John Gillespie Magee, Jr
Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of earth,
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds, --and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of --Wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air...
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue
I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where never lark or even eagle flew --
And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

As I gear up for the Reno Air races yet again, I reflected on how much I would rather be out flying than babysitting a bunch of progressive silly people. So, flying I will be doing, and whining you will be doing, but I won't be bothering to listen!:laugh:

So treat the rest of the staff well, and feel free to keep flaming me, as I will stop in from time to time, but y'all try and be civil to one another!:cheers2: because ultimately we are all Americans.

....but...who is going to be the kindergarten cop, dude?

screenshot_587.png

As I gear up for the Reno Air races yet again, I reflected on how much I would rather be out flying than babysitting a bunch of progressive silly people. So, flying I will be doing, and whining you will be doing, but I won't be bothering to listen!:laugh:

So treat the rest of the staff well, and feel free to keep flaming me, as I will stop in from time to time, but y'all try and be civil to one another!:cheers2: because ultimately we are all Americans.
Got a passenger seat? :D

As a matter of fact I do...but it is already filled!
What about the ejection seat?

Got a passenger seat? :D

As a matter of fact I do...but it is already filled!
What about the ejection seat?

:eusa_shhh:

....but...who is going to be the kindergarten cop, dude?

Don't know....don't care!

Good luck to you. Can you post a pic or name what model racer you have, or those in your categories, or is it completely custom? Wouldn't advise posting your actual plane here, for obvious reasons, especially being that close to California. Used to go to air races a lot when we lived out there, but haven't been to one in a couple of decades now.

Last edited:
High Flight
John Gillespie Magee, Jr
Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of earth,
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds, --and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of --Wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air...
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue
I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where never lark or even eagle flew --
And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.
Reminds me of when I was a kid and the local TV station signed off every night with High Flight

Good luck to you. Can you post a pic or name what model racer you have, or those in your categories, or is it completely custom? Wouldn't advise posting your actual plane here, for obvious reasons, especially being that close to California. Used to go to air races a lot when we lived out there, but haven't been to one in a couple of decades now.

I used to be crew for Rare Bear when Lyle owned her, now i free lance where I am needed.

Here she was in her heyday!

Last edited:

You da man!

Is it finally time to make mal a mod?

You da man!

Is it finally time to make mal a mod?

:haha:

"As I gear up for the Reno Air races yet again"

Here is our hero Westwall gearing up to get in his plane at the Reno Air races:

upload_2018-9-7_14-59-52.png

Getting in his plane:

upload_2018-9-7_15-0-14.png

As usual his excellent take off:

upload_2018-9-7_15-0-33.png

And here he is winning already:

upload_2018-9-7_15-0-48.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List