'West Point' Is the Enemy

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
So says he with the tingling legs:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTbJcixsLq8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

So Mr. Mathews is saying Obama's speech failure is the fault of his audience? Should have had it in Grant Park huh Mr. President?

West Point is the "Enemy Camp"?

Can someone please give Matthews a Sonny Corleone Garbage Can Lid Beating sometime?

Can someone please give Matthews a Sonny Corleone Garbage Can Lid Beating sometime?

In other words? Chris Matthews ADMITS Obama LOATHES the Military...and the Cadets were ONLY being polite by edict.

And also proves my assertion that Obama should have given this speech from the Oval Orafice, as any NORMAL POTUS would do...

But in typical Marxist Fashion? Bam-Bam, USED those Cadets as a BACKDROP to sell an Ill-Bill Of Lading that will catch up to him, and especially since he appeased his Leftist base by agreeing to only HALF to what his appointed Commander asked for to get ASTAN done...

Obama is a Self-Agrandizing ASSHOLE...Chris Matthews confirms it.

In other words? Chris Matthews ADMITS Obama LOATHES the Military...and the Cadets were ONLY being polite by edict.

And also proves my assertion that Obama should have given this speech from the Oval Orafice, as any NORMAL POTUS would do...

But in typical Marxist Fashion? Bam-Bam, USED those Cadets as a BACKDROP to sell an Ill-Bill Of Lading that will catch up to him, and especially since he appeased his Leftist base by agreeing to only HALF to what his appointed Commander asked for to get ASTAN done...

Actually, the cadets were having a very difficult time keeping their eyes open as was Hillary. It was their bed time. Yawnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Actually, the cadets were having a very difficult time keeping their eyes open as was Hillary. It was their bed time. Yawnnnnnnnnnnnn.

More fodder for the Cannon...

It's not the choice of words I'd use, but I interpreted it as a pundit putting it into the context of a broad political spectrum since the military tends to be more conservative, not literally that the military is the enemy. It isn't a great choice of words, given that Obama is the President of all Americans, not just non-conservative ones. However, it would be akin to Obama addressing "the enemy" at the Southern Baptist convention, or Bush at the annual NAACP gathering.

It's not the choice of words I'd use, but I interpreted it as a pundit putting it into the context of a broad political spectrum since the military tends to be more conservative, not literally that the military is the enemy. It isn't a great choice of words, given that Obama is the President of all Americans, not just non-conservative ones. However, it would be akin to Obama addressing "the enemy" at the Southern Baptist convention, or Bush at the annual NAACP gathering.

Umm, Obama is CIC, it's inherent in the role he chose.

And it really was just another Obama speech:

Charlie Foxtrot: Obama Afghanistan Speech Word Count

01 DECEMBER 2009
Obama Afghanistan Speech Word Count
President Obama's Afghanistan Speech Word Count: 'I' - 45, 'Afghanistan' - 39, 'Victory' - 0

Here is the word cloud for the speech:

(Wordle removes the most common english words, thus 'I' does not appear)

POSTED BY CHARLIE FOXTROT AT 8:44 PM

ObamaChrisMatthews.jpg

Matthews comment ranks up there with Limbaugh's "phony soldiers" comment. It's a tempest in a teapot and irrelevant as neither of them served.

It only makes sense for Obama to address the young officers that are going to make up a large part of the effort in Afghanistan. As the Commander In Chief, it is certainly his prerogative to do so, just as it was Bush's (and every other President's) prerogative to speak at service academy graduations.

I admire that Obama took his case to the Cadets. He certainly doesn't view the Hudson High as an "Enemy Camp".

Forum List

Back