What a fu*&^ng lovely host I have!!!

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
My apologies for the board going down while everyone was in the middle of reading and/or posting.

It appears my host provider decided to take down 50,000 websites at once to do maintenance! Without any prior notification!

Quoted from their support site:

ip change

Our admins are remapping the ip addresses of all our www* servers and there will be some brief interruptions. Thank you for you patience as we work throught this.

Meanwhile, the SQL servers were all operational. :(

Whew... glad you posted that. thought it was my !#$* computer again.

I swear this has been a horrible week for me trying to get on this site... I've got more work done this week than I have since I"ve joined this board!

Glad to see your back up and running! let's hope it don't happen again!

I'm sorry!

The host had some SQL server bumps in the beginning, then they upgraded apache and all went away for awhile. The SQL server just started acting up again this week for a few outages, and now they take down all their WWW servers!!

I'd move, but the higher end hosts cost a lot more than this host. I have to factor in monthly costs, purchase of a SQL database, setup fee, depending on whether they have shell access or not - you may have to pay elsewhere for a database restore so we wouldn't lose all our posts... Moving isn't easy, or cheap.

At least I wasn't alone, their "active users" on their site went from 12 to over 300 at last count, and NO ONE is happy.

Forum List

Back