Whack-Job Update

Houston, 2017
And you think that was something new? If we could only go back to the good old days when CO2 was at 350PPM and everyone was safe and there were no weather disasters anywhere...

You are an absolute joke rocks...an absolute joke.

hurricane_gilbert_shadow-1024x653.png

Image937_shadow-342x1024.png
Screen-Shot-2016-09-30-at-9.49.53-PM.png

Houston, 2017

Hadc no relation to global warming as has been shown to you many, many, many times. Your continued usage merely marks you out as a liar. Be we already knew that.

A warmer ocean and a warmer atmosphere evaporates more water into the atmosphere. A warmer arctic slows the movement of weather fronts, stalling them,. and keeping storms in the same place for days. 50 to 60 inches of rain in one storm. You are terminally stupid, Mr. Westwall.

A warmer ocean and a warmer atmosphere evaporates more water into the atmosphere. A warmer arctic slows the movement of weather fronts, stalling them,. and keeping storms in the same place for days. 50 to 60 inches of rain in one storm. You are terminally stupid, Mr. Westwall.

Problem is that more CO2 hasn't caused more moisture in the air...that fact has been known for quite some time...perhaps if you pulled your head out of your ass long enough to look at research based on actual observation and measurement rather than having model results plugged directly into your brain.

Waliser and his JPL colleague Bin Guan developed an algorithm to detect atmospheric rivers in historical data, so they could connect the sky flow to extreme events on land. And they found that, if you look at just the top 2 percent most extreme wind- and rain- and snow-storms in the world's midlatitude regions—atmospheric rivers are linked to up to half of them.

And of the 19 windstorms in Europe that cost insurance companies the most money—billions of dollars in damage—atmospheric rivers were behind three-quarters of those events. The study is in the journal Nature Geoscience. [Duane Waliser and Bin Guan, Extreme winds and precipitation during landfall of atmospheric rivers]

Looking ahead, as global temperatures rise, that warmer air holds more water vapor. "And so the tendency looks like, if the climate does warm, you would tend to have stronger or more frequent atmospheric rivers." And as this study shows: it won't just be that a hard rain's gonna fall. We'll be blowing in the wind, too.

—Christopher Intagliata

Biggest Rivers Are Overhead

The whack jobs here are the people so ignorant that they have never read of the atmospheric rivers.

Waliser and his JPL colleague Bin Guan developed an algorithm to detect atmospheric rivers in historical data, so they could connect the sky flow to extreme events on land. And they found that, if you look at just the top 2 percent most extreme wind- and rain- and snow-storms in the world's midlatitude regions—atmospheric rivers are linked to up to half of them.

And of the 19 windstorms in Europe that cost insurance companies the most money—billions of dollars in damage—atmospheric rivers were behind three-quarters of those events. The study is in the journal Nature Geoscience. [Duane Waliser and Bin Guan, Extreme winds and precipitation during landfall of atmospheric rivers]

Looking ahead, as global temperatures rise, that warmer air holds more water vapor. "And so the tendency looks like, if the climate does warm, you would tend to have stronger or more frequent atmospheric rivers." And as this study shows: it won't just be that a hard rain's gonna fall. We'll be blowing in the wind, too.

—Christopher Intagliata

The whack jobs here are the people so ignorant that they have never read of the atmospheric rivers.

And yet more models...guess that is necessary if realty won't cooperate with your beliefs. What a top shelf dupe you are.

Recent decline in the global land evapotranspiration trend due to limited moisture supply

Thanks rocks for capping off my day with a laugh...your belief in alford's "flying rivers" is just to precious for words...Before AGW, I would have thought that natural selection would have assured that the sort of idiot that could believe such tripe couldn't exist...turns out that there are plenty of you

For those climate change information seekers it is important to note that the alarmists automatically resort to head explosions anytime a weather anomaly arises. You will notice this in virtually every thread.

The problem with that is a quick review of the history on drought, flooding, forest fires etc tells you all you need to know. Of particular interest is a link that can be easily found on the chronology of extreme weather.... has been posted in this form many many times. It dates back to the late 1880s and clearly displays that extreme weather has been occurring forever.....DUH.

If you follow closely.... posts made in here by the handful of alarmist climate crusaders you find that invariably they tend to the hysterical. These poor people live life day-to-day looking into the sky to make sure a house isn't falling on their head.... it's a mental thing not unlike the k00k woman in the supermarket loading up three baskets of groceries when the weather forecast calls for 4 in of snow.

These people heard Al Gore talkin about flying rivers..... and to them these flying rivers are very real :2up:

Last edited:
The other thing I would point out is that climate alarmism is a highly fringe manner of thinking and has not at all been embraced by society.... and a big part of that and proven via many polls by the way, is that most people are way too busy in their lives to be bothered by trivial stuff like this.... particularly when they've gone through their lives and seen video of abillyon floods a billion hurricanes a billion forest fires....c'mon now most people weren't born this past Monday. The consensus science is on the very periphery of their daily cares....again.....duh.

Houston, 2017
Houston, 2017 rain rates less than Allison, 2001. Harvey just lasted longer. They also released water from dry reservoirs/dams, built in the 40’s to prevent flooding in downtown. They were outdated, and insufficient to handle flooding from upstream, since downstream had since been built up in these flood prone areas. They were actually starting construction to update them when Harvey hit, after they had flooding previously.

Houston, 2017
Houston, 2017 rain rates less than Allison, 2001. Harvey just lasted longer. They also released water from dry reservoirs/dams, built in the 40’s to prevent flooding in downtown. They were outdated, and insufficient to handle flooding from upstream, since downstream had since been built up in these flood prone areas. They were actually starting construction to update them when Harvey hit, after they had flooding previously.

Of course.... and unfortunately for the global warming climate Crusaders that's the way a huge majority of the population see these events. Too.... the climate alarmists literally go mental anytime of freak storm comes along.... as if weather started a few days ago

—Christopher Intagliata

And yet more models...guess that is necessary if realty won't cooperate with your beliefs. What a top shelf dupe you are.

Recent decline in the global land evapotranspiration trend due to limited moisture supply

Thanks rocks for capping off my day with a laugh...your belief in alford's "flying rivers" is just to precious for words...Before AGW, I would have thought that natural selection would have assured that the sort of idiot that could believe such tripe couldn't exist...turns out that there are plenty of you
SSoDDumb, you have done it again. Atmospheric rivers are formed over oceans, not over land. So you actively practice to be this stupid?

—Christopher Intagliata

SSoDDumb, you have done it again. Atmospheric rivers are formed over oceans, not over land. So you actively practice to be this stupid?

Flying rivers.....laughing in your stupid old gullible liberal face....what a putz...

Oceans has been warm enough for the entire Holocene to spawn Hurricanes, the Atmosphere warming actually throttles Hurricane development since the reduction of updraft speed would be the result. Temperature difference in vertical development is a factor in determining speed and size.

Hurricane Camille benefitted from a cooler Atmosphere to get those 200 MPH winds and massive size it attained.

From Paleoceanography

Reconstructing 7000 years of North Atlantic hurricane variability using deep-sea sediment cores from the western Great Bahama Bank

Michael R. Toomey,1,2 William B. Curry,1 Jeffrey P. Donnelly,1 and Peter J. van Hengstum1

Received 10 July 2012; revised 3 January 2013; accepted 8 January 2013; published 15 March 2013.
Excerpt:

"[1] Availableoverwashrecordsfromcoastalbarriersystemsdocumentsignificantvariability in North Atlantic hurricane activity during the late Holocene. The same climate forcings that may have controlled cyclone activity over this interval (e.g., the West African Monsoon, El Niño–Southern Oscillation (ENSO)) show abrupt changes around 6000 yrs B.P., but most coastal sedimentary records do not span this time period. Establishing longer records is essential for understanding mid-Holocene patterns of storminess and their climatic drivers, which will lead to better forecasting of how climate change over the next century may affect tropical cyclone frequency and intensity. Storms are thought to be an important mechanism for transporting coarse sediment from shallow carbonate platforms to the deep-sea, and bank-edge sediments may offer an unexplored archive of long-term hurricane activity. Here, we develop this new approach, reconstructing more than 7000 years of North Atlantic hurricane variability using coarse-grained deposits in sediment cores from the leeward margin of the Great Bahama Bank. High energy event layers within the resulting archive are (1) broadly correlated throughout an offbank transect of multi-cores, (2) closely matched with historic hurricane events, and (3) synchronous with previous intervals of heightened North Atlantic hurricane activity in overwash reconstructions from Puerto Rico and elsewhere in the Bahamas. Lower storm frequency prior to 4400 yrs B.P. in our records suggests that precession and increased NH summer insolation may have greatly limited hurricane potential intensity, outweighing weakened ENSO and a stronger West African Monsoon—factors thought to be favorable for hurricane development."

bolding mine

You should read the Conclusion section of the paper

From Marine Geology

2500-year paleotempestological record of intense storms for the northern Gulf of Mexico, United States

Excerpt:

"Abstract
The northern Gulf of Mexico has been devastated by recent intense storms. Camille (1969) and Katrina (2005) are two notable hurricanes that made landfall in nearly the same location in Mississippi. Fully understanding the risks and processes associated with hurricane impacts are impeded by a short and fragmented instrumental record, however. Paleotempestology has the potential to employ modern analogues from intense storms in this region to extend the hurricane record beyond pre-observational time. Existing empirically-based models can back-calculate surge heights over coastal systems as a function of transport distance, particle settling velocity, and gravitational acceleration. We collected sediment cores in a pond (3) and adjacent beach (1) in Hancock County, Mississippi. Grain-size, loss-on-ignition, and microfossil analyses were conducted on cores in the context of a Bayesian statistical age model using 137Cs and 14C dating. Using Hurricane Camille to calibrate the archive, similar coarse-grained deposits were identified, and inverse sediment transport models calculated paleosurge intensities similar in magnitude to Camille over the 2500-yr record. Our multi-millennial annual average landfall probability (0.48%) closely matches previously published studies from the Gulf of Mexico, indicating that intense hurricanes have not varied over these timescales. Over centennial timescales, active intervals occurred between 900 to 600 and 2200 to 1900 yr BP, with relative quiescence between 1900 to 900 yr BP. Comparisons with other published sites support the notion that southerly shifts in the Loop Current may be responsible for the decline in activity around 600 yr BP."

2500-year paleotempestological record of... (PDF Download Available). Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/320079131_2500-year_paleotempestological_record_of_intense_storms_for_the_northern_Gulf_of_Mexico_United_States [accessed Apr 03 2018].

bolding mine

Wow.... a quick gander of the posts on this thread reveals the alarmist contingent is getting its clocks cleaned.... multiple bumpy cucumbers delivered by the Skeptics.

Do you think these people realize how stupid they look on a public forum? I mean for people who are just curious and trying to get information on the debate. To even borderline intelligence people it's very obvious who's not winning.

Wow.... a quick gander of the posts on this thread reveals the alarmist contingent is getting its clocks cleaned.... multiple bumpy cucumbers delivered by the Skeptics.

Do you think these people realize how stupid they look on a public forum? I mean for people who are just curious and trying to get information on the debate. To even borderline intelligence people it's very obvious who's not winning.

They look stupid on a lot of forums I visit and comment in.

I help Moderate the world biggest science blog, where I see stupid people comment in it. I helped destroy a PHD holder in Math, because he was lying his ass off, he suddenly quit when I gave him the coup de grace comment that proved beyond doubt that he was a bald faced liar. Because of that take down, his credibility has been greatly reduced in the blog he still post in, but now a lot people see what a dishonest person he is.

I also help Moderate the largest Science blog in Australia too, where some of the very worst AGW morons post in, Gawad the low level of comments they post are unbelievable!

I used to run my climate forum that was founded in 2007, until it was suddenly taken away last year by the server host who was then recently bought out by a noted warmist organization. The server host LIED to my face that I have an account there, they say they have no record of me there. I have the e-mails with them and payments with them, but they lie anyway. I am a moderator at a small political forum, where there is a large climate section in it.

AGW believers are often ignorant, highly political and lacking critical thinking skills on reading the material. They are in love with fallacies and name calling, often quickly leave the topic for their favored fallacies such as consensus and other non debate comments. They rarely stay on the debate for long, since they quickly run out of their few pat comments they use over and over.

Forum List

Back