What a Deal- Iranian ship convoy moves toward Yemen, alarming US officials

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Hey Obama... Dust off that red marker and lay us out some lines will ya? :badgrin:

When you show weakness like Obama, America is destined to be a victim. As we see when Obama empowers the street thugs in the US, it just brings more violence to the innocent

-Geaux
---------------------

U.S. military officials are concerned that Iran's support for Houthi rebels in Yemen could spark a confrontation with Saudi Arabia and plunge the region into sectarian war.

Iran is sending an armada of seven to nine ships — some with weapons — toward Yemen in a potential attempt to resupply the Shia Houthi rebels, according to two U.S. defense officials.
Officials fear the move could lead to a showdown with the U.S. or other members of a Saudi-led coalition, which is enforcing a naval blockade of Yemen and is conducting its fourth week of airstrikes against the Houthis.

Iran sent a destroyer and another vessel to waters near Yemen last week but said it was part of a routine counter-piracy mission.

What's unusual about the new deployment, which set out this week, is that the Iranians are not trying to conceal it, officials said. Instead, they appear to be trying to "communicate it" to the U.S. and its allies in the Gulf.

Iranian ship convoy moves toward Yemen alarming US officials TheHill

We have a blockade of Yemen going on, right?

I wonder if Obozo will have the balls to tell our Navy to "communicate" with those Iranian ships?

I wonder if Obozo will have the balls to tell our Navy to "communicate" with those Iranian ships?

This is the prize Iran is giving Obama for such a nifty treaty

-Geaux

This is the prize Iran is giving Obama for such a nifty treaty

-Geaux
With the fact that Iran has held exercises showing how they can attack our ships, the Navy should give them another gift...

Call it a demonstration of their capabilities for self -defense.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that, no matter what "agreements" (verbal, written, both) we have with these people, they're going to continue to push and push and push until they have the size, power and influence they're after.

Iran already has a presence in Syria, Libya, Iraq, and a host of other countries. They are definitely making a start.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that, no matter what "agreements" (verbal, written, both) we have with these people, they're going to continue to push and push and push until they have the size, power and influence they're after.

Iran already has a presence in Syria, Libya, Iraq, and a host of other countries. They are definitely making a start.
Yup.

They should send us a big ol' Thank You Card for getting rid of their biggest enemy for them, at no charge.

Mac 1958

Agreed, but I don't think the intention in Iraq was to give it to Iran as a present.

Think Obozo offered it to them as a thank-you gift for that great deal?

Mac 1958

Agreed, but I don't think the intention in Iraq was to give it to Iran as a present.

Think Obozo offered it to them as a thank-you gift for that great deal?
You'd think the Bush administration would have seen that glaring fact before it acted.

Those of us who were screaming about it sure did get ignored.

Who knows what we've offered. Whatever it is will be a toy for them to play with.

Let me get this right.
America is moaning about a country supplying arms, but supplying arms whilst it moans.

Mmmmmmm

Mac1958

Yeah, I agree.

You would think the politicians would figure out that power vacuum thing usually doesn't work out too well.

Let me get this right.
America is moaning about a country supplying arms, but supplying arms whilst it moans.

Mmmmmmm
It's all a matter of perspective. It depends on who the arms are being supplied to...

Allies - Good
Enemies - Bad

Got it now?

Let me get this right.

Mmmmmmm
And breaking agreements when the US has broken agreements....
And supporting rebels that are trying to over throw a govt.. Yet the US does it on a regular basis....Or Iran getting a nuke and using it, when the US has many nukes and have used them....
It's that old adage of Do as I say, not as I do....

Allies - Good
Enemies - Bad

I get it.
If the US likes the killers, they're an ally.
If the US dislikes the killers, they're an enemy of world peace, a global threat, terrorists, and so on.

I can see you're still struggling with 'exceptionalism' and 'force for good'.

Not at all - I'm just trying to work out how the wars America started and many American terrorist attacks make that evil state a force for good.

Perhaps we could ask the good Christian folks you murdered in Ambon market how the US force for good helped them.

Oh, you can't, you murdered them in a CIA terrorist attack.

Forum List

Back