Were the Arabs Indigenous to Mandatory Palestine?

• Banned
Quote:

A train of donkeys and Arabs crosses from Transjordan into Palestine on a bridge over the Jordan River, July 3, 1936. The assertion that Palestinian Arabs are the indigenous population is central in their dispute with Israel. But waves of immigration from other Arab countries brought many to the territory. In 1936, a French high commissioner for Syria asserted that Arabs were moving from Damascus to Palestine because of the prosperity there.

The assertion that Palestinian Arabs are the indigenous population is central in their dispute with Israel. The message is that Jews stole and now occupy the land of the indigenous Arab population. Rarely challenged, the claim is widespread, such as this statement from Henry Cattan, a Palestinian Christian jurist and writer born in Jerusalem:

The Palestinians are the original and continuous inhabitants of Palestine from time immemorial.[1]

Palestinian Authority (PA) president Mahmoud Abbas elaborated this claim in a recent speech:

Our narrative says that we were in this land since before Abraham. I am not saying it. The Bible says it. The Bible says, in these words, that the Palestinians existed before Abraham. So why don't you recognize my right?[2]

Saeb Erekat, the PA's chief negotiator, stated:

I am the son of Jericho. ... the proud son of the Netufians and the Canaanites. I've been there for 5,500 years before Joshua Bin Nun came and burned my hometown Jericho.[3]

To be sure, some Arabs are descendants of the indigenous occupants. But waves of immigration into the Holy Land brought Jews, Arabs, and others to the territories, to the point that most of today's Arabic-speakers do not trace their roots back for centuries.

I now believe that Jews are from that region. The Khazar theory is not without truth but Jews did not originate in Khazar. They originated in the Levant region.Whether it's worth immigrating there today is another matter.

Of course Arabs that lived there before,belong there and they deserve dignity and respect. They deserve to have houses and water and probably a sea port because a lot of middle eastern countries have no industry or commerce. Like Iraq for instance. Surely they can do better.

The idiot is constantly posting Zionist propaganda. He can't get it through his head that the Jews were in Europe and invaded Palestine which was inhabited almost exclusively by Christians and Muslims.

To wit:

"59. The conclusion is that Arab illegal immigration for the purposes of permanent settlement is insignificant."

A Survey of Palestine Vol 1, page 212, para. 59

A Survey of Palestine Volume 1 | Berman Jewish Policy Archive @ Stanford University

Conversely:

" It follows that the Jewish population may now include between 50,000 and 60,000 illegal immigrants who have settled in Palestine at any time since 1920 when the first Immigration Ordinance was enacted. The number of Jewish illegal immigrants recorded during 1945 is 370."

A Survey of Palestine Vol 1, page 210, para. 54

A Survey of Palestine Volume 1 | Berman Jewish Policy Archive @ Stanford University

• Banned
The idiot is constantly posting Zionist propaganda. He can't get it through his head that the Jews were in Europe and invaded Palestine which was inhabited almost exclusively by Christians and Muslims.

To wit:

"59. The conclusion is that Arab illegal immigration for the purposes of permanent settlement is insignificant."

Conversely:

" It follows that the Jewish population may now include between 50,000 and 60,000 illegal immigrants who have settled in Palestine at any time since 1920 when the first Immigration Ordinance was enacted. The number of Jewish illegal immigrants recorded during 1945 is 370."

Didn't take you long. You must have a GPS tracker for this sort of thing.

Who do you hope to convince? Other than the 'usual suspects'?

No need to convince anyone. Just presenting the facts, and backing them up with documentation from historical archives, when propagandists post propaganda.

To wit:

Conversely:

To wit: your nonsensical "invasion" label is as pointless now as the other dozen times you have cut and pasted it.

The Arabs in Palestine | Jewish Virtual Library

Pre-State Israel:
The Arabs in Palestine

by Mitchel Bard

A Population Boom
As Hussein foresaw, the regeneration of Palestine, and the growth of itspopulation, came only after Jews returned in massive numbers. The Jewish population increased by 470,000 between World War I and World War II while the non-Jewish population rose by 588,000. In fact, the permanent Arab population increased 120 percent between 1922 and 1947.

This rapid growth was a result of several factors. One was immigration from neighboring states — constituting 37 percent of the total immigration to pre-state Israel — by Arabs who wanted to take advantage of the higher standard of living the Jews had made possible. The Arab population also grew because of the improved living conditions created by the Jews as they drained malarial swamps and brought improved sanitation and health care to the region. Thus, for example, the Muslim infant mortality rate fell from 201 per thousand in 1925 to 94 per thousand in 1945 and life expectancy rose from 37 years in 1926 to 49 in 1943.

The Arab population increased the most in cities with large Jewish populations that had created new economic opportunities. From 19221947, the non-Jewish population increased 290 percent in Haifa, 131 percent in Jerusalem and 158 percent in Jaffa. The growth in Arab towns was more modest: 42 percent in Nablus, 78 percent in Jenin and 37 percent in Bethlehem.

Quote:

A train of donkeys and Arabs crosses from Transjordan into Palestine on a bridge over the Jordan River, July 3, 1936. The assertion that Palestinian Arabs are the indigenous population is central in their dispute with Israel. But waves of immigration from other Arab countries brought many to the territory. In 1936, a French high commissioner for Syria asserted that Arabs were moving from Damascus to Palestine because of the prosperity there.

The assertion that Palestinian Arabs are the indigenous population is central in their dispute with Israel. The message is that Jews stole and now occupy the land of the indigenous Arab population. Rarely challenged, the claim is widespread, such as this statement from Henry Cattan, a Palestinian Christian jurist and writer born in Jerusalem:

The Palestinians are the original and continuous inhabitants of Palestine from time immemorial.[1]

Palestinian Authority (PA) president Mahmoud Abbas elaborated this claim in a recent speech:

Our narrative says that we were in this land since before Abraham. I am not saying it. The Bible says it. The Bible says, in these words, that the Palestinians existed before Abraham. So why don't you recognize my right?[2]

I am the son of Jericho. ... the proud son of the Netufians and the Canaanites. I've been there for 5,500 years before Joshua Bin Nun came and burned my hometown Jericho.[3]

To be sure, some Arabs are descendants of the indigenous occupants. But waves of immigration into the Holy Land brought Jews, Arabs, and others to the territories, to the point that most of today's Arabic-speakers do not trace their roots back for centuries.

The generations just started speaking Arabic, just like the Jews started speaking Aramaic and Greek. One thing is for sure, the Ukrainians, Russians, Germans, Polish, and Europeans who moved there and practice Judaism since 1850 and on are not from the original Canaanites or Hebrews, (same thing really )

Ahhh. Penelope!

Next one please.

Just as many Jews live in Alexandria as Judea in the first century, I suspect the Palestinians (Arabs ) are the workers of the land who stayed through thick and thin and adapted to whoever was in charge, be it the Muslims or Turks. We know Jews and Arabs same thing, as the Hebrews intermarried with everyone and made the Edomite's become Jews. Your argument is null and void.
Rome let the pheasants stay and anyone who was not a zealot.

Ahhh. Penelope!

Next one please.

Just as many Jews live in Alexandria as Judea in the first century, I suspect the Palestinians (Arabs ) are the workers of the land who stayed through thick and thin and adapted to whoever was in charge, be it the Muslims or Turks. We know Jews and Arabs same thing, as the Hebrews intermarried with everyone and made the Edomite's become Jews. Your argument is null and void.

Why do you bother?

Wasting your time. And mine.

Ahhh. Penelope!

Next one please.

Why do you bother?

Next, I'm just trying my best to educate you.

Ahhh. Penelope!

Next one please.

Why do you bother?

Next.

Yawn.

Ahhh. Penelope!

Next one please.

Wow. Isn't this a precious little take on the classic anti-semitic trope of Jews being wealthy bankers and Palestinians being poor, victimized, uneduated peasants. See, the Romans let all the (Arab) peasants stay and only kicked out the "zealots" (Jews). Thus the Arabs are the "real" owners of the land. FFS.

Quote:

There were no "Palestinians" living there when the land was turned over to Israel by the British.
Here were the real landowners:
71.2% of the land was owned by British
8.6% was owned by Jews
3.3% was owned by resident Arabs
16.9% was owned by non resident Arabs. < Jews bought that land at exorbitant prices.

When the Jews returned to the land, a few Arabs moved to Israel to live and work among the Jews. Egypt told them to get out, because Egypt was about to invade Israel. They did. Egypt lost, refused to allow the displaced to reside in Egypt, so they squatted on the outskirts of Israel. They did not qualify for aid because they had been there less that 24 months.
Those squatters are Egypt's problem, not Israels. Israel asked them not to leave.
They have since become a terrorist organization, that no one wants.

Ahhh. Penelope!

Next one please.

Wow. Isn't this a precious little take on the classic anti-semitic trope of Jews being wealthy bankers and Palestinians being poor, victimized, uneduated peasants. See, the Romans let all the (Arab) peasants stay and only kicked out the "zealots" (Jews). Thus the Arabs are the "real" owners of the land. FFS.

They were allowed to stay and work the land, under the authority of Rome.

Forum List

Back