what a scumbag

wow, that pig reminds me of some of the lefties on this board.
Pretty awful, for sure.

I won't have that problem, though. I drive a MINI Cooper. :eusa_angel:

Still, I would have called the cops on that one. Poor guy, got his kids to sleep in the car and that thing wakes them up with that mouth?

Yuck.

Sure, I cuss on the board, but I watch my mouth in public and certainly around kids.

As a public school teacher, I watch my mouth around kids, but as a proud Virginia concealed carry permit holder, I might have had to shot that swine.
I've lived a lot of places in the US and abroad, and I'm liking the Commonwealth the best so far.

:)

Posing as a MoH winner is despicable in my opinion as well, and if an actual veteran decided to slap the piss out of someone for such dishonor I'd probably applaud the guy.

I do not, however, condone government enforcement of that opinion. A lie in this sense does no actual, measurable harm. Thus, the comparison cannot rightly be made between impersonating an MoH winner and impersonating a police officer. Unlike a police officer, a decorated veteran's words and actions don't carry with them the weight of official authority, whereas the authority of a police officer lends an impersonator the appearance of government sanctioned power over anyone taken in by the facade. Physically resisting detainment by a police officer is a crime, for instance. Not so with an MoH winner.

In the absence of physically measurable damage, those who are against this practice (myself included) can only truly be said to oppose it because of our subjective opinions of appropriateness. The government taking action in this case would set the dangerous (holy shit is that an understatement) precedent of government regulation based on what is or is not socially appropriate. Then it's only a matter of time before there's ads on TV encouraging you to report inappropriate criticism of our exalted leaders (obamatruth.com as a legal imperative).

wow, that pig reminds me of some of the lefties on this board.
Pretty awful, for sure.

Still, I would have called the cops on that one. Poor guy, got his kids to sleep in the car and that thing wakes them up with that mouth?

Yuck.

Sure, I cuss on the board, but I watch my mouth in public and certainly around kids.

As a public school teacher, I watch my mouth around kids, but as a proud Virginia concealed carry permit holder, I might have had to shot that swine.

for saying that you should have it taken away

Medal of Honor law that convicted Xavier Alvarez declared unconstitutional - Whittier Daily News

The law that convicted Xavier Alvarez of Pomona for falsely claiming he won the Medal of Honor was declared unconstitutional Tuesday by a federal appeals court panel in Pasadena.
A three-year-old federal law made it a crime punishable by up to a year in jail to falsely claim to have received the medal.

Alvarez, while campaigning for office, said at a public meeting in 2007 that he was a retired Marine who received the Medal of Honor.

Alvarez pleaded guilty on condition that he be allowed to appeal on First Amendment grounds. He was sentenced under the Stolen Valor Act to more than 400 hours of community service at a veterans hospital and fined $5,000.

Read more: Medal of Honor law that convicted Xavier Alvarez declared unconstitutional - Whittier Daily News Medal of Honor law that convicted Xavier Alvarez declared unconstitutional - Whittier Daily News

It will probably end up with the Supreme Court then since the 9th is the most overturned court in history and whenever it has the chance to get it wrong -it usually does. There is no constitutional right to lie about the Medal of Honor and if a law is passed making it illegal to lie about receiving it, so be it. You can't make a law making it illegal to tell any lie -but I think there is a case to be made that it is possible to make it illegal to lie about a very specific thing like this. We make it a crime to make a false report of a crime, we make it a crime to lie to any branch of the federal government even if you are not under oath. What should scare the shit out of people is that you don't even need to tell that lie directly to a federal employee as long as the lie falls within the jurisdiction of the function of the never ending expansion of the federal government. And not knowing that is actually a crime is not accepted as an excuse, just like claiming you didn't know any particular act was against the law will excuse you from breaking the law. If you lie during an interview for a job with federal government -it is a crime. If you work in any business that receives any government money and make a substantial lie orally or in writing during the course of your business practice, it is potentially a crime now. The 9th has no problem with the insanely broad scope and power Congress claimed for itself with the passage of Title 18, United States Code, Section 1001 that also leaves the door wide open for Congress to claim just about any power it wants when it comes to going after private citizens now -but has a problem upholding this law? Looks to me like this falls under the section that makes it clear you don't need to lie to any employee of the federal government, just lie about something that falls under their jurisdiction. Medal of Honor is given by the President in the name of Congress -so it is two branches of government involved. This would be the least intrusive of all the possible ways Congress has made sure it can claim the authority to abuse its powers and probably one that could only affect an occasional sociopath every century or so and probably be someone who needs to be in prison anyway. But even most sociopaths would not tell this lie!

Gingrich got it right when it comes to the 9th -Congress should just do away with it entirely. A pack of overpaid, political hacks posing as judges which is why the overwhelming vast majority of their rulings get tossed in the trash by SCOTUS.

Pretty awful, for sure.

Yuck.

for saying that you should have it taken away

The First Amendment and Second Amendment disagree. Plus, I was just joking. I, as most CHP holders, are law-abiding citizens. While carrying, I make sure I stay out of dangerous situations just so that I don't have to draw on someone. Pulling the trigger is a serious matter and it changes one's life forever.

Last edited:
I've lived a lot of places in the US and abroad, and I'm liking the Commonwealth the best so far.:)

Me too. I'm an Alabamian by birth and still am one during football season. The rest of the year though I proudly claim Virginia as my home.

Medal of Honor law that convicted Xavier Alvarez declared unconstitutional - Whittier Daily News

The law that convicted Xavier Alvarez of Pomona for falsely claiming he won the Medal of Honor was declared unconstitutional Tuesday by a federal appeals court panel in Pasadena.
A three-year-old federal law made it a crime punishable by up to a year in jail to falsely claim to have received the medal.

Alvarez, while campaigning for office, said at a public meeting in 2007 that he was a retired Marine who received the Medal of Honor.

Alvarez pleaded guilty on condition that he be allowed to appeal on First Amendment grounds. He was sentenced under the Stolen Valor Act to more than 400 hours of community service at a veterans hospital and fined $5,000.

Read more: Medal of Honor law that convicted Xavier Alvarez declared unconstitutional - Whittier Daily News Medal of Honor law that convicted Xavier Alvarez declared unconstitutional - Whittier Daily News

Anyone who would lie about recieving the Medal of Honor should be known as Major Douchebag.

If we start throwing people in jail for lying, they'd have to round up every democrat.

Forum List

Back