what a health care plan!! ABC's Q and A

woodjack

Jul 1, 2009
Anchorage, Alaska
Senate Health Care Bill: Frequently Asked Questions - ABC News

After reading this Q and A from ABC about the new health insurance reform, I find myself wondering how anyone could think this is a good bill. This quote is again very foreboding.

"Will taxes go up?

In some cases, yes. Some higher-wage people would pay higher payroll taxes.

Also, insurance companies that offer the most expensive plans -- the so-called "Cadillac plans" -- will be taxed. And they may pass those taxes on to employers and employees...or cut the benefits.

Finally, health industries - like device makers and hospitals - would pay higher taxes, too... And they may pass those costs onto you."

So again how are prices going to go down when even hospital expenses will go up? And again they say you can keep your own plan you have now but with greatly reduced benefits if you fall under a cadillac plan. I am curious what they consider a cadillac plan.

any thoughts on this Q and A? It is not from fox news (if you can call fox "news")

I thought ABC was in the Obama camp, but reading this I have to admitt I was shocked, sadly that they are voting yea on this drivel. Looks to me it will drive costs up........and taxes up....

^ that is what we have been saying the entire time. Finally some people are waking up. *looks for the REAL reform but is puzzled*

I am unhappy to have to admit that it is highly unlikely that a real reform package will ever get through as congress does not actually have to personally deal with any consequences of said reform or non reform.

After reading this Q and A from ABC about the new health insurance reform, I find myself wondering how anyone could think this is a good bill. This quote is again very foreboding.

"Will taxes go up?

Also, insurance companies that offer the most expensive plans -- the so-called "Cadillac plans" -- will be taxed. And they may pass those taxes on to employers and employees...or cut the benefits.

Finally, health industries - like device makers and hospitals - would pay higher taxes, too... And they may pass those costs onto you."

So again how are prices going to go down when even hospital expenses will go up? And again they say you can keep your own plan you have now but with greatly reduced benefits if you fall under a cadillac plan. I am curious what they consider a cadillac plan.

any thoughts on this Q and A? It is not from fox news (if you can call fox "news")

I thought ABC was in the Obama camp, but reading this I have to admitt I was shocked, sadly that they are voting yea on this drivel. Looks to me it will drive costs up........and taxes up....

They call this a classic con....the bait and switch....Obama duped the country into thinking he could get everyone something for nothing...they fell for it...Congress passed it...now reality sets in.

America....asleep at the switch on November 4th 2008.

"Will taxes go up?

They call this a classic con....the bait and switch....Obama duped the country into thinking he could get everyone something for nothing...they fell for it...Congress passed it...now reality sets in.

America....asleep at the switch on November 4th 2008.[/QUOTE

Its a safe bet that costs will be going up. This clusterfuck of a bill does nothing about the real problem which is cost.

If insurance companies have to cover those with pre-existing conditions and illnesses you can bet the cost will go up for everyone. NO tort reform and the ins companies will be making money hand over fist. We the taxpayers are getting hosed once again. Kinda telling when the Dems have to bribe thier own Senators to get this clusterfuck passed. Who knows what gems are hidden in this 2,000 + page peice of shit.

Oh yeah. Hang onto your wallets because they will be coming for all of us who actually pay taxes.

Anyone who thought providing insurance for 30 mil more people would cost "less" deserves to go back to the 5th grade. And the worst part is that many of those 30 mil may not even like it This was all about power and redistribution of wealth from the get go. And how disingenuous and sleazy to use the "dying uninsured babies" to get there..

After reading this Q and A from ABC about the new health insurance reform, I find myself wondering how anyone could think this is a good bill.

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. but it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

-- Winston Churchill

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills...

-- John F. Kennedy

It'll do for now.

-- Joe Steel

The USA was founded in the name of democracy, equality and individual freedom, but is failing to deliver the fundamental promise of protecting rights for all. Amnesty International

To govern according to the sense and agreement of the interests of the people is a great and glorious object of governance. This object cannot be obtained but through the medium of popular election, and popular election is a mighty evil! Edmund Burke

With respect to the words general welfare, I have always regarded them as qualified by the detail of powers connected with them. To take them in a literal and unlimited sense would be a metamorphosis of the Constitution into a character which there is a host of proofs was not contemplated by its creators. James Madison

The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation and foreign commerce. James Madison

When a Govt. assumes that it knows best for it's citizens, more so than they do themselves, then it takes from them the ability to make their own destiny and ceeds that for the common good and then becomes not a nation under which we have lived for 200 plus years but a new one never envisioned by it's creators or wanted by the vast majority of it's citizens. Navy

Forum List

Back