Westworld, intriguing but ultimately boring

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
The plot line seems interesting but it is developing so slow that I don't know if it will keep my attention. The last episode was so slow I nearly fell asleep twice.

If you haven't heard of it it's a new series on HBO. It mixes sci fi & western into one.

The plot line seems interesting but it is developing so slow that I don't know if it will keep my attention. The last episode was so slow I nearly fell asleep twice.

If you haven't heard of it it's a new series on HBO. It mixes sci fi & western into one.

I haven't heard of this that you refer, but there was a film "Westworld" with Yul Brynner, Richard Benjamin and James Brolin made in 1973.

• Banned

I haven't heard of this that you refer, but there was a film "Westworld" with Yul Brynner, Richard Benjamin and James Brolin made in 1973.

Here's a trailer for it.

Westworld: Teaser Trailer (HBO) - YouTube

It is moving way too slowly. There is a lot that the audience is supposed to figure out.

Here's a trailer for it.

That seems to be based in some part on the film "Westworld", although perhaps more grisly, the only actor I recognise from that trailer is Anthony Hopkins, not sure who the other people are.

• Banned

Here's a trailer for it.

That seems to be based in some part on the film "Westworld", although perhaps more grisly, the only actor I recognise from that trailer is Anthony Hopkins, not sure who the other people are.

Ed Harris is in it as well

I have to say....the First episode was great.....the atmosphere of the Host, Guest relationship was engaging......and the set piece of the saloon robbery was really great.......annnnnnnnnd then....the 2nd episode.....and the whole thing has bogged down into incoherence.....

Also....you know the guests can't be hurt right now....so when Ed Harris squared off against 5 or 6 robots...there was no threat.....

If they don't get on track tonight, then I think I will just keep rewatching the robbery sequence from the first episode....

Another boring episode......but....they did finally get around to the HBO excessive sex activity.........

mr. boe and I finished the 4th episode last night.

We're loving it - one of the better series we've seen this year. (Other favs are Stranger Things and Orphan Black). For me GOT is also The Best, but mr. boe can't stand it.

If you think it's slow now, if it's a hit, they'll drag it out for 6 years or so, a la Lost or The Walking Dead, and you'll be screaming for them to wrap it up.
If it bombs, or starts well and then loses in the ratings, it'll just disappear halfway to nowhere, and you'll be screaming for some sort of resolution.

Having said that, I very much enjoyed the 1st episode but since I won't pay for HBO or any of those rip offs I get to wait a year or so to resume watching it.

I am enjoying the show and I loved the season finale. Shit just got real. lol

Forum List

Back