What About Berlin?

I think they gave you the answer as why he couldn't go and then there is the fact he went to Ft Hood today. Which one do you want him to go to? You guys really need to make up your mind.

well that sounds easy doesn't it Luissa??? Did he ever have plans to go to Berlin? So, don't use Fort Hood as an easy out. Our guys didn't die so he could cover his ass did they?

It was a SAD excuse. He has people to handle this. He is pissed because *HE* wasn't allowed to give his speech at the Brandenberg Gate during the Campaign. That was reserved for folks like Ronald Reagan, and REAL heads of State.

So for Bamster? It was *TIT FOR TAT* against the Greman Government.

Obama...the Malignant NARCISIST.

no no no, i don't know where to start. i will just laugh at you.

You know, no one actually cares about this except for right wing blogs.

What a stupid topic to slam Obama over.

Y'all need to try harder.

Gorbachev was the hero of bringing down the wall
No. That would be Reagan.

Okay, I get that he has plans to go to Asia at that time. Here's what I don't get. First of all, it isn't like it's some new thing that this anniversary was coming up. It's not surprise. So he COULD have arranged his schedule to go, since every other travel plan he has or has had came up more recently. And he's not having a problem rearranging things to go to Copenhagen and Oslo. Why didn't he keep this date free? Did he not think the American people would care about it? Second of all, exactly what is he planning on doing on this Asian tour that's so much more important? For that matter, what's he planning on doing on this Asian tour, period?

Every year for 20 years, we've celebrated the fall of the Berlin Wall. It was an historic event, but it's just that: HISTORY and it's getting rather old by now. Too many other sensationally important events have also happened since that time. And yes, you would have bitched and moaned about how must it cost to fly AF One just to make a speech that's the same speech given every year. There was plenty of coverage yesterday, so what could Obama have added to it? More of the same?
20 years is a milestone to celebrate. What's rather old is the lack of respect Obama has for the accomplishments of this nation. He'd rather spend his time apologizing for what we've done.

I suppose he could have taken Michelle and the kids shopping again...you know, just a quiet, expensive weekend in New York for the weary royal family...they've been so stressed lately.

I guess it's too much to ask that the leader of the free world to break away from his busy agenda to celebrate the fall of communism in Germany. Could it be that maybe he doesn't feel there is anything to celebrate? Why can he stop on a dime and fly to Copenhagen but he doesn't feel the need to attend a celebration of democracy? A democracy that would not be if not for the efforts of the United States.

Some people have raised questions about Obama's decision not to travel and suggested whether it's a nod to Russia or just another attempt to play down the perception of U.S. dominance as a superpower. If that's the case I agree with Newt Gingrich, it's tragedy! The U.S. is sending a delegation led by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. President Obama acknowledged the anniversary last week when he met with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

This is the same man who traveled to Germany to campaign. He went there to get applause but he won't go to help them celebrate freedom and liberty. It's a shame it's a dam shame. I'll bet any day now he supports Chavez in warning Columbia that a conflict would their own fault.

So its now official

President Obama will be visiting Ft Hood on Tuesday to honor our fallen soldiers.

Are you ready to start posting that he really should have been in Berlin? I could see the outrage if he went.

That brings us back to what the hell took him so long to haul his sorry ass to Ft. Hood. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they've been dead for a bit now. Amazing that it didn't become "official" that he JUST HAPPENED to be going to "honor our fallen soldiers" that day until he started taking shit for not going to Berlin.

sober up.

So its now official

President Obama will be visiting Ft Hood on Tuesday to honor our fallen soldiers.

Are you ready to start posting that he really should have been in Berlin? I could see the outrage if he went.

That brings us back to what the hell took him so long to haul his sorry ass to Ft. Hood. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they've been dead for a bit now. Amazing that it didn't become "official" that he JUST HAPPENED to be going to "honor our fallen soldiers" that day until he started taking shit for not going to Berlin.

What did you expect him to do? Perform CPR on the soldiers?

His appropriate visit was the memorial service. Much like Lincolns visit to Gettysburg was at the memorial service not immediately after the battle

Lincoln is no longer a good example to bring up to the wingnuts. He opposed secession.:lol:

[
So its now official

The Obama haters now always prepare as many sets of talking points they need depending on what the president does or doesn't do. Had he gone to Berlin and not to Ft. Hood,

the nuts would have gone to plan B.

Obama Draws Criticism for Sitting Out Berlin Wall Anniversary

President Obama squeezed in a trip to Copenhagen last month to lobby, unsuccessfully, for Chicago to host the 2016 Summer Olympics. He plans to travel to Oslo next month to accept the Nobel Peace Prize, an award that even Obama has said he does not deserve. And this coming week, he sets out on a weeklong tour of Asia.

But the president does not plan to travel to Germany to attend the 20th anniversary celebration Monday of the fall of the Berlin Wall, drawing heated criticism from those who say he's ignoring a shining triumph of American-inspired democracy.

"A tragedy," is how former House Speaker Newt Gingrich described Obama's absence.

Some question whether the decision not to go was a nod to Russia, with which the Obama administration is trying to mend relations, or just another attempt to play down the perception of the United States as an exceptional superpower.

For its part, the administration is citing a scheduling conflict. The White House says the president simply does not have the time to go, with the trip to Asia starting Wednesday.

"Obviously we have a lot to work on here and we have commitments for an upcoming Asia trip," White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said Tuesday, noting that a "very senior delegation" of U.S. officials would attend.

Obama Draws Criticism for Sitting Out Berlin Wall Anniversary - FOXNews.com

I think they gave you the answer as why he couldn't go and then there is the fact he went to Ft Hood today. Which one do you want him to go to? You guys really need to make up your mind.

Why do we have to pick which one we wanted him to go to? Do we taxpayers not cough up for the man to have a jet? Air Force One. Ever heard of it? Explain to me why he couldn't have done both. His schedule appears to have time to drop everything and flit off to all manner of other places on errands that AREN'T HIS FRIGGING JOB. So why can't he drop everything and flit off on errands that are?

So its now official

sober up.

Brilliant answer, and so efficient. It only took you two words to say, "I have no answer, and stop being logical at me while I'm busy kissing Obama's ass."

[
So its now official

The Obama haters now always prepare as many sets of talking points they need depending on what the president does or doesn't do. Had he gone to Berlin and not to Ft. Hood,

the nuts would have gone to plan B.

I think we're going to stick with Plan A, where he should have done both.

The Obama fluffers never have to prepare any talking points other than "Everything he does is SO WONDERFUL, the only objection you could possibly have is that you hate him. I don't have to answer! I just have to scream 'Obama hater!'"

God forbid anybody ever suggest that the man has a job other than to stand around, smiling, so that NY and his buddies can adore him.

President Obama squeezed in a trip to Copenhagen last month to lobby, unsuccessfully, for Chicago to host the 2016 Summer Olympics. He plans to travel to Oslo next month to accept the Nobel Peace Prize, an award that even Obama has said he does not deserve. And this coming week, he sets out on a weeklong tour of Asia.

But the president does not plan to travel to Germany to attend the 20th anniversary celebration Monday of the fall of the Berlin Wall, drawing heated criticism from those who say he's ignoring a shining triumph of American-inspired democracy.

"A tragedy," is how former House Speaker Newt Gingrich described Obama's absence.

Some question whether the decision not to go was a nod to Russia, with which the Obama administration is trying to mend relations, or just another attempt to play down the perception of the United States as an exceptional superpower.

For its part, the administration is citing a scheduling conflict. The White House says the president simply does not have the time to go, with the trip to Asia starting Wednesday.

"Obviously we have a lot to work on here and we have commitments for an upcoming Asia trip," White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said Tuesday, noting that a "very senior delegation" of U.S. officials would attend.

Why do we have to pick which one we wanted him to go to? Do we taxpayers not cough up for the man to have a jet? Air Force One. Ever heard of it? Explain to me why he couldn't have done both. His schedule appears to have time to drop everything and flit off to all manner of other places on errands that AREN'T HIS FRIGGING JOB. So why can't he drop everything and flit off on errands that are?

Oh...so now the right wingnuts have stopped sending a bill every time Obama fires up Air Force One

sober up.

Brilliant answer, and so efficient. It only took you two words to say, "I have no answer, and stop being logical at me while I'm busy kissing Obama's ass."

Wasn't President Obama and the First Lady at Ft Hood yesterday?

Brilliant and touching speech wouldn't you say Cecilie??

One by one, President Barack Obama spoke the names and told the stories Tuesday of the 13 people slain in the Fort Hood shooting rampage, honoring their memories even as he denounced the "twisted logic" that led to their deaths.

"No faith justifies these murderous and craven acts; no just and loving God looks upon them with favor," Obama told the crowd on a steamy Texas afternoon. "And for what he has done, we know that the killer will be met with justice -- in this world and the next."

As for the victims and the soldiers who rushed to help them, Obama said, "We need not look to the past for greatness, because it is before our very eyes." He spoke at a memorial service before a crowd estimated at 15,000 on this enormous Army post.

Last edited:

well that sounds easy doesn't it Luissa??? Did he ever have plans to go to Berlin? So, don't use Fort Hood as an easy out. Our guys didn't die so he could cover his ass did they?

what are you even talking about? I think you need to seek help willow.

Oh...so now the right wingnuts have stopped sending a bill every time Obama fires up Air Force One

Only when he uses it for the things we actually provide it for. See, there's this thing that employed people have called a "job description". When he uses Air Force One to meet his "job description", we have no problem with that. When he uses it for things that AREN'T in his "job description", we object.

I realize, though, that talking to a leftist about job descriptions is like talking to a dog about nuclear physics. They just sit there, gazing blankly at you, waiting for you to toss them a Snausage.

you guys need to seek professional help!

sober up.

Del is being the logical one here, you guys are being insane and acting like five year olds.

Only when he uses it for the things we actually provide it for. See, there's this thing that employed people have called a "job description". When he uses Air Force One to meet his "job description", we have no problem with that. When he uses it for things that AREN'T in his "job description", we object.

I realize, though, that talking to a leftist about job descriptions is like talking to a dog about nuclear physics. They just sit there, gazing blankly at you, waiting for you to toss them a Snausage.

How bout we do this?

We can have the President clear his trips through message boards to make sure he is keeping you folks happy

what are you even talking about? I think you need to seek help willow.

me see help? you were the one excusing him from Berlin because of Ft. Hood. One had absolutely nothing to do with the other..

TIMOTHY GEITHNER TREASURY SECRETARY is a Rockefeller man, so what point does Old Crock want to make, that Obama is actually run by the Rockefellers. Over and over he posts, and each time I scratch my head and think that Old Crock is out of his mind.

Only point to make is that the Liberal/Marxist are devoid of substance.

Obama is a marxist, Rev. Wright is a marxist, Bill Ayers is a marxist, Van Jones is a marxist, Anita Dunn is a marxist

Then I guess all the Marxists and Trotkyists in the GOP will be jumping ship and becoming Democrats...

GR2008020102389.gif

sober up.

Wasn't President Obama and the First Lady at Ft Hood yesterday?

Brilliant and touching speech wouldn't you say Cecilie??

One by one, President Barack Obama spoke the names and told the stories Tuesday of the 13 people slain in the Fort Hood shooting rampage, honoring their memories even as he denounced the "twisted logic" that led to their deaths.

"No faith justifies these murderous and craven acts; no just and loving God looks upon them with favor," Obama told the crowd on a steamy Texas afternoon. "And for what he has done, we know that the killer will be met with justice -- in this world and the next."

As for the victims and the soldiers who rushed to help them, Obama said, "We need not look to the past for greatness, because it is before our very eyes." He spoke at a memorial service before a crowd estimated at 15,000 on this enormous Army post.

Yes, I was deeply impressed by his carefully-orchestrated photo op. I certainly have no criticisms about Obama's skill at self-promotion.

Now wipe the drool off your chin and go change into a pair of dry pants.

you guys need to seek professional help!

Translated: "I have no answer, and why won't you people just let me get back to worshipping Obama!"

Forum List

Back