Were the Arabs Indigenous to Mandatory Palestine?

Quote:

A train of donkeys and Arabs crosses from Transjordan into Palestine on a bridge over the Jordan River, July 3, 1936. The assertion that Palestinian Arabs are the indigenous population is central in their dispute with Israel. But waves of immigration from other Arab countries brought many to the territory. In 1936, a French high commissioner for Syria asserted that Arabs were moving from Damascus to Palestine because of the prosperity there.

The assertion that Palestinian Arabs are the indigenous population is central in their dispute with Israel. The message is that Jews stole and now occupy the land of the indigenous Arab population. Rarely challenged, the claim is widespread, such as this statement from Henry Cattan, a Palestinian Christian jurist and writer born in Jerusalem:

The Palestinians are the original and continuous inhabitants of Palestine from time immemorial.[1]

Palestinian Authority (PA) president Mahmoud Abbas elaborated this claim in a recent speech:

Our narrative says that we were in this land since before Abraham. I am not saying it. The Bible says it. The Bible says, in these words, that the Palestinians existed before Abraham. So why don't you recognize my right?[2]

Saeb Erekat, the PA's chief negotiator, stated:

I am the son of Jericho. ... the proud son of the Netufians and the Canaanites. I've been there for 5,500 years before Joshua Bin Nun came and burned my hometown Jericho.[3]

To be sure, some Arabs are descendants of the indigenous occupants. But waves of immigration into the Holy Land brought Jews, Arabs, and others to the territories, to the point that most of today's Arabic-speakers do not trace their roots back for centuries.

There were no "Palestinians" living there when the land was turned over to Israel by the British.
Here were the real landowners:
71.2% of the land was owned by British
8.6% was owned by Jews
3.3% was owned by resident Arabs
16.9% was owned by non resident Arabs. < Jews bought that land at exorbitant prices.

When the Jews returned to the land, a few Arabs moved to Israel to live and work among the Jews. Egypt told them to get out, because Egypt was about to invade Israel. They did. Egypt lost, refused to allow the displaced to reside in Egypt, so they squatted on the outskirts of Israel. They did not qualify for aid because they had been there less that 24 months.
Those squatters are Egypt's problem, not Israels. Israel asked them not to leave.
They have since become a terrorist organization, that no one wants.

Quote:

A train of donkeys and Arabs crosses from Transjordan into Palestine on a bridge over the Jordan River, July 3, 1936. The assertion that Palestinian Arabs are the indigenous population is central in their dispute with Israel. But waves of immigration from other Arab countries brought many to the territory. In 1936, a French high commissioner for Syria asserted that Arabs were moving from Damascus to Palestine because of the prosperity there.

The assertion that Palestinian Arabs are the indigenous population is central in their dispute with Israel. The message is that Jews stole and now occupy the land of the indigenous Arab population. Rarely challenged, the claim is widespread, such as this statement from Henry Cattan, a Palestinian Christian jurist and writer born in Jerusalem:

The Palestinians are the original and continuous inhabitants of Palestine from time immemorial.[1]

Palestinian Authority (PA) president Mahmoud Abbas elaborated this claim in a recent speech:

Our narrative says that we were in this land since before Abraham. I am not saying it. The Bible says it. The Bible says, in these words, that the Palestinians existed before Abraham. So why don't you recognize my right?[2]

I am the son of Jericho. ... the proud son of the Netufians and the Canaanites. I've been there for 5,500 years before Joshua Bin Nun came and burned my hometown Jericho.[3]

To be sure, some Arabs are descendants of the indigenous occupants. But waves of immigration into the Holy Land brought Jews, Arabs, and others to the territories, to the point that most of today's Arabic-speakers do not trace their roots back for centuries.

There were no "Palestinians" living there when the land was turned over to Israel by the British.
8.6% was owned by Jews
16.9% was owned by non resident Arabs. < Jews bought that land at exorbitant prices.

When the Jews returned to the land, a few Arabs moved to Israel to live and work among the Jews. Egypt told them to get out, because Egypt was about to invade Israel. They did. Egypt lost, refused to allow the displaced to reside in Egypt, so they squatted on the outskirts of Israel. They did not qualify for aid because they had been there less that 24 months.
Those squatters are Egypt's problem, not Israels. Israel asked them not to leave.

The British owned the land, they didn't live there.

semites; nabateans, sassanids and cannanites but not "arab" tribes from the peninsula

Quote:

8.6% was owned by Jews

Quote:

8.6% was owned by Jews

You're just a troll.

semites; nabateans, sassanids and cannanites but not "arab" tribes from the peninsula
There are still some people in the area that speak a language other than Hebrew or Arab, but many have lost their original language and became Arab speakers. I would imagine even a part (a small part maybe) of the original Jewish population became Arab and converted to Islam.

There are still some people in the area that speak a language other than Hebrew or Arab, but many have lost their original language and became Arab speakers. I would imagine even a part (a small part maybe) of the original Jewish population became Arab and converted to Islam.

Much later. There was no compulsion to become muslim.

I didn't say there was, but there were probably some mixed families, or maybe people losing their Jewish identity due to isolation. There can be many reasons for such a phenomenon.

I didn't say there was, but there were probably some mixed families, or maybe people losing their Jewish identity due to isolation. There can be many reasons for such a phenomenon.

even in the most isolated parts of the world, jews still remember their identity, even the pashtun and lemba.

I now believe that Jews are from that region. The Khazar theory is not without truth but Jews did not originate in Khazar. They originated in the Levant region.Whether it's worth immigrating there today is another matter.

Of course Arabs that lived there before,belong there and they deserve dignity and respect. They deserve to have houses and water and probably a sea port because a lot of middle eastern countries have no industry or commerce. Like Iraq for instance. Surely they can do better.

The arab muslims that are tied to the land are the ones that live in Israel and are prepared to enlist in the IDF and defend their lands from arab muslim terrorists. They have houses and water, and a sea port that they call their own. It is the illegal arab muslim immigrants that dont belong there and should be evicted, those illegal aliens that fire illegal weapons at Israel hoping to kill an Israeli child in the process. How many islamonazi pom-pom waving morons seem to believe that this is valid and not against any laws. Even if these scum were given all that you demand they would still want more, and expect you to foot the bill for their failure to have a proper government

The idiot is constantly posting Zionist propaganda. He can't get it through his head that the Jews were in Europe and invaded Palestine which was inhabited almost exclusively by Christians and Muslims.

To wit:

"59. The conclusion is that Arab illegal immigration for the purposes of permanent settlement is insignificant."

A Survey of Palestine Vol 1, page 212, para. 59

A Survey of Palestine Volume 1 | Berman Jewish Policy Archive @ Stanford University

Conversely:

" It follows that the Jewish population may now include between 50,000 and 60,000 illegal immigrants who have settled in Palestine at any time since 1920 when the first Immigration Ordinance was enacted. The number of Jewish illegal immigrants recorded during 1945 is 370."

A Survey of Palestine Vol 1, page 210, para. 54

A Survey of Palestine Volume 1 | Berman Jewish Policy Archive @ Stanford University

And here is the proof that your link is nothing less than islamonazi propaganda and lies. How can the Jews be illegal immigrants when from 1850 they were invited to migrate and settle the lands by first the Ottomans and then the LoN. Internqational law says you are a complete idiot that does not know anything about the Jews and Israel

No need to convince anyone. Just presenting the facts, and backing them up with documentation from historical archives, when propagandists post propaganda.

The facts that fail to state that the Jews were invited to settle by the lands legal sovereign rulers in the 75 years preceeding your islamonazi propaganda claims

Hebrew has long been a forgotten language , only some rabbis spoke it, it was resurrected in 1900, Yiddish is what those who practiced Judaism spoke.

Quote:

8.6% was owned by Jews

Quote:

8.6% was owned by Jews

You're just a troll.

Just to show where you get your info from:

Being of Jewish ancestry and motivated by the power of Nazi Germany during the 1930s, Ziff became one of the most prominent American endorsers of Revisionist Zionism. During 1935, he was persuaded by devotees of the Revisionist Zionist spokesman Ze'ev Jabotinsky to accept the presidency of the Zionist-Revisionists of America organization although he resigned after one year, being uncomfortable with his role as a Jewish organizational official. Ziff remained active with Zionist politics and caused controversy whan he authored during 1938 a criticism of British policy in the Holy Land entitled The Rape of Palestine. The British Foreign Office declared the book "violent and offensive" and monitored Ziff thereafter.[3][4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Bernard_Ziff_Sr.

Hebrew has long been a forgotten language , only some rabbis spoke it, it was resurrected in 1900, Yiddish is what those who practiced Judaism spoke.

What a crock of shit, the Jews spoke Hebrew and the lingua franca of the place they lived. Only the hate sites peddle this crap because they know without it they dont have a case.

Hebrew was never forgotten. It never ceased to be spoken or understood. It just fell out of use as a day-to-day language. When the Jewish people finally came home and had the opportunity to determine their own future it once again became a living, day-to-day language.

Don't try to delegitimize the Jewish people with this nonsense.

Hebrew was never forgotten. It never ceased to be spoken or understood. It just fell out of use as a day-to-day language. When the Jewish people finally came home and had the opportunity to determine their own future it once again became a living, day-to-day language.

No its like French, if your going to be a country you need a language. Like Latin it became a church language.

No its like French, if your going to be a country you need a language. Like Latin it became a church language.

So when where the French taken half way across the world as slaves and their country taken over by illegal immigrants then. It has happened to a few nations in the M.E. and they spoke their language in private because the conquerors banned their own language

Forum List

Back