We've ALWAYS given free money to people; Why stop now?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Our nation has a long history of giving free shit to people, especially poor ones. Why stop now? Do you all note care about your fellow citizen?

OH WAIT...forgot one detail. Millions and billions of dollars a year worth of free shit has been gonig to other countries. Places that fucking hate us. Free food. Free medical care. Free money. Free schools built. Free training for their cops. Free security.

Free free free.

We somehow have a problem giving money to our own citizens. But GLADLY support spreading that shit to every shithole country on the planet for.....what reason again?

Bring the troops home.
Bring the money home.

Helping people in need is great. They are supposed to be doing their part to climb out of poverty and many just don't bother.

We need to do away with EBT cards because people are wasting money on things like gambling, tattoos, nail salons and cigarettes. I think we should give coupons that can be redeemed for nutritious food- no junk food. If they need help with rent or utilities, simply pay the bill directly. No more handing them money every month, which a lot of people spend on items that don't help their children in any way.

It's become a big scam and many just strive to see what they can get out of us. If they are really needy, they won't have any problem accepting coupons for food and having someone directly pay utilities or rent directly so they can keep a roof over their head. If people scream that it's unfair not to just hand them money, you know they are scammers.

Helping people in need is great. They are supposed to be doing their part to climb out of poverty and many just don't bother.

We need to do away with EBT cards because people are wasting money on things like gambling, tattoos, nail salons and cigarettes. I think we should give coupons that can be redeemed for nutritious food- no junk food. If they need help with rent or utilities, simply pay the bill directly. No more handing them money every month, which a lot of people spend on items that don't help their children in any way.

It's become a big scam and many just strive to see what they can get out of us. If they are really needy, they won't have any problem accepting coupons for food and having someone directly pay utilities or rent directly so they can keep a roof over their head. If people scream that it's unfair not to just hand them money, you know they are scammers.

Damn, you know, thats a pretty good idea. How about this (serious, not being sarcastic):

The government in each metro area (defined by the census) sets up a grocery store. An old vacant one somewhere. To shop in there, you must have an EBT card. Kinda like a ghetto Costco.

Well, how does the govt stock the store? Huge tax cuts for all food donated to the store by the private sector. Yep. The private sector already got paid by the govt for EBT purchases. Well...instead of the middle man, how about the govt just buy that stuff straight from the company at a discounted price, and, give a huge tax credit to any store that cooperates with the program.

Then, the EBT card holders come to the store, and can ONLY use the EBT card at the EBT store. Kinda like the PX at the military bases. See, the govt already has experience running a store!

So naturally, some may whine "Well what if I live in the country, away from the metro area's EBT store?"

My answer? If you cant find your own food, and cant find your own transportation, then you need more help than the govt can provide right now.

I think your food coupon idea was good. Now, we can just evolve it into EBT-only stores, and EBT cards only work there. Tax breaks for food companies. I think it could be a good plan.

Damn, you know, thats a pretty good idea. How about this (serious, not being sarcastic):

The government in each metro area (defined by the census) sets up a grocery store. An old vacant one somewhere. To shop in there, you must have an EBT card. Kinda like a ghetto Costco.

Well, how does the govt stock the store? Huge tax cuts for all food donated to the store by the private sector. Yep. The private sector already got paid by the govt for EBT purchases. Well...instead of the middle man, how about the govt just buy that stuff straight from the company at a discounted price, and, give a huge tax credit to any store that cooperates with the program.

Then, the EBT card holders come to the store, and can ONLY use the EBT card at the EBT store. Kinda like the PX at the military bases. See, the govt already has experience running a store!

So naturally, some may whine "Well what if I live in the country, away from the metro area's EBT store?"

My answer? If you cant find your own food, and cant find your own transportation, then you need more help than the govt can provide right now.

I think your food coupon idea was good. Now, we can just evolve it into EBT-only stores, and EBT cards only work there. Tax breaks for food companies. I think it could be a good plan.

instead of making it a physical proposition which can get unwieldy.....why not just code the EBT card to be able to only purchase approved items....?

instead of making it a physical proposition which can get unwieldy.....why not just code the EBT card to be able to only purchase approved items....?

I suppose that would work too. I have no clue how they code those cards, so if thats possible, then yeah, that should be getting done already!

I suppose that would work too. I have no clue how they code those cards, so if thats possible, then yeah, that should be getting done already!

Like WIC for maternal woman. Only certain stuff. I was behind a guy at the dollar store the other day. He bought wings, hot pockets, mountain dew and turtles.

Citizens of our country that need help should get it. They should regulate the hell out of it. I know this woman (damn I know alot of shitty people), that tried for 3 years with fake injurys to get put on disability. Finally got it. Lazy drug head bitch. obama pretty much putting th eowrk requirement on a standstill didnt help at ALL. Quit with all that foreign aid. Were going down the toilet but still are supporting god knows how many counries. FUCK THAT

Citizens of our country that need help should get it. They should regulate the hell out of it. I know this woman (damn I know alot of shitty people), that tried for 3 years with fake injurys to get put on disability. Finally got it. Lazy drug head bitch. obama pretty much putting th eowrk requirement on a standstill didnt help at ALL. Quit with all that foreign aid. Were going down the toilet but still are supporting god knows how many counries. FUCK THAT

Temporary, short term help.................

Temporary, short term help.................

There are people that need it long term. Vets, people that did their part that got permanately handicap etc. There are exceptions

Forum List

Back