What a Good Day to be a Conservative!

He's still going to have to do the bidding of the people of Masssachusettes which is hardly a stronghold of conservatism.

So enjoy your little victory. It's not going to amount to anything.

I woke up today and realize that their is still hope in America for freedom.

Be careful what you wish for, be careful what you wish for, la la la la la la, LOL...

HEY, YOU are into HOPE - is it the kind you can believe in, la la la la la la...

Ah, see some attempt to detract from Brown's conservatism by stating he is pro-choice.

Brown is fiscally conservative and socially moderate.

His stance is one of smaller government, lower taxes, and strong on defense. He also called for a repeal of the gay marriage law in Massachusetts and he supports enhanced interrogation of suspected terrorists.

In essence, Scott Brown is a JFK Democrat - something the Democrat Party sadly moved away from a number of years ago. A JFK Democrat of today is now a moderate conservative Republican!!

Perhaps the party will wise up, dump the too left Big Government liberalism of Reid and Pelosi (and Obama?) and align itself once again with the more moderate political middle that is most of America.

Same goes for the Republicans...

• Banned
Ah, see some attempt to detract from Brown's conservatism by stating he is pro-choice.

His stance is one of smaller government, lower taxes, and strong on defense. He also called for a repeal of the gay marriage law in Massachusetts and he supports enhanced interrogation of suspected terrorists.

In essence, Scott Brown is a JFK Democrat - something the Democrat Party sadly moved away from a number of years ago. A JFK Democrat of today is now a moderate conservative Republican!!

Perhaps the party will wise up, dump the too left Big Government liberalism of Reid and Pelosi (and Obama?) and align itself once again with the more moderate political middle that is most of America.

I don't think that individuals should have to moderate their beliefs in order to be in the middle. Most of the time that is done for some kind of power thing because if you can get everyone agreeing on something then the political process moves but what if it is moving in a direction you do not like? Should you have to support something you don't believe in?

I know its lonely being the only guy that holds a belief but there is nothing wrong with trying to convince others of what you believe. That is how change happens in this country.

The underlined I like....the other is more neocon'ish...and we all know where that got the Republican Party in 2008. :lol::lol::lol:

I wonder how the republican base will handle Brown's liberal social views?

They wont like it much but Im sure he will vote in ways that make them happy.

I don't think Massachusetts Republicans will have much of an issue with Brown's social views. It's the people down here in the south that will gripe about it, but that's too bad for them.

I don't think Massachusetts Republicans will have much of an issue with Brown's social views. It's the people down here in the south that will gripe about it, but that's too bad for them.

Our voting majority is independant anyway, and the independants gave him 65% of their vote...dems gave him 22%...reps were in the bag.

Another neocon in Washington does not inspire hope for freedom in my mind.

Good thing scott brown won then, considering this Project Vote Smart - Senator-elect Scott P. Brown - Voting Record you can hardly call him a neo-con.

I can't call a Republican who supports big government a neocon? Then I must have my definition of neocon mixed up, because I believe the only conservative in that race was, ironically, named Kennedy.

Another neocon in Washington does not inspire hope for freedom in my mind.

Good thing scott brown won then, considering this Project Vote Smart - Senator-elect Scott P. Brown - Voting Record you can hardly call him a neo-con.

I can't call a Republican who supports big government a neocon? Then I must have my definition of neocon mixed up, because I believe the only conservative in that race was, ironically, named Kennedy.

He supports smaller government. The republicans that support bigger government are the ones we call progressives ;).

He also called for a repeal of the gay marriage law in Massachusetts

Link? :confused:

Just five days ago, I blogged that “anti-gay” has become an “all purpose slur to silence politically incorrect opinions on gay issues“. We’ve seen that in the current contest to fill the Massachusetts Senate seat. Last month, a reader from New England alerted me to an article on gay Boston website identifying Scott Brown, the Republican nominee in that contest, as “anti-gay“.

The editors of the site did not respond to my e-mail requesting information on how they reached that conclusion. And my research turned up no evidence to support their claim. To be sure, Brown “opposes gay marriage and supports the Defense of Marriage Act”, but so too do a lot of Americans who do not harbor animus against homosexuals. They just believe marriage is an institution (which should be) reserved from couples of different sexes.

Indeed, despite his opposition to gay marriage, Brown has not dwelled on the issue in his campaign, telling editors of the Boston Herald that gay marriage in the Bay State is “settled law“:

Gay marriage, which he once wanted to put up for a referendum? “This is settled law” in Massachusetts, he said. “People have moved on.”

Just the other day, in fact, he chatted up two lesbians at Doyle’s in Jamaica Plain. They were so wowed, they asked for a “Brown for Senate” sign.

Doesn’t sound like an anti-gay fellow to me. Guess the editors at the Edge believe any Republican opposing gay marriage must necessarily be anti-gay.
GayPatriot Dishonestly tarring Scott Brown with the Anti-Gay Slur

Scott Brown is pro Civil Union.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back