We've booked Ruby Starr for tomorrow

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
my heart is breaking

I'm going to beg you. Please keep me going tonight. this is going to be the longest night of my life.This will be like Bad Ass.

This will be a nightmare. Please keep me going.

yours,
td

Cancer twelve years.. Over a thousand at Christmas. Not that you needed to know, but that you would know we went the distance for her.

She's my girl. Oh my. My baby is going to die. What do I do? She's my girl.

Cancer twelve years.. Over a thousand at Christmas. Not that you needed to know, but that you would know we went the distance for her.

Warm thoughts going to you tinydancer.................................

Good luck. Hang in there. :thup:

Thank you Mr. H.. I think I just took her for her last walk. I've been watching Steel Magnolias for two days straight. A lot of vodka. If I screw up on my spelling bare with me.

It sucks having a vet who can only show up two days a week. Thank the good Lord Sum thin Special is open.

Yes the liquor store is really called that. And get this. I love it. It's our local florist too. Well within a 100 mile radius. Unless you can get to Steinbach.

Now here's what's funny. The brother is the local Funeral Home Director. It's a win win for her. Talk about a family business....

:lol:

If you're on with me tonight forgive anything I say ok?

Last edited:

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

I like your posts. You are very balanced. You always make sense. I'm a ramblin' fool. Every once in a while I hit the mark and make a case.

Now back to Ruby Starr. I started this kennel. Sandman's Catahoulas. I bought my guy, my stud, my love of my life double glassed eyed Jim Dandy to the Rescue. He passed a few years back. He's out of Camp A While.

I always bought my apples from the tree. Both my dogs are from Ponchatoula. Ruby Starr was his mate.

She's the girl I got laying on the couch tonight. She's the dog I got to put down tomorrow.

My heart's breaking.

Oh td . . . :sad:

I don't have any words.

{{hugs}}

:(

Thank you so much.

I think this is worse than losing them at the drop of a hat. Maybe not because I've had the chance to intensley love her. Is intensley a word even?

Please pardon me. I've hit the wall and drunk as a <fill in the blank I always thought skunks got a bad rap>.

Our four leggeds and our feathered have no political aisle. Our pets and great recipes are always something we can agree on.

If there's one thing anything can come together on is the smell of a puppy. It's the most wonderous smell in the word.

I'm typing this quietly or my cats won't ever talk to me again.:eusa_angel:

We buried her. My hearts broken.

She is no longer in pain and had a fantastic and wonderful life thanks to you and yours. I hate that they only come into our lives for too too short of a time . . . but wouldn't not have them for one minute, even knowing this.

Don't know the author of this . . . "Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love, they depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog; it merely expands the heart. If you have loved many dogs, your heart is very big."

I like your posts. You are very balanced. You always make sense. I'm a ramblin' fool. Every once in a while I hit the mark and make a case.

Now back to Ruby Starr. I started this kennel. Sandman's Catahoulas. I bought my guy, my stud, my love of my life double glassed eyed Jim Dandy to the Rescue. He passed a few years back. He's out of Camp A While.

I always bought my apples from the tree. Both my dogs are from Ponchatoula. Ruby Starr was his mate.

She's the girl I got laying on the couch tonight. She's the dog I got to put down tomorrow.

My heart's breaking.

again with clarity. are you talking about naming pet(s) after the late Ruby Starr who sang with Black Oak Arkansas???

and this Jim Dandy???
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqRR3qLNAYY]Black Oak Arkansas - Jim Dandy - VH1 - Live - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
i am so sorry....i am waiting for my vet to call...we found a growth on jakes gum....

your baby was well loved that is all we can do...we know when we get puppies it will come to this one day...

and no one cries alone here....

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

My heart's breaking.

again with clarity. are you talking about naming pet(s) after the late Ruby Starr who sang with Black Oak Arkansas???

and this Jim Dandy???
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqRR3qLNAYY]Black Oak Arkansas - Jim Dandy - VH1 - Live - YouTube[/ame]

There is only one one numero uno Ruby Starr. We got Jim Dandy first and my husband argued to the death that we had to name her Ruby Starr. She was my foundation bitch.

And he was right. You can't have a Jim Dandy without his Ruby Starr. My kids were mortified sp? Because it sounds like a hooker name. (we were in Toronto at the time).

Danielle was just jaked about it thinking she'd have to take Ruby out and have to do a recall.

Hell's bells, her breeder was jaw dropped tried to beg me out of that name but her husband and partner convinced her.

Because you can't have a Jim Dandy without a Ruby Starr.

I wish I could see the video you've linked for me. But I'm on a barbaric system where I swear to the heavens above if I could power it better I'd be on a fred flintstone bicycle right now.

Last time I tried was for a Zakk Wylde you tube moment and I swear it took three days to load.

Last edited:
i am so sorry....i am waiting for my vet to call...we found a growth on jakes gum....

your baby was well loved that is all we can do...we know when we get puppies it will come to this one day...

Thank you so much for your post.

I swear Strolling Bones, I don't know what's worse. They've all been my family. Always been a pack. First dog I ever had on my own was hit by a car. That was a shock right quick to the bone. The most beautiful and wonderous Alladin. Gorgeous beast. Afghan hound.

Or watching the others slowly die before my eyes. ****Just so other posters know not in pain. Not in pain. Just getting old and feeble ******* My foundation babies. Because death stares you in the face every day and for them you have to deal with it, till it's time.

I don't know how parents make it thru the death of a child. It must be the most horrid thing on earth.

Last edited:

Thank you so much for your post.

I swear Strolling Bones, I don't know what's worse. They've all been my family. Always been a pack. First dog I ever had on my own was hit by a car. That was a shock right quick to the bone. The most beautiful and wonderous Alladin. Gorgeous beast. Afghan hound.

Or watching the others slowly die before my eyes. ****Just so other posters know not in pain. Not in pain. Just getting old and feeble ******* My foundation babies. Because death stares you in the face every day and for them you have to deal with it, till it's time.

I don't know how parents make it thru the death of a child. It must be the most horrid thing on earth.

I've known a few dogs that were like family, and a couple cats. Another pup needs a home too. Your home sounds like a good place for a pup in need of a human.

too many homeless dogs to waste one minute of dog love....i know it sounds cold....but there is a wiggling puppy out there....just ready to be yours.....

and that is the biggest compliment you can give you past dogs...that you loved them so much....have so much love to give that you must give it to another as fast as you can....nothing heals a broken heart like the fray of a new puppy in the pack....sure they nervous pee...sure the older dogs get upset...sure its total chaos for a few weeks....but hell...we are dog owners....surely we must thrive on chaos....i mean come on......not walking in vomit in the dark...really you can miss that experience? after the vomit has become cold and gelled...and you step in it..and it squish up between your toes....have you forgotten those choice words we say...and how we swear this is the last bunch of dogs.....and we lie....cause a dog comes along needing us ....and we get suckered right back in...

Now so people know what namvet and I are talking about. I named my foundation dogs after these two.

Catahoulas are one crazy breed. So naming them after Black Oak made sense at the time.

Black Oak Arkansas was just one rocking mother band at the time. Jimmy was so amazing that Davey Lee Roth took his style and his persona.

Basically he stole it. Roth and his people stole it. Stole everything about Jim Dandy. Stole it and marketed it.

You could actually say Jim Dandy was the original David Lee Roth. And if any of you can see the old videos of Jim Dandy, you would agree.

Now back to dogs and rockers.

Here's Jim Dandy

l.jpg

And here is his sidekick. The most wonderful, the most beautiful Ruby Starr.

I loved her so much. She rocked. Man she rocked.

150px-Ruby_Starr.jpg

She had the best hair. I found out she used Aussie and switched. sp? first coffee.

Forgive me on spelling today please.

Forum List

Back