what a dumb bitch

Ugh. At least the story has a bright spot.

EBay trader John Langley, who travelled to her house to buy the items, was so shocked to be offered the mementos that he tracked down the dead soldier's fiancee and gave her the medals for free.

"I'm on income support and hard up. I did what I thought was best," Elaine, a single mother with a 14-month-old boy named after Rob, was quoted as saying by the Daily Express.

Is it mean of me to ask why a single mom on income support is cruising?

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
The sister of a British soldier who was killed in Afghanistan sold his medals and uniform on eBay, so that she could buy clothes to enjoy her holiday on Mediterranean cruise.

Royal Marine Rob Deering, 33, was killed in Helmand province in Afghanistan in December 2008 when he stepped on a booby trap while trying to help injured comrades.

His 37-year-old sister - Elaine - inherited his four war medals, his uniform and an inscribed memorial shell casing. But a year later, she sold the entire lot on eBay for 1,100 pounds.

EBay trader John Langley, who travelled to her house to buy the items, was so shocked to be offered the mementos that he tracked down the dead soldier's fiancee and gave her the medals for free.

That stupid little selfish bitch. IF she needed the money, use it for food and clothes and rent for you and your child, not a cruise.

And to John Lanley, God Bless You for doing the right thing. :clap2:

And Rob Deering, RIP and thank you for your service to the Royal Marines!

The sister of a British soldier who was killed in Afghanistan sold his medals and uniform on eBay, so that she could buy clothes to enjoy her holiday on Mediterranean cruise.

Royal Marine Rob Deering, 33, was killed in Helmand province in Afghanistan in December 2008 when he stepped on a booby trap while trying to help injured comrades.

His 37-year-old sister - Elaine - inherited his four war medals, his uniform and an inscribed memorial shell casing. But a year later, she sold the entire lot on eBay for 1,100 pounds.

That stupid little selfish bitch. IF she needed the money, use it for food and clothes and rent for you and your child, not a cruise.

And to John Lanley, God Bless You for doing the right thing. :clap2:

And Rob Deering, RIP and thank you for your service to the Royal Marines!

yea the guy who gave the items away for free is a hero too. I can't believe how selfish the mom & sis are

Holy shit!

I cant believe she was so hard up that they would sell things like this to go on a cruise? I can see selling them if you are starving or going to be tossed out of your home...but to go on holiday? WTF?

The mother and sister dont deserve the medals.
The guy who bought the items and gave them to the woman who LOVED him, is great guy.

Did her brother enjoy travel or promise her a trip some day? Were the medals and other such things painful memories? It seems strange on the surface, but I certainly don't know the whole story.

This is the English mindset. They are owed an annual holiday...even the poorest of the poor go to Spain or Portugal in the summer on cheap flights...just the way they do things over there...

I have to admit that goes above and beyond stupid. The "dumb bitch" label is appropriate, but a better label would be "selfish dumb bitch".

I suppose there could be cultural differences, but it's hard to believe UK people don't honor their dead soldiers just as we do. No matter how you slice it, this woman and her mom both come off smelling like shit.

She knew what these keepsakes were worth to her.

Obviously not all that much.

Now before you all get all crazy about what a selfish bitch SHE WAS...consider this...

England sold that boy's life pretty cheaply, did it not?

All she sold were some worthless trinkets.

So who is really the SELFISH BITCH, now?

Ugh. At least the story has a bright spot.

"I'm on income support and hard up. I did what I thought was best," Elaine, a single mother with a 14-month-old boy named after Rob, was quoted as saying by the Daily Express.

Is it mean of me to ask why a single mom on income support is cruising?
It's a murkin thang.
Give a murkin a dollar and they'll piss it away on something unnecessary in one second flat.
What was her brother doing in Afghaniland ?:confused::confused::confused:
I hear it's not a great place to visit.

I suppose there could be cultural differences, but it's hard to believe UK people don't honor their dead soldiers just as we do. No matter how you slice it, this woman and her mom both come off smelling like shit.

Why don't you PM Colin and ask them how they honor the dead soldiers in England, I'm sure he'd be glad to share that information with you.

Maybe he'll also tell you about "Help for Heros" over there, which is a group he is very involved with. They help the wounded soldiers, many with missing limbs and such, get reajusted to the "real world" once they are back from war, among many other things.

And when Bootneck gets back from Afganistan, maybe he can answer some of y'alls questions on why a man or woman chooses to serve their country.

That site you gave is full of viruses and the like.

BTW , she knew her brother and you do not know her brother.

She may have been doing just what her brother would have wanted her to do.

Forum List

Back