Westwood here

Welcome, westwood. I hope you enjoy your stay.

hi, I'm new too. Welcome.

have you found people to be respectful around these parts?
To those that deserve respect will go respect. To those that don't it won't.

I've been here a short while as well. Like most forums there's a diverse mix of people. I came here from a site where a total lack of respect is the norm.
From what I've seen the majority of the people here are fairly respectful.
You've been busy reading and judging respectfulness in thousands of posts if you have already determined that last claim.

Would I be correct in guessing you came here from ArgueWithEveryone.com?

I've been here a short while as well. Like most forums there's a diverse mix of people. I came here from a site where a total lack of respect is the norm.
You've been busy reading and judging respectfulness in thousands of posts if you have already determined that last claim.

Thousands? Not hardly, however from what I have read there seems to be a level of respect. I've read some threads where the participants obviously have a history. That's to be expected, the world would be a boring place if we all got along.
Maybe you should go buy a couple of lottery tickets because your guess was dead on.:eusa_whistle:

Thousands? Not hardly, however from what I have read there seems to be a level of respect. I've read some threads where the participants obviously have a history. That's to be expected, the world would be a boring place if we all got along.
Maybe you should go buy a couple of lottery tickets because your guess was dead on.:eusa_whistle:
There are 11,046 members here. You cannot have determined that the majority of them seem to be respectful without reading respectful posts by at least half plus one of them. Even then you would have determined only that each of the majority have contributed at least one respectful post, not that they are in general respectful. I can be respectful in one post and not so in another.

Therefore, to claim that "From what I've seen the majority of the people here are fairly respectful." would dictate that you have read well over a few posts. Furthermore, your definition of respectful has not been established.

There are no lottery tickets where I am now. There is a lot of reasons to leave soon, that being just one amongst them.

Be careful what you say. There is at least one member here that pays close attention to logic and the proper use of it. He can be respectful or not, depending on the topic, the relevant comments, the perceived level of intelligence of the target and the time of day. His name is .........

There are 11,046 members here. You cannot have determined that the majority of them seem to be respectful without reading respectful posts by at least half plus one of them. Even then you would have determined only that each of the majority have contributed at least one respectful post, not that they are in general respectful. I can be respectful in one post and not so in another.

Therefore, to claim that "From what I've seen the majority of the people here are fairly respectful." would dictate that you have read well over a few posts. Furthermore, your definition of respectful has not been established.

There are no lottery tickets where I am now. There is a lot of reasons to leave soon, that being just one amongst them.

Be careful what you say. There is at least one member here that pays close attention to logic and the proper use of it. He can be respectful or not, depending on the topic, the relevant comments, the perceived level of intelligence of the target and the time of day. His name is .........
I guess it's a matter of prospective. I said from what I've seen, which in no way implies I've seen or read it all. Perhaps I should clarify...those I have dealt with so far have been respectful.

I guess it's a matter of prospective. I said from what I've seen, which in no way implies I've seen or read it all. Perhaps I should clarify...those I have dealt with so far have been respectful.

Perspective and prospective have dissimilar meanings. Your last sentence is acceptable.

Have a great day.

Forum List

Back