What a long, strange fishing trip

DeliveranceStart01aa1-1.jpg

We arrived in Michigan without a boat.

My friend's trailer burned out an axle bearing. Took 3 hours to find a tow.
Estimate: 3 weeks just to get parts.

So we are fucked. $1,800/week lakeside rental and no boat to float.

We arrived in Michigan without a boat.

My friend's trailer burned out an axle bearing. Took 3 hours to find a tow.
Estimate: 3 weeks just to get parts.

So we are fucked. $1,800/week lakeside rental and no boat to float.

Oh come on... a few pool noodles and you're set!

I'll pool noodle you, young lady.

:D

We didn't travel this far to fish off the docks and noodle the banks.

So on day 1 we just unpack sit back and guage our options.

Drink drank drunk. Next morning call the local marina.

Yeah- only thing available is pontoon- $1,200 for week.

Sat. night- getting drunk, bumming out.
Had some fun with the refrigerator magnets...

cropresize-1.jpg

So we head over to the marina. Waiting for it to open at 11am Sunday. Credit card in hand.

Where's Paul? He went wandering off. Phone rings... "hey I'm down the street- come over here there's some folks I want you to meet". He spotted a retired couple and several others partying in their lakefront yard so he chatted them up, told them our hard-luck story. After some introductions the guy says "here's the key to our pontoon boat- go out and enjoy yourselves".

We were speechless. Total stranger hands us the keys, saves us $1,200 boat rental.
Bingo.
Thank goodness I didn't comment on his Obama poster LOL.

This is Bill the retired high school principal. Bye-bye Bill...

IMG_0450resize.jpg

Gull Lake near Kalamazoo.

We spent that morning fishing, then tied up at our house for lunch. Then back out that afternoon.
When we took the boat back the guy is like "what- you don't need it for tomorrow"?

LOL. That went on all week.

We gave them a thank-you card with $200 stuffed innit. Great folks. No mater what time of day they had a drink in their hands.

More pix later.

Oh- my avater... long story LOL. I'll get there.

Michigan gets a bad rap because of the Detroit are but the Western side and Up North are really quite nice.

Yuo do know the four food groups of Michiganders, don't you?

1. Alchohol
2. Tobacco
3. Fat
4. Salt

The avatar.

My buddy had this plastic doll torso in his tackle box- from a previous fishing trip.
They're kids' cupcake toppers- or something like that. Anyway I stuck them in baked potatos as a gag a couple years ago. Big laugh.

We first contemplated the most efficient rig and determined that "head first, tits up" would be aquadynamic.

So he hooks it up, and sticks a plastic worm on the bottom peg- then tosses it in the lake.

The avatar is a close up crop of the original picture. I had it enlarged and framed, then showed it to a couple art instructors at the local university. They were... intrigued.

IMG_0651resize.jpg

Lou is the gourmet cook. Here we have "pig on pig". Flattened pork steaks rolled around a centre of cream cheese/herb/raisin/nut compote, all wrapped in bacon. Covered in magic glaze. Wrapped these puppies in foil and put them on the grill out back.
Snappy peas and rice with good tasting shit innit.

pig-1.jpg

At the grocery, I bought this little "Voodoo Doll" from the fitty cent vend-o-matic.

Put it on the fridge and stuck a needle in it's head.

10 minutes later, one of the guys bashed his head on an open cabinet door LOL.

voodooresize.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

Forum List

Back