WH Speechwriter Fired For Appearing With White Supremacists

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Biff_Poindexter, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Biff_Poindexter

Biff_Poindexter VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,523
    Trump speechwriter fired amid scrutiny of appearance with white nationalists

So this past week, the White House had to fire one of its speech writers, Darren Beattie, when the liberal media discovered he appeared at an event alongside of white supremacists. What's the big deal here? This doesn't exactly make Beattie himself a white supremacists just because he attended an event with white supremacist speakers.

Peter Brimelow, founder of the anti-immigrant website Vdare.com, is a "white nationalist" and "regularly publishes works by white supremacists, anti-Semites, and others on the radical right," claims the terrorist group SPLC. Beattie himself is not overtly racist -- the fact he wrote his doctoral thesis on Martin Heidegger, who was a member of the Nazi Party in Germany doesn't make him a Nazi sympathizer. Beattie has called Heidegger's Nazi affiliation "highly troublesome" but maintained that his work is worthy of scholarly attention.

In this case, the white house may have panicked and moved to fire Beattie, instead of standing by him and pushing back against the racist media.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. JakeStarkey

JakeStarkey BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +51,074
    don't be sharing stage with ws trash, hmmm

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OldLady

OldLady Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,735
    Sounds to me like he's acting like one, though. Attending their events, defending a Nazi's views as deserving "schololarly attention." If Steven Miller isn't going anywhere, you KNOW this guy must be the real deal. js

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. S.J.

S.J. Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,669
    Well, at least he didn't stand outside a voting place with a night stick and yell racial slurs at people. :eusa_whistle:

• Winner Winner x 3
  5. protectionist

protectionist Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,799
    Do people who attend black nationalist events get fired ?

• Winner Winner x 4
  6. Biff_Poindexter

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,523
    I mean, who's to say attending a white supremacist event makes you a Nazi -- have you tried the fish? I hear its fantasitic[​IMG]

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  7. Biff_Poindexter

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,523
    Yea, those guys can kiss their chances of being WH speech writers good bye

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  8. toobfreak

toobfreak Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,138
    What I find interesting is the ease at which people lump others into categories without knowing anything about them.
    • For years, being a Globalist has been touted as a good, progressive thing, yet its opposite, being pro-your own country (a nationalist) is somehow bad? I should think that all healthy countries begin at home with taking care of themselves first. So let's start by dismissing the attempt to paint nationalism in and of itself as bad, hateful or racist.
    • You can be ANY color and be nationalistic or a supremacist, yet I only hear of WHITE nationalism and WHITE supremicism; the Black Panthers is an example of a group painted as being pro-Black and promoting black rights, yet they are every bit the Black Supremacist as any white group, yet we don't see them in the news. La Raza is another group of pro-Mexicans painted as promoting and protecting Mexican interests, yet by the same measure, they are Mexican Nationalists or Supremacists, yet no mention in the news. So people who constantly tout white this and white that are themselves shown up as being racist and merely anti-white as well.
    • No group alive today can be accurately touted as being "Nazis." Aryan skinheads may be white supremacists, but a true Nazi was much more. Quit using the world 'Nazi' when you obviously don't know what you are talking about.
    • I imagine any advocacy has a whole spectrum of attitudes, so while it is convenient to fear-monger and hate-monger any group as hateful and bad by lumping them under the umbrella of another convenient and self-serving label (Nazi, white supremacist, etc.), what I don't see here or anywhere are any examples of any ACTUAL IDEAS or PROMOTIONS from these groups! Don't you think you should at least know what a group believes, actually believes, before you exclude them as a "hate" organization? You might find some of their ideas make sense or are at least not all as crazy as you think. Growing up with an endless list of pro-black societies, pro-Italian societies, pro-German societies, et al., I find it strange that the only ones being attacked are those labeled as "white." Could it be that the REAL racism lies in all of the anti-white rhetoric? Especially when "white" isn't even a real race?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  9. JakeStarkey

JakeStarkey BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +51,074
    toobfreak, the issue of danger in America is our history of white supremacy.

Peoples of color have gotten the shaft for that for centuries.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. toobfreak

toobfreak Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,138

Irrelevant non sequitur bullshit. America was founded as a white nation by white people (northern Europeans) with a white majority. A racial majority does not equate to a racial supremacy. Being a minority means you are a minority but not necessarily that you have "gotten a shaft." Was "Affirmative Action" a "shaft?" The very fact that whites owned and controlled everything and fought to give that up and share/spread that as evenly as possible between all races and minorities is PROOF of that. Show me any other race which had controlling interest in their country and actively worked to give that up? Please list them here immediately.

• Winner Winner x 1