What a screw up: Dems make Unfortunate Kennedy Analogy. Unbelievable.

Jan 17, 2010
Mississippi
Whoa, what a statement. I can't believe he said this. It just shows their supreme arrogance, incompetence, non-empathy and utter disregard for common sense.

http://www.thefoxnation.com/massach...0/01/18/dems-make-unfortunate-kennedy-analogy

Mary+Joe+blub+blub.bmp

Chris Van Hollen of Maryland, chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee said THIS about Ted Kennedy's Senate seat...“Why would you hand the keys to the car back to the same guys whose policies drove the economy into the ditch and then walked away from the scene of the accident?”

Last edited:
Whoa, what a statement. I can't believe he said this. It just shows their supreme arrogance, incompetence, non-empathy and utter disregard for common sense.

http://www.thefoxnation.com/massachu...ennedy-analogy

mary-jo.jpg

Chris Van Hollen of Maryland, chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee said THIS about Ted Kennedy's Senate seat...“Why would you hand the keys to the car back to the same guys whose policies drove the economy into the ditch and then walked away from the scene of the accident?”

Priceless !!!

Search the FOX Nation

Login | Register Now
Haiti EarthquakeSarah PalinHealth careMassachusetts Senate RaceThe Constitution and FreedomEminent Domain
The requested page could not be found.

http://www.thefoxnation.com/massachu...ennedy-analogy

Mary+Joe+blub+blub.bmp

This is again proof that the democrat party believe the citizens of MASS. & the populace in general of the United States to be ignorant.

Well--the news has slowly seeped in as to what has happened to this economy & whose fault it really is. And all roads of this current economic collapse leads right back to the door--step of Fannie/Freddie & our federal government's incompetance at managing these agencies. We also know that they were run by democrats.

Dems Make Unfortunate Kennedy Analogy | The FOX Nation

Mary+Joe+blub+blub.bmp

Sorry--I didn't see it at first. Mary Jo Kapetnee--(spelled her name wrong I am certain)-- Ted Kennedy left the scene--didn't report the accident until hours later--police arrive & Mary Jo is dead.

Man--What a screw-up.

Are liberals really this stupid?

Mary+Joe+blub+blub.bmp

Sorry--I didn't see it at first. Mary Jo Kapetnee--(spelled her name wrong I am certain)-- Ted Kennedy left the scene--didn't report the accident until hours later--police arrive & Mary Jo is dead.

Man--What a screw-up.

Are liberals really this stupid?

Yes they are. Did you happen to see the number 1 elist Kerry accusing Brown voters of being malicious. I am going to go see if I can find it, it was hysterically funny to me anyway.

:clap2: oh well played dems. :lol:

Chris Van Hollen of Maryland, chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee said THIS about Ted Kennedy's Senate seat...“Why would you hand the keys to the car back to the same guys whose policies drove the economy into the ditch and then walked away from the scene of the accident?” “For the Republicans to say vote for us and bring back the guys who got us into this mess in the first place, I don’t think it’s a winner.”

Too funny there! :lol:

homer-simpson-doh.jpg

I'm not so sure this quote of Van Hollen's is necessarily in regard to the seat vacated by Kennedy's death. At least not based on how I read the article.

Jan. 16 (Bloomberg) -- Even if Democrats lose the Jan. 19 special election to pick a new Massachusetts senator, Congress may still pass a health-care overhaul by using a process called reconciliation, a top House Democrat said.

That procedure requires 51 votes rather than the 60 needed to prevent Republicans from blocking votes on President Barack Obama’s top legislative priorities. That supermajority is at risk as the Massachusetts race has tightened.

“Even before Massachusetts and that race was on the radar screen, we prepared for the process of using reconciliation,” said Chris Van Hollen of Maryland, chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.

“Getting health-care reform passed is important,” Van Hollen said in an interview on Bloomberg Television’s “Political Capital with Al Hunt,” airing this weekend. “Reconciliation is an option.”

Using reconciliation would likely force Democrats to scale back their health-care plans. The procedure is designed to make deficit-cutting easier by reducing the number of votes needed to pass unpopular tax increases and spending cuts. Lawmakers can’t include policy changes that the parliamentarian deems have only an “incidental” connection to budget-cutting, and senators would need 60 votes to override those rulings.

Van Hollen also said he expects Democratic Senate candidate Martha Coakley to win in Massachusetts.

‘Pure Hallucination’

Van Hollen said Republican predictions that the political climate had changed so much that they can capture the 40 seats needed to regain control of the House was œpure hallucination.

“Why would you hand the keys to the car back to the same guys whose policies drove the economy into the ditch and then walked away from the scene of the accident?” Van Hollen said. “For the Republicans to say vote for us and bring back the guys who got us into this mess in the first place, I don’t think it’s a winner.”

He said Democrats expect to see their majority shrink this year because the party that occupies the White House traditionally loses congressional seats in the first midterm election...

Health Bill Can Pass Senate With 51 Votes, Van Hollen Says - Yahoo! News

Yes, in the article it falls just after they say he expects Coakley to win, but the quote in question, in my opinion, seems to be in the broader context of the current political atmosphere as opposed to the Massachusetts special election specifically.

Forum List

Back