We've come a long way

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
I'm watching a Happy Days episode where Stix is the first black who moved to Milwaukee. Richie Ralph and potsi are all ignorant bigots. They have to find a black girl for Stix, so I guess he isn't the first black cause they just found him a girl. But I notice a white girl wasnt even an option. Now that would have been more of an accurate progressive forward thinking thing to have done. Today I see lots of mixed couples. Not nearly as taboo as it was 50 years ago.

Oh no, now Marion is saying ignorant stuff. But all she said was she gives to the NAACP. I guess that wasn't so bad.

People aren't going to the party because a black guys going to be there.

The parents told all the kids not to go. I wonder how much this episode did to fight racism?

Fonzi was gonna go make everyone come to the party but Mr c said prejudice is stronger than cool.

Would Mr c let Jonie date a black guy.

I thought in the end some kids would show but they never did. Yes we've come a long way. Still a long way to go though.

I'm watching a Happy Days episode where Stix is the first black who moved to Milwaukee. Richie Ralph and potsi are all ignorant bigots. They have to find a black girl for Stix, so I guess he isn't the first black cause they just found him a girl. But I notice a white girl wasnt even an option. Now that would have been more of an accurate progressive forward thinking thing to have done. Today I see lots of mixed couples. Not nearly as taboo as it was 50 years ago.

Oh no, now Marion is saying ignorant stuff. But all she said was she gives to the NAACP. I guess that wasn't so bad.

Gee, a tv series taking place in the 50s, using the morals of the 50s...

go figure.

and yes, not much doubt it was written to show the difference between those days and these.

Wonder if that episode was before or after the one where Fonzi and Al went south, to eat in the "No Blacks Allowed" diner?

go figure.

and yes, not much doubt it was written to show the difference between those days and these.

Wonder if that episode was before or after the one where Fonzi and Al went south, to eat in the "No Blacks Allowed" diner?
They had an episode like that? Wow.

I didnt see a black person till I was five.

go figure.

" He volunteers to go south with Al and Freedom Riders to help integrate a segregated diner. Normally flirtatious with women, Fonzie is instead disgusted that the waitress does not serve black customers. At one point he tells her that he cannot date her because of her compliance with the diner policy"

Not sure which episode number, this is from Wiki

I didnt see a black person till I was five.
I grew up 6 mile in Detroit. By 4th grade there were only 3 of us whites in this middle school. Late 70s. Our mixed couple neighbors across the street didn't speak to their parents. I know another woman who's parents disowned her for marrying a black.

I witnessed it go from unheard of to acceptable in my lifetime. I'm sure a lot of people are still prejudice but at least it's become socially unacceptable.

Maybe in another 50 years we'll come even further.

go figure.

" He volunteers to go south with Al and Freedom Riders to help integrate a segregated diner. Normally flirtatious with women, Fonzie is instead disgusted that the waitress does not serve black customers. At one point he tells her that he cannot date her because of her compliance with the diner policy"

Not sure which episode number, this is from Wiki
I'm watching the episode Mr c thinks fonzi is trying to bang Mrs. C

Looked it up.

the Freedom Riders was season 9, episode 13

Title: Southern Crossing.

Good episode

It's all about context.

Forum List

Back