicans and their gutless collusion certainly play a part.

---------------------------------------:eusa_eh:

Hope for the future generation has reached an all-time low. Just 14% of Americans expect today’s children to be better off than their parents. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 65% of American Adults do not expect today’s children to be better off than their parents. Twenty-one percent (21%) are not sure what to expect.

New Low: Just 14% Think Today

I remember back in the 80's being in schiool and being taught that MY generation ( Gen X ) would be the first generation in American history that would not be better off than our parents.

The reason given was the national debt. It was deemed unsustainable and that bill would come due in our lifetimes.

Well, here we are...the bill is due. Just as predicted.

And instead of dealing with it, we have two parties locked in eternal gridlock pointing fingers and trying to find ways to pass the bill down to our children and grandchildren.

As a people, we like to talk about American Exceptionalism. Some call it nonsense, others worship it as if it were the Christ child. Personally, Ive always seen American Exceptionalism as a term used to describe what happens when Americans face a crisis. We tend to come together and support one another, We set aside petty differnces and join forces to tackle the problem at hand.

I remember just after 9/11 there was a picture of people in the aftermath of the fallen towers. People of all races, colors and creeds standing there covered in the grey ash/dust. They all looked exactly the same. The caption said We are America!. I turned to my President, one that I did not vote for, but would now follow into the fire willingly if he asked, because we had been attacked, the time for differences was passed. That was a time to remember our similarities and join together to take down the enemy. And my President responded...he said," Go shopping." And I, like so many others, felt the steel in our viens slip away. many of us knew then, that somehow we had lost that determined spirit that demanded we set adise all the nonsense because dammit our way of life was being threatened!!!

Now the only thing surprising that 14% of people think that the next generation will be better off is that the number is that high. 86% of people think things will be worse than now. But their minds can be changed. We need only find the courage and determination to look at the mountain in front of us and say," we will climb it. We will get to that peak. We will stand at the top and look back and know, with a certainty, we can accomplish anything when we join together." We can find a way to make things better again.

It shoudl be incumbent upon us to set everything aside, find workable solution and rebuild this once great country. I know of only one state in the union that is actively pursueing repairing or replacing its crumbling bridges, Minnesota and that only because five years ago yesterday, the 35W bridge collapsed killing 13 people. We argue about taxes while our bridges, our sewer systems our entire infrastructure crumbles. An infrastructure that WE didnt pay for, the previous generations did. And we argue that we should pay less because we dont want to pay to replace that infrastructure and pass it along to the next generation as it was given to us.

We must change and the government isnt going to change it for us. It MUST be US, the People. We must change our thinking about what is owed to US instead of what we owe to this country. We must change in order to bring about the next great period in American history, a time when future generations can look back and say,"See what great people they were? See what they did for us? THAT is what makes this country great! " We must change because it is our Patriotic and Moral duty to do so.

Vidi, that is an excellent post. And it is time we all stand together. I believe you have actually changed my mind. It's time we did increase taxes for all of us, including the rich and those who don't pay now. And it's time we look at what this country really needs and what it doesn't in the short term and make those cuts. It's time we all stand together and make the hard decisions for the next generation. We owe it to them.

Instead of being Democrats, Republicans, Independents, let's all be Americans again.

Well, this sucks.

I prefer to blame Democrats and their policies of government citizenry subservience but rhino Republicans and their gutless collusion certainly play a part.

Hope for the future generation has reached an all-time low. Just 14% of Americans expect today’s children to be better off than their parents. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 65% of American Adults do not expect today’s children to be better off than their parents. Twenty-one percent (21%) are not sure what to expect.

I know Republicans are concerned about the fetus, but children can't take any more of their "attention".

Cutting school lunches.

Bigger class size.

Fewer teachers.

Cutting children's health care.

See what I mean?

Well, look at where the government is going. Ever raising debt and no plan to address it. Never ending war with zero plans to even slow it down. What are we supposed to be thinking?

What we should be having is the honest debate we aren't having.

Even when times were good, we were running up unacceptably high levels of debt. Not just as a government but as individuals.

Conservatives refuse to talk about raising taxes and liberals refuse to talk about cutting spending in any meaningful way.

And we won't have that discussion this time, to be sure.

I almost never agree with you, but in this case, I make an exception.

You are 100% correct.

Well said JoeB!

Immie

Well, this sucks.

I remember back in the 80's being in schiool and being taught that MY generation ( Gen X ) would be the first generation in American history that would not be better off than our parents.

The reason given was the national debt. It was deemed unsustainable and that bill would come due in our lifetimes.

And instead of dealing with it, we have two parties locked in eternal gridlock pointing fingers and trying to find ways to pass the bill down to our children and grandchildren.

As a people, we like to talk about American Exceptionalism. Some call it nonsense, others worship it as if it were the Christ child. Personally, Ive always seen American Exceptionalism as a term used to describe what happens when Americans face a crisis. We tend to come together and support one another, We set aside petty differnces and join forces to tackle the problem at hand.

I remember just after 9/11 there was a picture of people in the aftermath of the fallen towers. People of all races, colors and creeds standing there covered in the grey ash/dust. They all looked exactly the same. The caption said We are America!. I turned to my President, one that I did not vote for, but would now follow into the fire willingly if he asked, because we had been attacked, the time for differences was passed. That was a time to remember our similarities and join together to take down the enemy. And my President responded...he said," Go shopping." And I, like so many others, felt the steel in our viens slip away. many of us knew then, that somehow we had lost that determined spirit that demanded we set adise all the nonsense because dammit our way of life was being threatened!!!

Now the only thing surprising that 14% of people think that the next generation will be better off is that the number is that high. 86% of people think things will be worse than now. But their minds can be changed. We need only find the courage and determination to look at the mountain in front of us and say," we will climb it. We will get to that peak. We will stand at the top and look back and know, with a certainty, we can accomplish anything when we join together." We can find a way to make things better again.

It shoudl be incumbent upon us to set everything aside, find workable solution and rebuild this once great country. I know of only one state in the union that is actively pursueing repairing or replacing its crumbling bridges, Minnesota and that only because five years ago yesterday, the 35W bridge collapsed killing 13 people. We argue about taxes while our bridges, our sewer systems our entire infrastructure crumbles. An infrastructure that WE didnt pay for, the previous generations did. And we argue that we should pay less because we dont want to pay to replace that infrastructure and pass it along to the next generation as it was given to us.

We must change and the government isnt going to change it for us. It MUST be US, the People. We must change our thinking about what is owed to US instead of what we owe to this country. We must change in order to bring about the next great period in American history, a time when future generations can look back and say,"See what great people they were? See what they did for us? THAT is what makes this country great! " We must change because it is our Patriotic and Moral duty to do so.

Best damned post I have read in a hell of a long time.

Immie

thats what happens when the gov't is up for sale to the highest bidder/lobbyist/SuperPAC. McCain/Feingold AKA the BCRA tried to address some of that. Thanks for nothing Citizens United

Then liberals should actually get a job and stop trying to get rich gambling in the stock market. If nobody invested, those people wouldn't exist.

And by the way, unlike the parasite class, at least the people on Wall Street actually wake up in the morning, get out of bed, and go do something...

But what they do is largely destructive.

And as much as you whine about the "parasite class", the fact is, a lot of people who avail themselves of Food Stamps, Section 8 HOusing, and Medicare actually have jobs.

They just don't have jobs that pay well enough to get even these basic necessities.

Well, this sucks.

Vidi, that is an excellent post. And it is time we all stand together. I believe you have actually changed my mind. It's time we did increase taxes for all of us, including the rich and those who don't pay now. And it's time we look at what this country really needs and what it doesn't in the short term and make those cuts. It's time we all stand together and make the hard decisions for the next generation. We owe it to them.

Instead of being Democrats, Republicans, Independents, let's all be Americans again.

it wont be easy convincing others of the truth of it and that American resolve is whats needed in this fight.

As evidenced by this thread, people are often too busy pointing fingers to see what needs to be done and accepting responsibility for actually doing it.

Spread the word, Brother.

Well, this sucks.

Best damned post I have read in a hell of a long time.

Immie

thank you very much for your kind words.

The same can be said for Government.

The same can be said for Government.

You mean except for the roads, the schools, the waterways, police and fire protection, the military, teh governmetn doesn't do a darn thing for us, you are right. Probably a couple dozen other things I could list... but why bother.

Well, look at where the government is going. Ever raising debt and no plan to address it. Never ending war with zero plans to even slow it down. What are we supposed to be thinking?

Yup really, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Damn it's frustrating...:mad:

Yes! And no budget for three years....:badgrin: And plans for more spending, rendering America a third world country, eventually. Ya know? Redistribution. The goal of our current president according to his biographer who has studied him for many years. Denesh D`Souza. The Roots of Obama's Rage and the upcoming film:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lDXvlhRuHE]2016: Obama's America - 1 Minute Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G1OT5gzb48]2016 Obama's America Trailer 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfLsSg9wZlE]2016 Obama's America: Trailer 3 - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back