Werewolves, Vampires, Zombies or Aliens?

• Banned
Read Wolf's Hour then. War story, with werewolf snatching Rommel's plans right out from under his nose and chasing baddy Nazi's all over creation. Trust me...when in human form, you did NOT want to piss him off enough to "turn". :lol:

• Banned
I have a copy here. I can loan it out but ya gotta promise to send it back. I never get any back and they are hard to find now.

If I had to rank them....

Aliens, Zombies, Vampires, werewolves.....

Aliens because well sci fi. Zombies cause hey anyone can beat them. Vampires are more fun then werewolves. Since Vampires usually are loners and werewolves run in packs.

I wanna think I have a chance. So the characters need a chance.

• Banned
The best part of Wolfs Hour for me whas the chapters telling HOW he became one. Fascinating reading. Fans have been bugging him to tell more in another book devoted to that and not just the few chapters he donated in telling us.

Ever read the book "The Wolveen?"

It's been so long that I am not sure about the spelling and cannot find it with Google, so I guess I probably have the title wrong.

The premise is that a subspecies of super-wolves has existed and preyed on mankind's throw away people since the rise of man.

Terrific book, terrible movie.

Ever read the book "The Wolveen?"

It's been so long that I am not sure about the spelling and cannot find it with Google, so I guess I probably have the title wrong.

The premise is that a subspecies of super-wolves has existed and preyed on mankind's throw away people since the rise of man.

Terrific book, terrible movie.

I think it was The Wolfen starring Albert Finney.

It's a tough call for me between aliens and vampires. There's so much variety in aliens, sometimes you get a great concept and sometimes a horrible one. I'm not a big fan of zombies, I find them too boring, and werewolves don't seem to be done as well as vampires generally. I loved Rice's Vampire Chronicles, I've read and enjoyed a number of Vampire: The Masquerade books, and there have been quite a few vampire movies I've thought were decent or good. I haven't read as many books specifically based on aliens; John Ringo's Posleen War books were good, and there's been decent Aliens books. As far as movies, the first two Alien movies are a couple of my favorites, and there's been lots of other alien based movies I've enjoyed.

If I absolutely had to choose, I'd probably go with vampires - aliens - werewolves - zombies.

Whats yer preference in books or movies?

Aliens.

nibbler.jpg

In books, vampires. Check out The Passage by Justin Cronin. Very good, new, modern spin on vampirism.

In movies and television, zombies or aliens, followed by werewolves.

And let's not forget robots...

Not a big fan of Aliens unless it's totally a "futuristic" universe (Star Wars, Star Trek, etc...).

Vampires, Werewolves, Zombies, Mages, Fairies, Ghosts, and any other paranormal/supernatural/occultish characters are among my personal favorites and always have been.

I like them all but if I had to choose it would be Aliens as number one.
I have been reading Sci Fi ever since I learned how to read and I still do.

Vampires because there is a bit more of a mine control and sexual element to them.

Forum List

Back