Westboro Baptist about to get their butts kicked

How on earth can they afford to travel around like this? Do the members fund these expeditions on their own?

And why is such lunacy seemingly concentrated in rural Kansas? Could they have a network of idiots around the country funneling cash to them?

There are always freaks with more cash than brains ready to give to people like this. Disgusting, but true. They also like to file lawsuits.

Publicity for these people is a double-edged sword. On one hand it gets them "results", which adds up to more donors from the freak fringe. We've got one or two of their supporters around here. Lunatic fringe, I know you're out there.....

On the other hand, without publicity it could be difficult for counterprotesters and municipalities to be warned ahead of time, unless every town and group has somebody watching WBC's website for announcements. Frankly, I wouldn't inflict that task on a dog. But without backup, the families would be left facing the hate alone and without a buffer.

Last edited:
You know, i think they are reprehensible people. But I am not really sure how wanting bad things to happen to them makes us much better than they are.

Maybe instead of being hostile to them, we kill them with kindness. Make them feel so guilty, they can't help but stop doing it.

But is violence and vandalism really the way we should go?

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
You know, i think they are reprehensible people. But I am not really sure how wanting bad things to happen to them makes us much better than they are.

Maybe instead of being hostile to them, we kill them with kindness. Make them feel so guilty, they can't help but stop doing it.

sure it is, waiting on them to burn in hell is not as fun and satisfying.
i think public humilation and such are very effective.
We should bring back the stocks on the courthouse lawns.

here is how they make money....as kat stated they are mostly lawyers...they go into these small towns with small police forces ..cause trouble....put the police force in the middle....if anything happens...they sue the town...the county and the police department for not protecting them. i would say most insurance just pays them some token amount to avoid court.

my feelings on the protest of military funerals: its their freedom of speech to do so..as long as they are on public property etc. as disgusting as it is...it is still their freedom of speech

on protesting a child's funeral: fuck em...its on like donkey kong.....let the crowds have at them...all it would take is a protest where they got the hell beat out of them...of course they would sue...but they are gonna provoke someone into real violence...its called consequences of ones actions

some fucking people just deserve to die....

which begs this question....why hasnt your god smited them....why hasnt any god or goddess smited these assholes???????

A despicable group they are, indeed. Acting with such hate and vengeance at a child's funeral goes way beyond the pale.

Can't remember the exact words but "Suffer not the little children to come unto Me, for of such is the Kingdom of Heaven." There's also "Vengeance is Mine saith the Lord."

Perhaps some smiting is in His plan ... sometimes He uses people to carry out those plans - He's known for working in mysterious ways.

Last edited:
how can any parent rejoice at the death of another's child (perhaps you fucking asshole on the rachael corrie thread should think about this)

how can you rejoice at the death of a wee one...an innocent

how can decent people stand by and watch this happen...we cant....if these people come anywhere near you....you must go and counter protest...it is our duty as decent people

yup

sighs. I really hate that violence fills our hearts so much.

avatar even your bible says there is a time...a time for love a time for hate...

i understand what you are saying....i too, dont care for violence as a method of dealing with problems (hopes avatar didnt see the hiding body thread) but these people are going too far....protesting at a child's funeral..

what is more innocent.....than a child..what is more tragic that the death of a child?

i am sorry...i advocate wooden baseball bats....that would be my weapon of choice...thankfully we have the guard...who have stepped up and somehow put logic and sanity before mayhem and violence....

do i expect these men to show the same restraint at the funeral of a child? or is that more than one can ask of a fellow human being?

I understand where you are coming from. I fully support first amendment rights. That being said, speaking freely comes with responsibility. Speaking freely comes with consequences. You have every right to call my wife a whore. You can scream it from the rooftops. But I promise you there will be a thumping on your ass when you climb back down the ladder. You most likely wouldn't call her that again.

These people are like our Islamic enemies......they believe they are doing God's bidding. Faith trumps reason.

Last edited:
I have to agree with Avatar on this one. I disagree with violence, although I can see where the idea is really, really tempting not to mention satisfying.

But seriously, violence would only play into their hands. Surely we can be more creative than that?

They came to Oklahoma to protest a military funeral and got their tires slashed. Then no one would fix their tires. :lol:

Members of Westboro Baptist Church find trouble in Oklahoma - KansasCity.com

Now in retaliation they say they are going to protest Oklahoma children's funerals.

Kan. Church Plans To Picket Child Funerals - Oklahoma City News Story - KOCO Oklahoma City

Bring it on assholes. The welcome wagon will be waiting for you.

Deep down, I am appauld that some people stooped to slashing thier tires and then not helping.

Deep, deep down.

They came to Oklahoma to protest a military funeral and got their tires slashed. Then no one would fix their tires. :lol:

Members of Westboro Baptist Church find trouble in Oklahoma - KansasCity.com

Now in retaliation they say they are going to protest Oklahoma children's funerals.

Kan. Church Plans To Picket Child Funerals - Oklahoma City News Story - KOCO Oklahoma City

Bring it on assholes. The welcome wagon will be waiting for you.

Deep down, I am appauld that some people stooped to slashing thier tires and then not helping.

Deep, deep down.

I don't have to feel that deep down. I am thrilled that they did so :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Forum List

Back