We've traded 'justice' for 'appeasement'

_dmp_

Oct 16, 2003
Justice - "To ensure each receives his/her due"
Appeasement - "To ensure each receives what he/she wants"

Striking. Obvious.

Today, due to Political Correctness and other causes, The American popular culture values the choices individuals make MORE than holding people accountable for those choices. If a priest molests a young boy, it's a tragedy - yet Militant homosexual groups are fighting for homosexual Preachers/Pastors; in SPITE of the Bible they are attempting to promote. The argument is "Well, just because somebody enjoys being Gay, doesn't mean they are a predator." Fine. But the argument which cannot be shot down is: "If the offender did NOT enjoy homosexual acts, the offense would not have happened."

Heterosexual rape happens too - But for that reason, we don't often put Men in charge of large groups of women (think prison guards, etc). We take reasonable steps to minimize such occurrences. Homosexuals preach "Fairness" - let's take 'reasonable steps' to prevent the 'wayward' Gay priest from deciding the Alter Boy isn't too yummy to resist.

Homosexual IS as a homosexual DOES.

It's more than the homosexual-rights debate. This shift from holding people accountable, to holding them in appeasement also is shown in conflict resolution. Backbone, if you will. As a culture, we are promoting Peace through weakness. We teach our kids that nothing is worth fighting for.

"If somebody hits you, TALK it OUT with them."

Fine. But if they hit you again, Take it out on their backside. We are raising a generation of pansies, frankly. Men and women who abhor conflict to such a degree they blur the lines of 'right' and 'wrong' - all for the sake of keeping the peace.

Peace. There's a funny word. Popular Culture has replaced its polytheistic temples and courtyards, and had created alters to "peace". As a culture we WORSHIP the word and the concept. Outwardly, what's not to like? Peace implies happiness. Peace implies Love.

I'd wager Happiness and Love cannot be found in a utopian environment absent of Conflict. Often times, conflicts serve a 'uniting' purpose otherwise unobtainable. This is shown best in the movie Rocky. Rocky and Apollo, duking it out. In the End, the mutual respect that builds lasts for FOUR MORE movies. There were only 5, right? Conflict is a tool by which true feelings can be displayed. Conflict forces one's hand. It provides a clean slate; an honest look at the opponent. It's hard to hold your cards close to the vest, when you are offering a right-hook. :)

As a culture, we would benefit from a shift BACK towards concepts such as 'absolute truths' and 'values' and 'overcoming adversity'. We'd see our kids develop self-esteem; 'stick-to-it-iveness'.

I doubt that shift will occur, frankly. Things will likely get worse, before they get better. It's MY job to ensure MY kids are part of the minority, however. It's MY job to teach my kids to stand up for Truth, despite what our Liberal Educators attempt to shove down their throats.

Source, so DK won't ask..hehe

Great post, dmp. I'm not sure the source is creditable though! (good one)

Kind of like when the black OJ jury set him free,
and ALL the blacks were cheering in the streets?

And the whites did not complain.

Originally posted by Big D
Kind of like when the black OJ jury set him free,
and ALL the blacks were cheering in the streets?

And the whites did not complain.

...and after Rodney King...riots...etc. It's like large, White groups only riot for two reasons:

If THEIR team won a Championship...
To protest the World Trade Organization.

White people are weird too.

Thank goodness I was raised right. I was quite the wus for a while, thanks to these pansies. However, one day when I got beat up at school, my dad told me that if I didn't hit the guy back, he'd spank me when I got home, so the next time the guy hit me, I beat the hell out of him and he never touched me again. Throughout school, I got into countless other fights, due to my small size, and I think I would have lost it if I'd stuck to the old pacifism I was taught in school. I even remember the propoganda crap they gave me in ISS that told me that if I fought people, I'd never get a job.

I can't remember who said it, but here's a quote as best as I can remember it: "Those who believe that nothing is worth fighting for are afforded the right to say so by better men than them."

dmp wrote: Today, due to Political Correctness and other causes, The American popular culture values the choices individuals make MORE than holding people accountable for those choices.
----
Huh? I think people should not choose not to steal, for example. I think if someone does steal, they should be held accountable. I think it is just as important that people don't steal, as it is important that people should be held resposible for stealing. The latter is intended to insure the former.

I don't see much of a difference here. I don't think you make a whole lot of sense. What are you rambling on about...militant homosexuals?

Funny how some people have to bring homsexuality into every discussion :rolleyes:

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
thats why we didn't put a whole lot of credibility into the source :p:

lol
I like how the link to the source leads right back to this thread.
I guess that was a joke or something.

Originally posted by nycflasher
dmp wrote: Today, due to Political Correctness and other causes, The American popular culture values the choices individuals make MORE than holding people accountable for those choices.

Huh? I think people should not choose not to steal, for example. I think if someone does steal, they should be held accountable. I think it is just as important that people don't steal, as it is important that people should be held resposible for stealing. The latter is intended to insure the former.

I don't see much of a difference here. I don't think you make a whole lot of sense. What are you rambling on about...militant homosexuals?

Funny how some people have to bring homsexuality into every discussion :rolleyes:

What are YOU talking about?

As if to a retarded child:

"Homos want the government to protect their sexual PREFERENCES - they want ALL the cock, but NONE of the 'bad things' that go with that - like being able to marry OTHER men, etc"

Get it? :)

Originally posted by dmp
What are YOU talking about?

As if to a retarded child:

"Homos want the government to protect their sexual PREFERENCES - they want ALL the cock, but NONE of the 'bad things' that go with that - like being able to marry OTHER men, etc"

Get it? :)

Woah. Man, you are one strange bird.
I don't even know what to say to that.
First, I think you could get put in jail for talking to a child like that you sick fuck:D
Second, again, what's your obsession with homosexuality? The title of this thread is sort of misleading.
Third, your little "as if to a retarded child" analogy/story is as weak as the rest of your arguments.

Golly...

Forum List

Back