What a Bummer..

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
This country is bummed out, sad sack city... dang it.

I'm getting the feeling that most people feel an impeding dooooom..left & right

When do you think some solid, unmistakable good news, for most everyone, is going to show up?

I'm thinkin a good 4 years at least...

When do you think some solid, unmistakable good news, for most everyone, is going to show up?

Why all the doom and gloom? Buck up Lumpy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqo0f-q_hRw]Frank Sinatra - High Hopes - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqo0f-q_hRw]Frank Sinatra - High Hopes - YouTube[/ame]

Hey.. I'm willing ..granted, my house losing 70% of it's value sure sucked but I'm moving on, counting my blessings..

It's the general gloom and doom on the USMB and elsewhere that sometimes gets me down..

Hey.. I'm willing ..granted, my house losing 70% of it's value sure sucked but I'm moving on, counting my blessings..

It's the general gloom and doom on the USMB and elsewhere that sometimes gets me down..

I don't know the exact details of your situation but "bubbles" are not real set or gauranteed values. There is nothing chiseled in stone about how much real estate should increase in relative value to the rest of the pricing in the world. All bubbles burst. The gamers know close to WHEN to sell. If you planned to stay in your house and never sell it ..you were in error looking at it as an investment.

"Gloom and doom"???
I moved my family from the midwest to the south in 1973 because as a stock broker I read and was sucked in by
Harry Browne's (who lived in Zurich) 1970 book "How you can Profit From the Coming Devaluation".. who wrote the DJIA was going to collapse from 700 to 400!
And the only solution was to buy golden eagles!
And the only way in case of complete social/economic collapse to survive in the dead of winter where freezing to death during the would occur in the Midwest.. was move to Texas where at least my family wouldn't freeze in the middle of the day.. worst case!

Since then.. DJIA Feb 17,2012 close: 12,949.87

BOY WAS I WRONG!!

Last edited:

When the entire District of Criminals gets an enema courtesy of the voters.

Its a hard decision but likely a good one.

Dont give up on owning a home.

when we recover (we will recover) banks will gladly loan to you again.

There are so many people in your situtation who are still good cradit risks for a bank that they will lend to you.

Hang in there , this country is made of pretty tuff stock and we will be kicking ass again.

I feel for ya man.

"Gloom and doom"???
I moved my family from the midwest to the south in 1973 because as a stock broker I read and was sucked in by
Harry Browne's (who lived in Zurich) 1970 book "How you can Profit From the Coming Devaluation".. who wrote the DJIA was going to collapse from 700 to 400!
And the only solution was to buy golden eagles!
And the only way in case of complete social/economic collapse to survive in the dead of winter where freezing to death during the would occur in the Midwest.. was move to Texas where at least my family wouldn't freeze in the middle of the day.. worst case!

Since then.. DJIA Feb 17,2012 close: 12,949.87

BOY WAS I WRONG!!

Fear motivated you then.....and nearly 40 years later.....you are still afraid. How sad.

You are not in tune with reality. Optimism is on the rise. Unmistakable good news abounds.

I am thinnking more like another decade for things to stabilize and look much better.

People have been slow to realize that this is not a short term bounce back thing.
It is mostly an adjustment of US wages and lifestyle to global trade.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ]Always Look On The Bright Side of Life - YouTube[/ame]

I am thinnking more like another decade for things to stabilize and look much better.

People have been slow to realize that this is not a short term bounce back thing.

I think maybe another 40 no 50 nope 60 years we should just start to see that
Summer/Winter of recovery.

Then the Obama cult followers will say...
I told you so.

Sorry...I don't feel a bit optimistic yet! :eusa_pray:

I think maybe another 40 no 50 nope 60 years we should just start to see that
Summer/Winter of recovery.

Then the Obama cult followers will say...
I told you so.

Sorry...I don't feel a bit optimistic yet! :eusa_pray:

The world is never going to go back to go back to whatever part of the later half of the 20th century we long for. As long as we use any of that as a goal to decide we are recovered we will never get there. We became far too spoiled and comfortable and built too many fortresses on shifting sand. It's handy to just blame the guy who had the misfortune to be president when the 20th century chickens came home to roost but we all had a hand in it and are still trying to shirk our responsibility.

Frank Sinatra - High Hopes - YouTube

I don't know the exact details of your situation but "bubbles" are not real set or gauranteed values. There is nothing chiseled in stone about how much real estate should increase in relative value to the rest of the pricing in the world. All bubbles burst. The gamers know close to WHEN to sell. If you planned to stay in your house and never sell it ..you were in error looking at it as an investment.

Aside from the fact most folks consider their homes their nest egg for the future and that I never expected such a drop in value, I remain an optimist and continue looking on the bright side, it's my nature.

I have a roof over my head, food, a great and fulfilling family life and plenty of other blessings. This thread was more intended to spark a little hope and improved attitude around here rather than my challenges actually.

Okay fine... I didn't do that so well....:lol:

Aside from the fact most folks consider their homes their nest egg for the future and that I never expected such a drop in value, I remain an optimist and continue looking on the bright side, it's my nature.

I have a roof over my head, food, a great and fulfilling family life and plenty of other blessings. This thread was more intended to spark a little hope and improved attitude around here rather than my challenges actually.

Okay fine... I didn't do that so well....:lol:

With the bunch around these parts? Not so much...myself included Lumpster. ;)

Forum List

Back