What About The Arab Apartheid?

Marc39

Rookie
Jun 19, 2009
What About The Arab Apartheid? :clap2:
by Khaled Abu Toameh

How come the Lebanese students who recently talked about Israel's "war crimes" in the Gaza Strip during Israel Apartheid Week on many North American college campuses had nothing to say about the fact that tens of thousands of Palestinians have been massacred in Lebanon over the past four decades?

Dozens of refugees were killed and hundreds wounded in the three-month offensive that also destroyed thousands of houses inside the refugee camp. Reporters said it was the worst internal violence in Lebanon since the civil war that hit the country between 1975-1990. And just three years ago, the Lebanese Army used heavy artillery to bomb the Nahr-al-Bared refugee camp in north Lebanon.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Tulkarm-Khodori-Institute-Al-Shami-Al-Ashqar/dp/1158026021/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1288456590&sr=8-2]Amazon.com: Tulkarm: People From Tulkarm, Khodori Institute, Tulkarm, Ekrem Akurgal, Khaled Abu Toameh, Hasan Karmi, Abu Anas Al-Shami, Akram Al-Ashqar (9781158026029): Books LLC: Books: Reviews, Prices & more[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Banned
You're a paid shill for Zionism.

Any reputation you've acquired is mainly for spamming.

Martin Luther King, Jr. as an ardent Zionist...:clap2:
When people criticize Zionists, they mean Jews. You are talking anti-Semitism.

I see Israel as one of the great outposts of democracy in the world, and a marvelous example of what can be done, how desert land can be transformed into an oasis of brotherhood and democracy. Peace for Israel means security and that security must be a reality.

I solemnly pledge to do my utmost to uphold the fair name of the Jews -- because bigotry in any form is an affront to us all.
"I have a dream" for peace in the Middle East / King's special bond with Israel

What about rich Jews who profit from wars they're too gutless to fight in?

george..I'd like to see you answer the OP....whaddya say?
Since much of what "Princeton" posts here has an equal chance of being truth or fiction, I would first question whether any of the Lebanese students actually "had nothing to say about the fact that ten of thousands of Palestinians have been massacred in Lebanon over the past four decades."

What happened six decades ago to drive hundreds of thousands of Palestinians into Lebanon? Possibly the birth of a Jewish homeland in an area of the world overwhelmingly Arab?

Within 1948 Mandate Palestine where only one out of three potential voters was Jewish?

Israel compounded the crime when "(o)n June 6, 1982, a massive Israeli expeditionary force began the long expected invasion, Operation 'Peace for Galilee,' a phrase 'which sounds as if it comes directly out of the pages of 1984,' as one Israeli commentator wrote:

"'Only in the language of 1984 is war-peace and warfare-humane. One may mention, of course, that only in the Orwellian language of 1984 can occupation be liberal, and there is indeed a connection between the 'liberal occupation' [the Labor Party boast] and a war which equals peace.'"

Arabs have no shortage of hypocrites and poseurs; however, they don't have AIPAC, and they aren't receiving $7 million/day in military aid from the (increasingly homeless) US taxpayer.

What happened six decades ago to drive hundreds of thousands of Palestinians into Lebanon? Possibly the birth of a Jewish homeland in an area of the world overwhelmingly Arab?

Arabs in Lebanon were born in Lebanon.

Arabs did not call themselves Palestinians until the late 1960s.

You're uneducated.

Arabs drove themselves out after initiating a war to commit another Holocaust. Arab countries refuse to resettle their own people.

Eminent Middle East historian Bernard Lewis...
Between 1947 and 1949 a large part of the Arab inhabitants of the territories included in the new state of Israel left their homes and took refuge on the West Bank, in the Gaza Strip, and in the neighboring countries.

The Israelis claim that they left at the instigation of their own leaders, who told them to go so as not to interfere with the movements of troops, and promised them that they would return in the wake of the triumphant Arab armies very shortly. The Arabs maintain that they were driven out by the Israelis. Both arguments are true; both are false. Some were undoubtedly told to go by their own leaders; some, notably in the strategically vital corridor between Jerusalem and the coast, were ordered to leave by the advancing Israeli troops.

The great majority [of Arabs], like countless millions of refugees elsewhere, left their homes amid the confusion and panic of invasion and war—one more unhappy part of the vast movement of populations which occurred in the aftermath of World War II. As the Poles fled from the eastern areas seized by the Russians, as the Germans fled from East German territories annexed by the Poles, as millions of Muslims and Hindus fled from India to Pakistan and from Pakistan to India, so too did great numbers of Arabs flee from Palestine to the neighboring Arab states while large numbers of Jews, most of them previously unaffected by Zionist ideology, fled from the tensions which had arisen in the Arab states to the relative safety of Israel. At the time it was hoped that this problem would be resolved, like the refugee problems in Eastern Europe and in the Indian subcontinent, and that the Arab refugees would be partly resettled in the Arab countries, partly returned to their homes. This did not happen, and with the exception of Jordan, the Arab governments made a point of not according citizenship to the refugees and of opposing their resettlement.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Middle-East-Bernard-Lewis/dp/0684832801/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1288562221&sr=8-5]Amazon.com: The Middle East (9780684832807): Bernard Lewis: Books: Reviews, Prices & more[/ame]

The League of Nations...
Whereas recognition has thereby been given to the historical connection of the Jewish people with Palestine and to the grounds for reconstituting their national home in that country

Allah ...
Quran 5:20-21...
Remember Moses said to his people: 'O my people! Recall in remembrance the favor of Allah unto you, when He produced prophets among you, made you kings, and gave you what He had not given to any other among the peoples. O my people! Enter the holy land which Allah hath assigned unto you, and turn not back ignominiously, for then will ye be overthrown, to your own ruin.

Barack Obama...:
Israel is a sovereign state, and the historic homeland of the Jewish people.

It should be clear to all that efforts to chip away at Israel's legitimacy will only be met by the unshakeable opposition of the United States. The slaughter of innocent Israelis is not resistance -- it's injustice
Remarks by the President to the United Nations General Assembly | The White House

Winston Churchill ...:
The Jews had Palestine before that indigenous population [the Arabs] came in and inhabited it
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Churchill-Jews-Friendship-Martin-Gilbert/dp/0805078800]Amazon.com: Churchill and the Jews: A Lifelong Friendship (9780805078800): Martin Gilbert: Books: Reviews, Prices & more[/ame]

The US Congress...

The United States Congressional Record
1922 HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
NATIONAL HOME FOR THE JEWISH PEOPLE JUNE 30, 1922
HOUSE RESOLUTION 360 - UNANIMOUSLY ADOPTED
Palestine of today, the land we now know as Palestine, was peopled by the Jews from the dawn of history until the Roman era. It is the ancestral homeland of the Jewish people. They were driven from it by force by the relentless Roman military machine and for centuries prevented from returning. At different periods various alien people succeeded them but the Jewish race had left an indelible impress upon the land.

Today it is a Jewish country. Every name, every landmark, every monument and every trace of whatever civilization remaining there is still Jewish. And it has ever since remained a hope, a longing, as expressed in their prayers for these nearly 2,000 years. No other people has ever claimed Palestine as their national home. No other people has ever shown an aptitude or indicated a genuine desire to make it their homeland. The land has been ruled by foreigners. Only since the beginning of the modern Zionist effort may it be said that a creative, cultural, and economic force has entered Palestine. The Jewish Nation was forced from its natural home. It did not go because it wanted to.

A perusal of Jewish history, a reading of Josephus, will convince the most skeptical that the grandest fight that was ever put up against an enemy was put up by the Jew. He never thought of leaving Palestine. But he was driven out. But did he, when driven out, give up his hope of getting back? Jewish history and Jewish literature give the answer to the question. The Jew even has a fast day devoted to the day of destruction of the Jewish homeland.

Never throughout history did they give up hope of returning there. I am told that 90 per cent of the Jews today are praying for the return of the Jewish people to its own home. The best minds among them believe in the necessity of reestablishing their Jewish land. To my mind there is something prophetic in the fact that during the ages no other nation has taken over Palestine and held it in the sense of a homeland; and there is something providential in the fact that for 1,800 years it has remained in desolation as if waiting for the return of the people.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0688123635/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0688123627&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0HX00TRZAFXPP1PG6MNR]Amazon.com: Israel: A History (9780688123635): Martin Gilbert: Books[/ame]

Last edited:

george, I believe I have always addressed you respectfully, that was out of order.
My Mistake.
My reply was aimed at "Princeton"
Our posts crossed in cyberspace AND I failed to check the "Quote message in reply?" box.

You've never behaved in any way other than respectfully towards my rantings, and you are about the last poster on this board I would ever intentionally disparage.

Sorry for my mistake.

george, I believe I have always addressed you respectfully, that was out of order.
My Mistake.
My reply was aimed at "Princeton"
Our posts crossed in cyberspace AND I failed to check the "Quote message in reply?" box.

You've never behaved in any way other than respectfully towards my rantings, and you are about the last poster on this board I would ever intentionally disparage.

Sorry for my mistake.

No love from you for the oppressed Palestinians in apartheid Lebanon?

Oh, that's right, it doesn't involve Israel, so, no interest from you. :clap2:

Human Rights Watch...
Lebanon has marginalized Palestinian refugees for too long," said Nadim Houry, Beirut director at Human Rights Watch. "Parliament should seize this opportunity to turn the page and end discrimination against Palestinians. Lebanon's estimated 300,000 Palestinian refugees live in appalling social and economic conditions - most of them in crowded camps that lack essential infrastructure.

In 2001, Parliament passed a law prohibiting Palestinians from owning property. Lebanese law also restricts their ability to work in many areas. Labor Minister Boutros Harb told a gathering at the General Labor Federation that, "Palestinians must be granted their basic civil rights in Lebanon..."

2009, only 261 of more than 145,679 permits issued to non-Lebanese were for Palestinians. Civil society groups say many Palestinians choose not to apply because they cannot afford the fees and see no reason to pay a portion of their salary toward the National Social Security Fund, since Lebanese law bars Palestinians from receiving social security benefits. Many Lebanese employers are also unwilling to support Palestinian workers in getting a work permit.

Reforms to labor laws to end discrimination against Palestinian refugees in all professions are essential to improving their dire situation in Lebanon, Human Rights Watch said. According to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency, the organization set up to address the needs of Palestinian refugees in Lebanon and elsewhere, Palestinian refugees in Lebanon have the highest proportion of special hardship cases among those in any country in the region.

An extensive study by the Norwegian social welfare research organization Fafo found that just 15 percent of adult Palestinians have employment contracts. Forced to work illegally and without legal protection, Palestinians face severe discrimination in wages and hiring. Many employers pay them less than their Lebanese colleagues, or refuse to hire Palestinians. If there is a work shortage, they will hire you, [but] because you're Palestinian and it's not allowed, they will pay you half," one Palestinian told Human Rights Watch. As Palestinians, he added, "We are not asking for money, we are asking for the right to work, to live in dignity.
Lebanon: Seize Opportunity to End Discrimination Against Palestinians | Human Rights Watch

and some were born in Mandate Palestine and were FLUSHED into Lebanon during the creation of the Jewish State of Israel.

Virtually none of the violence in today's Middle East would be occurring if the Jewish Homeland had been founded in the Kenya highlands.

Or Manhattan.

and some were born in Mandate Palestine and were FLUSHED into Lebanon during the creation of the Jewish State of Israel.

Israel was created over 3,000 years ago, verified by archaeological artifacts and historical records . Not one sovereign Arab country existed before WW I.

Open a book. You're severely uneducated.

Arabs rejected their own statehood and went to war with Jews to commit another Holocaust. Population displacement is an inevitable consequence of war.

Historian Bernard Lewis...
Between 1947 and 1949 a large part of the Arab inhabitants of the territories included in the new state of Israel left their homes and took refuge on the West Bank, in the Gaza Strip, and in the neighboring countries. The Israelis claim that they left at the instigation of their own leaders, who told them to go so as not to interfere with the movements of troops, and promised them that they would return in the wake of the triumphant Arab armies very shortly. The Arabs maintain that they were driven out by the Israelis. Both arguments are true; both are false. Some were undoubtedly told to go by their own leaders; some, notably in the strategically vital corridor between Jerusalem and the coast, were ordered to leave by the advancing Israeli troops.

The great majority [of Arabs], like countless millions of refugees elsewhere, left their homes amid the confusion and panic of invasion and war—one more unhappy part of the vast movement of populations which occurred in the aftermath of World War II. As the Poles fled from the eastern areas seized by the Russians, as the Germans fled from East German territories annexed by the Poles, as millions of Muslims and Hindus fled from India to Pakistan and from Pakistan to India, so too did great numbers of Arabs flee from Palestine to the neighboring Arab states while large numbers of Jews, most of them previously unaffected by Zionist ideology, fled from the tensions which had arisen in the Arab states to the relative safety of Israel. At the time it was hoped that this problem would be resolved, like the refugee problems in Eastern Europe and in the Indian subcontinent, and that the Arab refugees would be partly resettled in the Arab countries, partly returned to their homes. This did not happen, and with the exception of Jordan, the Arab governments made a point of not according citizenship to the refugees and of opposing their resettlement.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Middle-East-Bernard-Lewis/dp/0684832801/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1288562221&sr=8-5]Amazon.com: The Middle East (9780684832807): Bernard Lewis: Books: Reviews, Prices & more[/ame]

What about rich Jews who profit from wars they're too gutless to fight in?

george..I'd like to see you answer the OP....whaddya say?
Since much of what "Princeton" posts here has an equal chance of being truth or fiction, I would first question whether any of the Lebanese students actually "had nothing to say about the fact that ten of thousands of Palestinians have been massacred in Lebanon over the past four decades."

Within 1948 Mandate Palestine where only one out of three potential voters was Jewish?

Israel compounded the crime when "(o)n June 6, 1982, a massive Israeli expeditionary force began the long expected invasion, Operation 'Peace for Galilee,' a phrase 'which sounds as if it comes directly out of the pages of 1984,' as one Israeli commentator wrote:

"'Only in the language of 1984 is war-peace and warfare-humane. One may mention, of course, that only in the Orwellian language of 1984 can occupation be liberal, and there is indeed a connection between the 'liberal occupation' [the Labor Party boast] and a war which equals peace.'"

Arabs have no shortage of hypocrites and poseurs; however, they don't have AIPAC, and they aren't receiving $7 million/day in military aid from the (increasingly homeless) US taxpayer.

there is no original sin to be had here George.

you seem to have no issue taking to task jews for doing the very same that their arab neighbors and other arabs and Persians have done, abuse, kill and expel palis....further what would you have had the jews do?especially post 45, ala the holocaust?

You appear to be blaming blame a thirty man for taking the drink of water hes been offered.

I have always felt that to a large extent the palis got and are getting raw deal, BUT this raw deal was not just a result of Israeli reinvestment or a reverse diaspora.

You want palast's to have a state, I do too, so why refuse to acknowledge that jews should have one as well? I don't get that, at all. Palis have NO inherent right to that area, above jews and vice versa.

I have always felt that to a large extent the palis got and are getting raw deal

Pallies have had an opportunity for statehood since the British offered it to them in 1937 and as recently as 2000 at Camp David. Every time, rejected in favor of violence, terrorism and war against the Jews.

Who has given them a raw deal, again?

You want palast's to have a state, I do too

Pallies, however, don't want a state. They've rejected statehood every time offered them.

And, is another despotic Arab dictatorship really a state?

They had the only chance in history to make a state out of Gaza and, instead, turned it into a terrorist shithole.

Tom Friedman, who's pro-Pallie, said the Pallies had a chance to create their own Singapore, but, instead, have created their own Somalia.

No offense, but, you're severely uninformed.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back