What a difference two weeks make

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Fark. 'July 27: Tea Party leaders: "If default hurts the Tea Party, so be it." Tea Party today: It's all Obama's fault"

Jenny Beth Martin, a co-founder of the Tea Party Patriots (the grassrootsier wing of the movement) agreed that default -- and the requisite end in government payments for the programs that go with it -- could hurt the thousands of tea party voters she represents. But she said her members are willing to take the hit.

"If it injures the people that we represent, but it's benefiting the whole country, that's what we need to be concerned about," she said.

/snip

Martin said default could be good for the country in the long-run, and said she looks to her own painful financial history as an example.

"As somebody who has gone through bankruptcy, I don't want to see our country into trouble that my family went through." she said. "I understand that means that you've got to sit there and look at: 'What can you do different? Can we sell anything? How can we get out of this mess?' And that's what our government needs to be looking at."

Tea Party Leaders: If Default Hurts The Tea Party, So Be It | TPMDC

Obama got what he wanted: the unfettered ability to fill his spending crack pipe until the end of his one term and kick the tough choices on spending down the road

Fark. 'July 27: Tea Party leaders: "If default hurts the Tea Party, so be it." Tea Party today: It's all Obama's fault"

Jenny Beth Martin, a co-founder of the Tea Party Patriots (the grassrootsier wing of the movement) agreed that default -- and the requisite end in government payments for the programs that go with it -- could hurt the thousands of tea party voters she represents. But she said her members are willing to take the hit.

"If it injures the people that we represent, but it's benefiting the whole country, that's what we need to be concerned about," she said.

/snip

Martin said default could be good for the country in the long-run, and said she looks to her own painful financial history as an example.

"As somebody who has gone through bankruptcy, I don't want to see our country into trouble that my family went through." she said. "I understand that means that you've got to sit there and look at: 'What can you do different? Can we sell anything? How can we get out of this mess?' And that's what our government needs to be looking at."

What ever happened to the Tea Party value of personal responsibility?

/snip

There's a reason its referred to as "the t-party downgrade" ;)

Borg_aboard_Enterprise_(NX-01).jpg

The Tea Party caused the downgrade

/snip

Republicans backed down and democrats got what they wanted. This is the result. Obama threatened default when there never would have been one. This is the result. Can't expect Obama or democrats to take responsibility for anything though. They never do.

Forum List

Back