What a moran!

Air Force discharging sergeant who doubts Obama

Staff Sgt. Daryn Moran expects to be discharged within the next week. Although the 41-year-old Nebraska man refused to report to duty and had called for Obama's arrest in statements on websites, several other things contributed to his discharge, including his opposition to Obama's decision to allow gays to serve openly in the military.

Moran said he didn't consider his orders valid because he doesn't consider Obama's presidency valid. Even as he was waiting for the Air Force to decide what to do with him, Moran was calling for Obama's arrest.

Air Force discharging sergeant who doubts Obama - Yahoo! News

It's hard to believe that he wouldn't get a more severe penalty than simply being discharged.

DD and Mr. Clean basically say it all.

Sounds to me like Staff Sargent Moran decided he didn't want to finish out his current enlistment and wanted to renege on his obligations.

Immie

It's hard to believe that he wouldn't get a more severe penalty than simply being discharged.

He was already on his way to a discharge when this came out. I suspect he has deeper issues than a delusion about Kenyan Muslim secret agents hiding in the White House.

AWOL staff sergeant doubts Obama’s citizenship - Air Force News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Air Force Times
Moran, though, said he had no desire to go to prison like Lakin. He said he tried to resign several times from the Air Force, but his first sergeant wouldn’t allow it. He also talked about asking one of the doctors in his unit about her Muslim faith in March, one of his coworkers “couldn’t handle it” and that he was removed from his position.

“My conscience is violated,” he said. “I feel like I’m supporting the flag of whatever those Islamic countries are and the rainbow flag and not the red, white and blue. That’s not the kind of people I want to be associated with.”

Birther staff sgt. not AWOL, leaving Air Force - Air Force News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Air Force Times
Staff Sgt. Daryn Moran had called for a citizen’s arrest of Obama, taunted Air Force officials to arrest him for going AWOL and demanded the president provide “a birth certificate which stands up to professional examination” in an audio interview and in several emails that have been posted on websites aligned with the birther movement, which believes the president isn’t a U.S. citizen.

There’s just one hitch: Moran, an ophthalmology technician assigned to the 86th Airlift Wing at Ramstein Air Base, is actually on an approved leave status, according to a statement released by U.S. Air Forces in Europe.

“He is currently outprocessing for discharge from the Air Force which was previously approved by his commander on August 4th,” the statement reads. “While we are aware of the comments that appear on various Web sites attributed to Staff Sgt. Moran, officials with United States Air Forces in Europe will not discuss nor characterize those comments."

DD and Mr. Clean basically say it all.

Sounds to me like Staff Sargent Moran decided he didn't want to finish out his current enlistment and wanted to renege on his obligations.

Immie

I just hope it is the type of discharge that removes all of his post military benefits.

I just hope it is the type of discharge that removes all of his post military benefits.

Such as?

Military Benefits

Thanks for the link, but as a retiree myself, I'm familiar with the benefits. I was just curious as to what the civilian public thinks ex-military personnel receive as "benefits" when they leave prior to actual retirement. Hint, it's not as lucrative as Congress receives: Congressional Pensions Explained - Opinion - FOXNews.com

Thanks for the link, but as a retiree myself, I'm familiar with the benefits. I was just curious as to what the civilian public thinks ex-military personnel receive as "benefits" when they leave prior to actual retirement. Hint, it's not as lucrative as Congress receives: Congressional Pensions Explained - Opinion - FOXNews.com

VA medical care is worth a small fortune alone.
and he obviously needs extended mental care.

Last edited:

Well, duh! What is? ;)

What do you think you are going to get, when you can write your own retirement plan and have the public pay for it, a savings account that pays .25% interest and your employer matches 0% of contributions?

Immie

VA medical care is worth a small fortune alone.
and he obviously needs extended mental care.

Have you ever been treated at a VA hospital or clinic? I have. It's not as lucrative or thorough as you may think. It's the reason we have the phrase "better than nothing" in the American lexicon. It's certainly not on par with TriCare or Medicare. Medicaid, maybe. I don't know as much about Medicaid to know what it does and does not cover.

Forum List

Back