What a freaking MORON// Lady on NBC says she hates the religious part of Christmas

Secular bullshit on national TV.. Free speech and all..

I love the lady who said "Jesus is the reason for the season." They call it Christmas for a reason.

Christmas was originally a Pagan holiday practiced hundreds of years before Christ was born.

And December 25th is definitely NOT the day Christ was born, either.

The fact remains that since the days of Constantine December 25th has been celebrated as a commemorative to the birth of Christ, and trying to undo 1600 years of history in the name of PC is stupid.

You don't like Christ? Fine, that's your right.

I don't like Christmas trees, because Biblically they are pagan symbols. I don't, however, go around insulting the 100's of millions of Christians that put them up every year.

Tolerance, you should try some...

LMFAO Non tolerent because I stated a FACT.

Christmas was originally a Pagan holiday practiced hundreds of years before Christ was born.

The fact remains that since the days of Constantine December 25th has been celebrated as a commemorative to the birth of Christ, and trying to undo 1600 years of history in the name of PC is stupid.

I don't like Christmas trees, because Biblically they are pagan symbols. I don't, however, go around insulting the 100's of millions of Christians that put them up every year.

No, the FACT is that Christmas takes place at the same time of year at which a pagan holiday was once, many centuries ago, also celebrated. What you stated was your OPINION that that made them the same holiday.

No, the FACT is that Christmas takes place at the same time of year at which a pagan holiday was once, many centuries ago, also celebrated. What you stated was your OPINION that that made them the same holiday.

Look it up,it is FACT not opinion.

medicare-keep-your-hands-off-my-medicare.jpg

People have the right to have stupid opinions. No big deal to me. I hope she comes to understand the reason we celebrate Christmas.

We celebrate Christmas as the day our Savior was born. We celebrate His Birth because it was His life that provides us the perfect example of how to live. He offered His life up as a sacrifice for sin. His Resurrection is what ensures all men immortality. God so loved the world that He sent His only Begotten Son to us that we could have Eternal life.

Because of Christ, we can change.

It couldn't have been called CHRISTMAS then....the name CHRISTmas?
It was just a pagan holiday, nothing to do with Jesus!

WTF.. Isnt that is what Christmas is about . Jesus is the reason. If you dont believe in that then DONT Celebrate it at ALL

NBC Medical Editor Denounces 'Religion Part' of Christmas That 'Mucks the Whole Thing Up' | NewsBusters.org

I hate the pagan part, having to drag a tree into and out of my home every fucking winter solstice.

Just get rid of it and let us focus on celerating Jesus' death by looking for chocolate eggs left in our yards by a giant bunny rabbit, praise babyjesus.

Look it up,it is FACT not opinion.

Sorry, Sparkles, but "I'm sure everyone agrees with me, so you just go find out whether they do or not while we operate on the assumption that I'm correct" will not work here. Thanks for not even trying to be original.

Meanwhile, the FACT, as I have stated before and which you would have understood in all those things you THOUGHT were telling you that Christians "borrowed a pagan holiday", is that Christians REPLACED a pagan holiday.

Sadly, I cannot advise you to go look up reading comprehension. I can only advise you to acquire some.

And before you bore me with another repetition of "No, I'm right. I'm just right. I'm right", let's just put an end to this now.

From History.com:

In the early years of Christianity, Easter was the main holiday; the birth of Jesus was not celebrated. In the fourth century, church officials decided to institute the birth of Jesus as a holiday. Unfortunately, the Bible does not mention date for his birth (a fact Puritans later pointed out in order to deny the legitimacy of the celebration). Although some evidence suggests that his birth may have occurred in the spring (why would shepherds be herding in the middle of winter?), Pope Julius I chose December 25. It is commonly believed that the church chose this date in an effort to adopt and absorb the traditions of the pagan Saturnalia festival. First called the Feast of the Nativity, the custom spread to Egypt by 432 and to England by the end of the sixth century. By the end of the eighth century, the celebration of Christmas had spread all the way to Scandinavia. Today, in the Greek and Russian orthodox churches, Christmas is celebrated 13 days after the 25th, which is also referred to as the Epiphany or Three Kings Day. This is the day it is believed that the three wise men finally found Jesus in the manger.

By holding Christmas at the same time as traditional winter solstice festivals, church leaders increased the chances that Christmas would be popularly embraced, but gave up the ability to dictate how it was celebrated. By the Middle Ages, Christianity had, for the most part, replaced pagan religion.

Once again, replacing something is not the same as BEING that thing. Duuuhhh.

She is the reason for Quanza or Kwanzaa or however the fuck you spell it.

Forum List

Back