What about a "Weather" forum???

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
The Enviro Forum bears the brunt of all things weather right now.. And since 97% of USMB posters know that weather is not climate and viceaverse --- It would IMPROVE the focus of the Enviro forum and let folks have more fun discussing extreme weather events.

Also improves the JUDGEMENT of that 3% that can't tell the diff between weather and climate..

Weather would be much fun and interesting if any thread didn't start the same ole Global Warming brawls..

What about it eh???

Weather is what the news is for.

It would require us all to be meteorologists and someone in Chicago will not have any weather related events in common with someone in Texas.

I think certain events like Tornadoes only impact people in the Midwest. Yesterday's weather events are esoteric and hard to describe without individuals being a weatherman themselves. We had weather maps in 9th grade and we had to use a ruler and draw lines to make a circle between every temperature station in the state that had basically the same temperature. It grew boring.

...the environment is hostile!

mail

Given that nobody has really said anything new (or even interesting) as it regards Global Weirding for a long long time, I say YES.

I think its still possible for us to agree and possibly even have some friendly discussion on what the WEATHER has been like, yes?

We're not going to find ourselves blaming the parties for the rains in spain that fall mainly on the plains, will we?

If there was a weather folder, how would you prevent the same pack of denialist 'tards (skook and the others) from spamming that folder as well with their endless "Weather is climate!" threads?

They would turn every thread into a Gorefest. There would be no fun.

Gore rule invoked. Whoever brings up Al Gore first reveals themself to be a political cultist, and thus forfeits the thread for their side.

Those who can talk about the facts, do. Those who can't, they rave about politics.

Kind of cloudy today but not too cold

Could make for some interesting discussions

If there was a weather folder, how would you prevent the same pack of denialist 'tards (skook and the others) from spamming that folder as well with their endless "Weather is climate!" threads?

Gore rule invoked. Whoever brings up Al Gore first reveals themself to be a political cultist, and thus forfeits the thread for their side.

Those who can talk about the facts, do. Those who can't, they rave about politics.

What happens AFTER the thread is posted cant be controlled except thru voluntary cooperation.. But having a separate weather forum might stimulate a BROADER TYPE of enviro posts in the current one.

This way -- if a Weather discussion ends up in the Enviro Forum, we can all see who has self-control and reasonable judgement about Weather vs Climate -- and who doesn't..

AND folks could go hog wild about interesting and impactful weather events without ENCOURAGING all that off-topic BS..

Folks would still be welcome to SUGGEST that a current weather is AGW inspired by opening a thread in the Enviro Forum.. But we wouldn't have to wade thru every every "It's hot -- It's cold" thread and IMMEDIATELY start a scrum...

Kind of cloudy today but not too cold

Could make for some interesting discussions

I can work with that. Set up the rim shot..
How cold is it today where you are? It was not too cold for Justin Bieber to egg his neighbors house..

When PolarBear says it's cold today where HE lives --- I take that very seriously..

Last edited:

'Gorefest' made me laugh. Never seen that usage before. In context it's both perfect and amusing. :)

Thank you.

Better yet just put in a word filter. Anytime someone types the word Gore it is changed to furry puppies.

Bloody winter has been harsh on the E coast.

I'm waiting another day for this snow mess to get cleaned up, then I must scoot down to PA. timing it so that I miss the storm coming in on Sunday.

My father died last evening alone in the hospital meanwhile this winter weather keep his wife of 42 years, my sister, his grandson, and myself from getting to the hospital.

So yeah the winter this year has been just a tad inconvenient.

Bloody winter has been harsh on the E coast.

I'm waiting another day for this snow mess to get cleaned up, then I must scoot down to PA. timing it so that I miss the storm coming in on Sunday.

My father died last evening alone in the hospital meanwhile this winter weather keep his wife of 42 years, my sister, his grandson, and myself from getting to the hospital.

So yeah the winter this year has been just a tad inconvenient.

Oh, what a sad thing for you all.

You have my sympathy.

Forum List

Back