What a Bitch: Sub Teacher Sends kids home crying...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by insein, Dec 23, 2005.

1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    http://www.ldnews.com/fastsearchresults/ci_3334327

This kind of shit pisses me off. This is the same kind of person that doesnt want religious views enforced upon her but has no qualms about ruining a 6 year old's views of Santa because "She doesnt think people should believe in Santa." Fuck You lady. Who the hell are you to ruin christmas for children? This woman has no business being a teacher.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Agreed. Nor a substitute teacher.

3. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +620
    Never met a music teacher yet that had their head screwed on straight.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

But this was a sub, no telling what kind of 'teacher' they were. I subbed for 2 years, 2x in lower grades, before telling district, "No more..." My hearing was the main cause, but those little kids need high energy, high moral people.

5. Nienna

Nienna Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    I totally agree with you end statement, Insein. A person in the capacity of a teacher has no business what is or is not appropriate to tell other people's kids. What a self-righteous grinch!

In our state, one only needs a Bachelor's Degree, in any field, plus a certification to be a substitute teacher. I plan to apply for this position when my baby starts school. But you can be sure I won't blow Santa's cover to any little kids! And, even though I firmly believe that Jesus is God, I would never try to undermine a parent's authority, be he Buddhist, Wiccan, whatever.

6. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I read this earlier. I could not believe that someone could be so mean. Who is she to decide what those kids believe or not? If it were my kid,I would be speaking to her personally. What an arrogant grinch!!!

7. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    She's "going to go to a very special layer of Hell reserved for child molesters and people who talk at the theater." (paraphrased from "Firefly")

Personally, though, I think the best damage control would be to show the kids the original "Miracle on 34th Street." You know, the good one...that's in black and white.

8. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112

That is one of the best Christmas shows. We will probably watch it tomorrow. It's on one of the cable movie channels we get free.

As far as that teacher.... :finger3:

I know,not very Christmasy,but she burns me up!!!

9. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    This is simply outrageous. No teacher, substitute or full-time, has the right to question how a parent raises their child when it comes to issues like this. For this woman to interject her personal feelings (i.e. not wanting to lie to children who are "impressionable") demonstrates that she is unable to refrain from keeping her own personal feelings out of matters where they are not needed, asked for, or supposed to be.

If she had a problem with the lesson plan she should have taken it to the Principal and stated her objections to it. The Principal could have come in and read it while she sat her bitchy, self-righteous ass in the teacher's lounge.

Instead, she decided to push her beliefs on child raising on a bunch of unsuspecting children. She should be put on the "DO NOT CALL" list of substitutes.

If these parents are smart, they will not frame this issue as, "She told my kid there was no Santa Claus and made him cry," but will rather approach it from the standpoint that this woman was playing Judge and Jury over their parenting...deciding that she didn't like what parenting choices they made and undermining them while the children were unsuspecting and susceptibly vunerable to her opinions...such indoctrination is offensive and should have no place in a public school.

This woman should receive a disciplinary letter in her file and should never be hired by that school or ANY school ever again. She can not follow directions, she does not apparently posess the critical thinking skills to not violate her beliefs while respecting others, and she feels that her beliefs supercede the beliefs of the parents of the students she is working with...it is completely unacceptable to have a person like this working in a public school with young people.

This woman can't be compared to the Grinch...he at least had a heart...it was just two sizes too small!!!!!!! This woman has no heart whatsoever.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    Why would a substitute in a music class feel the need to teach 6 year olds the facts behind the Santa myth? She must have been a history major with the heart of a machine.