What a freaking MORON// Lady on NBC says she hates the religious part of Christmas

Interesting thesis.

How do suppose Easter is the first SUNday following the first full moon of Spring? Seems a smidge Paganish. Yeah?

Because it's supposed to be the Sunday after Passover, which is when Christ was crucified. Though why it's off from the days of passover occasionally. Probably some archaic split in measuring time between Christians and Jews.

Apparently, it's PASSOVER which is set according to the full moon, so that Easter is set according to the full moon by association.

The reason that Easter sometimes doesn't coincide exactly with the Passover is because Passover apparently does not have to fall on any particular day of the week, but Easter must fall on a Sunday. Also, apparently time zones factor into the equation.

Interesting note: The Eastern Orthodox Christians still date Easter according to the Julian calendar, rather than the Gregorian calendar, so they don't celebrate at the same time we do.

Just an indication of what idiots liberals are is that they hate Christmas trees and get one every year. Tthey despise Christmas but don't give them that expected present and their feelings are hurt. Tell those lib friends and relatives that you respect their rejection of Christmas so much, they won't be insulted by inviting them to dinner.
it is possible to treat liberals as they deserve to be treated.

Here try this Dumpling-www.essortment.com/christmas-pagan-origins.42543.html.Oh BTW just tried it on Bing and it popped right up OH P.S. You may want to check on that Spring birth of Christ,more like Fall. You are so entertaining ,nothing like a good laugh,afterall laughter is good medicine.

You just defined "more work than I'm interested in doing on YOUR frigging broken link". Either get a working link, or be discounted. Your choice.

Oh, and I have no need to "check on" anything about Christ's birth, since I already know that no one knows WHEN He was born, and also that that isn't the frigging point of the whole thing, anyway. YOU might want to check into that reading comprehension thing, since you're STILL babbling away about extraneous bullshit as though it matters.

Do I see ANYTHING in this post about any of the points I previously made? No? All I see is "I'm determined that THIS is what it's about, and THIS is the only valid source, who CARES that the links don't work, I'M going to define the debate". Well, Punkin, too bad. It isn't, it isn't, I do, and you're not.

You are so NOT entertaining. Idiots are fairly unoriginal. Let me know if you ever get out of your echo chamber and start conversing with people other than yourself.

Babbling on about extraneous bullshit BUT, yet you KEEP REPLYING OH BTW Darling you stated in one of your nonsensical many posts that Christ was born in April.No worries there sweetheart,I'm sure the nurses will be around soon with your meds

Oh, by the way, Dumbass, I did nothing of the sort. You can't get your freaking link to work and provide proof, but maybe your ignorant ass can handle scrolling back through the thread and finding proof that I EVER said that Christ was born in April. I said, and maintain, that no one knows when Christ was born, because the Scriptures never said.

No worries there, shithead. I'm sure the babysitter will give you a lollipop soon. Hope that makes your complete inability to EVER be right about ANYTHING sting less.

I'm kinda partial to the Gospel according to Linus van Pelt, myself.

If you're referring to his big quote in "A Charlie Brown Christmas", that would be the 2nd chapter of the Gospel of Luke. I know this, because it was the first entire chapter of the Bible I ever memorized, at the age of . . . I don't know, four? Five?

Just an indication of what idiots liberals are is that they hate Christmas trees and get one every year. Tthey despise Christmas but don't give them that expected present and their feelings are hurt. Tell those lib friends and relatives that you respect their rejection of Christmas so much, they won't be insulted by inviting them to dinner.
it is possible to treat liberals as they deserve to be treated.

And it is possible, nay, evident, that you poisoned your own premises before you started in your quest to find hypocrisy. Unfortunately straw is not a suitable material for that.

There's a ton of things wrong with this topic, starting with using "Newsbusters" as a source for anything but comedy and continuing with the idea of "moron".

But what I really don't get is (speaking of false premises) --even if we manage to s-t-r-e-t-c-h our imaginations to rationalize this into a topic deserving of any discourse at all ...how does it end up in the "politics" heading? Who are the politicians here?

Fair enough. Do you agree with the woman from NBC?

I didn't even read the link. I say let others believe what they choose and practice your own faith if you so choose. I see a lot of intolerance on both sides

Her comment was that she "hated the religious part of Christmas."

I think 'hated' demonstrates an extreme lack of 'tolerance', besides being logically fallacious.
During a panel discussion on Tuesday's NBC Today about hiring people to do Christmas chores like decorating the tree or buying gifts, the network's chief medical editor Nancy Snyderman suddenly broke into an anti-religious rant: "I don't like the religion part. I think religion is what mucks the whole thing up....I think that's what makes the holidays so stressful."

Read more: NBC Medical Editor Denounces 'Religion Part' of Christmas That 'Mucks the Whole Thing Up' | NewsBusters.org

Dr. Snyderman didn't use the word "hate".

I don't know... sometimes it doesn't seem to me like Christmas actually means anything anymore. I know it's supposed to be a Holy Day for Christians, but... I mean, look at it!

Other than churches celebrating the Nativity, how often can you go to a mall and see actual items related to Jesus, for example? You don't, not often. Most of the time, it's about "HEY BUY OUR PRODUCTS FOR CHRISTMAS".

Christmas used to mean something, and for many it still does... but the public at large? I think they lost the meaning somewhere.

We could call it "Generic Holiday to Steal Your Money", and it'd be the same thing.
Sad :(

Forum List

Back