Were religions the first propagators of Fake News?

Haven’t we already discussed the age of the earth?

Can you show me where the Bible says the earth is 6000 years old?

It doesn’t.

The Bible does tell an account that there was a beginning of existence and that what we see was created in steps and that we are creatures who come from dust. All amazingly accurate.

Well the Bible isn't everything.

How Old is the Earth According to the Bible and Science?

"The age of the earth has been a topic of debate among Christians over the last two centuries. Several Christian ministries promote the idea that the earth is less than 10,000 years old, which they say comes from the Bible. In reality, the Bible makes no claim as to the age of the earth, although it does establish a minimum age."

So, do you see? It's a FACT that various parts of Christianity spread FAKE NEWS. They'll even claim the Bible says so.

How Old Is the Earth?

"Adam was created on day 6, so there were five days before him. If we add up the dates from Adam to Abraham, we get about 2,000 years, using the Masoretic Hebrew text of Genesis 5 and 11.3 Whether Christian or secular, most scholars would agree that Abraham lived about 2,000 B.C. (4,000 years ago)."

They literally say that the Bible saying "the Earth is 6,000 years old" would be ridiculous, as 2,000 years later it wouldn't be 6,000 years old then, would it?

But then it does say a lot of things that aren't true. We could go through Genesis and see that.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

Clearly not true. And it's not even moral. It's basically convenient for humans in that they can say "God made up landlord of this planet", er... did he? No. There's not even any evidence there is a God.
Of course there is evidence of God. It’s all around and in you. You are just too blind to see it.

So you are going to point to some people’s interpretation that the Bible says the earth is 6000 years old?

What about the ones like me who say it doesn’t say the earth is 6000 years old?

No, there isn't.

What you're doing is starting with the concept that God exists and working from there.

Sorry, that's ridiculous.

It's like me saying that dragons exist, therefore dragons exist.

So, why is it that I'm supposedly blind and you're not. What is it that you see that PROVES that God exists?

Yes, I'm going to point to SOMEONE'S INTERPRETATION. Why?

Because you're coming here with YOUR INTERPRETATION and demanding that everyone agree with you. I'm saying I don't agree with you. And then you say "why would you believe someone's interpretation?"

And I'm pointing to their interpretation to PROVE that religion and lies go HAND IN HAND.

If you say "the Earth isn't 6,000 years old" and someone else says "the Earth is 6,000 years old" then one of the two people is clearly lying, aren't they?

Which means, in Trump's era, that one of the two is spreading FAKE NEWS, aren't they?

This is the point of the topic. The topic isn't about whether you believe this or that. It's about whether religions spread fake news, and they clearly do.

If I don't know something and I tell you that it's true, it's fake news. And this is almost all of religion.
Have you ever created anything?

In what sense?

Everything I might have created existed before it was created. The atoms weren't made by me. I didn't create those.

Then again I was created.

Are you saying God was created?
Yes, it did, in components.

In the sense that you created something new.

I am trying to use your experiences as a proxy.

So have you ever created anything? A turkey dinner? A cell phone? It could be anything.

I’m not avoiding the topic. I am proving that all of your beliefs are based on other people’s lies.

I just showed you an example of your ignorance.

You had no clue what the account of the Tower of Babel was about but you were sure it couldn’t be true. Looks like you were wrong about that.

Of course they're based on other people's lies. That's the whole point of this topic.

No, you haven't "showed... an example of [my] ignorance" at all.

What you've shown me is something that doesn't have much to do with this topic.

For two thousand years Christianity has grown and grown and grown. In the beginning they told people stuff. They wrote it in Latin, most people couldn't read for a start, and even if they could read that vast majority couldn't read Latin. Why? So they could essentially say whatever they like.

Blasphemy laws are a perfect example. They're laws that say "if you say something we don't like, we'll kill you so we can keep our lies".

That some people not see religion as merely telling moral stories, rather than the truth avoids the FACT that many people believe the Bible is true.

Do you understand that lots of people believe that the Bible is true or not?
You know what I think? I think you have an ax to grind. I think it is personal for you.

You know what I think? I think you've got about as far as your lies will take you and you're having to find a different tactic to "win".
I nailed it right? Be honest. Tell me your gripe with Christians. You are only as sick as your secrets.

I'm not playing these childish games. Sorry, go find someone who is willing.
But I believe you are playing games.

I’m not avoiding the topic. I am proving that all of your beliefs are based on other people’s lies.

I just showed you an example of your ignorance.

You had no clue what the account of the Tower of Babel was about but you were sure it couldn’t be true. Looks like you were wrong about that.

Of course they're based on other people's lies. That's the whole point of this topic.

For two thousand years Christianity has grown and grown and grown. In the beginning they told people stuff. They wrote it in Latin, most people couldn't read for a start, and even if they could read that vast majority couldn't read Latin. Why? So they could essentially say whatever they like.

Blasphemy laws are a perfect example. They're laws that say "if you say something we don't like, we'll kill you so we can keep our lies".

That some people not see religion as merely telling moral stories, rather than the truth avoids the FACT that many people believe the Bible is true.

No. Your beliefs are based on other people’s lies. You have never studied anything. You didn’t even test what you did read. You latched onto something that confirmed your bias and never looked back.

The Bible is true. It just takes a little work to discover it. You’ve never done that.

The Bible is true if you twist it so much it looks like something else.

Genesis 1:5 "And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day."

Let's see. We're 5 sentences into Genesis. Is this true? God called the light day? No, humans called the light day because it conforms without OUR VIEW OF THINGS. Day and night doesn't actually exist. It's a concept that only living beings on a planet would come up with. Were we floating free in space there wouldn't be any day and night. It's be all "day". It's be all light.

The sun doesn't go out at night. It's merely the Earth blocks this light.

"And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day."

Now, on this planet, we have lots of different time zones. Of course time zones are a man made thing. Not that old either, from the times of the trains in the US. Before that "noon" was when the sun was at its highest point.

So, the "evening and the morning were the second day" is done from the perspective of a human in one spot on Earth, and not from a human understanding that there are 24 hours all around the globe. Like a flat Earth kind of thing.

"And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so."

So, there was grass on the Earth after the 2nd day of the planet "existing"? Chances are the planet wasn't even inhabitable for millions of years while it was forming, and then when it settled down, there wasn't grass at first either.

"And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:"

As if God made seasons. The Earth has seasons because it's rotating badly, abnormally. Probably got hit by something, rather than "God made it".

"And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good."

Mammals have only been on the Earth for 200 million years. So, I doubt that Whales have been on the Earth for billions of years, wouldn't you say?

So, I've only got 21 sentences down through the Bible and I've found lie after lie after lie. Unless of course you can tell me they're true and prove they're true.

Or are we going back to "it's a moral story", and I'd say, how is saying you created Whales on the third day a "moral story"?
Why are you reading it literally?

Do you not understand that the account of Genesis was passed down verbally for like 2000 years before it was recorded in writing?

What you read with a critical eye, I read as it was intended. Which is an account of the early world history which begins with the creation of existence. In that regard it is amazingly accurate.

This isn't about ME. Did you not understand the first, second, third, or even fourth time?

This is about Christians (and other religions) spreading FAKE NEWS.

Why do you read what politicians say literally? When Trump says something, what he's saying doesn't often reflect the facts, but he's spreading a message. It's still him spreading FAKE NEWS with MADE UP "FACTS".

Yes, I understand what Genesis is. It's lies, it's fake news, it's false, it's made up. I get it all. But I've told you a hundred times that this topic isn't about that. It's about people SPREADING FAKE NEWS.

Do you, or do you not accept that people believe the Bible is true or not?
I just showed you how Genesis recorded the great migration from the cradle of civilization.

Was that a lie?

Were religions the first propagators of Fake News?

Fake News is considered to be lies or distortions of the truth. The first wholesale use of lies may have been religions.

Ancient temple inventions meant to fool people

What Do Con Artists and Religious Leaders Have in Common? With Maria Konnikova

Do you think religions were the first propagators of Fake News?

Do you think that the term fraud can be applied to most supernaturally based religions?

Regards
DL

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/image...de4181c6fe4ecfd166ce82cf2f48b6a1eddfea9d9.jpg

You have to be truly silly to believe that. Do you think there was never a Moses that led his people out of Egypt, that he's like the tooth fairy? Do you think Jesus never reappeared to his followers and 1st century martyrs went gladly to their death based on a work of fiction?

It is government that is the biggest purveyor of fiction. The tell you, "Don't believe those silly religious stories -- trust us"

Well the Bible isn't everything.

How Old is the Earth According to the Bible and Science?

"The age of the earth has been a topic of debate among Christians over the last two centuries. Several Christian ministries promote the idea that the earth is less than 10,000 years old, which they say comes from the Bible. In reality, the Bible makes no claim as to the age of the earth, although it does establish a minimum age."

So, do you see? It's a FACT that various parts of Christianity spread FAKE NEWS. They'll even claim the Bible says so.

How Old Is the Earth?

"Adam was created on day 6, so there were five days before him. If we add up the dates from Adam to Abraham, we get about 2,000 years, using the Masoretic Hebrew text of Genesis 5 and 11.3 Whether Christian or secular, most scholars would agree that Abraham lived about 2,000 B.C. (4,000 years ago)."

They literally say that the Bible saying "the Earth is 6,000 years old" would be ridiculous, as 2,000 years later it wouldn't be 6,000 years old then, would it?

But then it does say a lot of things that aren't true. We could go through Genesis and see that.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

Clearly not true. And it's not even moral. It's basically convenient for humans in that they can say "God made up landlord of this planet", er... did he? No. There's not even any evidence there is a God.
Of course there is evidence of God. It’s all around and in you. You are just too blind to see it.

So you are going to point to some people’s interpretation that the Bible says the earth is 6000 years old?

No, there isn't.

What you're doing is starting with the concept that God exists and working from there.

So, why is it that I'm supposedly blind and you're not. What is it that you see that PROVES that God exists?

Because you're coming here with YOUR INTERPRETATION and demanding that everyone agree with you. I'm saying I don't agree with you. And then you say "why would you believe someone's interpretation?"

And I'm pointing to their interpretation to PROVE that religion and lies go HAND IN HAND.

If you say "the Earth isn't 6,000 years old" and someone else says "the Earth is 6,000 years old" then one of the two people is clearly lying, aren't they?

Which means, in Trump's era, that one of the two is spreading FAKE NEWS, aren't they?

This is the point of the topic. The topic isn't about whether you believe this or that. It's about whether religions spread fake news, and they clearly do.

If I don't know something and I tell you that it's true, it's fake news. And this is almost all of religion.

In what sense?

Everything I might have created existed before it was created. The atoms weren't made by me. I didn't create those.

So have you ever created anything? A turkey dinner? A cell phone? It could be anything.

Created something new in the sense that I just manipulated things.

A turkey dinner? I'm a vegetarian. Not sure why I'd make a cell phone. But the reality is what you're doing is seeing things from the human perspective. We give labels to something, a change of labels means we created something.....

But we're talking about something like a God making things, this would be making things out of nothing, not making things out of things that already existed.

You know what I think? I think you have an ax to grind. I think it is personal for you.

You know what I think? I think you've got about as far as your lies will take you and you're having to find a different tactic to "win".
I nailed it right? Be honest. Tell me your gripe with Christians. You are only as sick as your secrets.

Good for you, I couldn't give a shit.

No. Your beliefs are based on other people’s lies. You have never studied anything. You didn’t even test what you did read. You latched onto something that confirmed your bias and never looked back.

The Bible is true. It just takes a little work to discover it. You’ve never done that.

Genesis 1:5 "And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day."

Let's see. We're 5 sentences into Genesis. Is this true? God called the light day? No, humans called the light day because it conforms without OUR VIEW OF THINGS. Day and night doesn't actually exist. It's a concept that only living beings on a planet would come up with. Were we floating free in space there wouldn't be any day and night. It's be all "day". It's be all light.

"And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day."

Now, on this planet, we have lots of different time zones. Of course time zones are a man made thing. Not that old either, from the times of the trains in the US. Before that "noon" was when the sun was at its highest point.

So, the "evening and the morning were the second day" is done from the perspective of a human in one spot on Earth, and not from a human understanding that there are 24 hours all around the globe. Like a flat Earth kind of thing.

"And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so."

So, there was grass on the Earth after the 2nd day of the planet "existing"? Chances are the planet wasn't even inhabitable for millions of years while it was forming, and then when it settled down, there wasn't grass at first either.

"And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:"

As if God made seasons. The Earth has seasons because it's rotating badly, abnormally. Probably got hit by something, rather than "God made it".

"And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good."

Mammals have only been on the Earth for 200 million years. So, I doubt that Whales have been on the Earth for billions of years, wouldn't you say?

So, I've only got 21 sentences down through the Bible and I've found lie after lie after lie. Unless of course you can tell me they're true and prove they're true.

Or are we going back to "it's a moral story", and I'd say, how is saying you created Whales on the third day a "moral story"?

Do you not understand that the account of Genesis was passed down verbally for like 2000 years before it was recorded in writing?

What you read with a critical eye, I read as it was intended. Which is an account of the early world history which begins with the creation of existence. In that regard it is amazingly accurate.

This isn't about ME. Did you not understand the first, second, third, or even fourth time?

Why do you read what politicians say literally? When Trump says something, what he's saying doesn't often reflect the facts, but he's spreading a message. It's still him spreading FAKE NEWS with MADE UP "FACTS".

Yes, I understand what Genesis is. It's lies, it's fake news, it's false, it's made up. I get it all. But I've told you a hundred times that this topic isn't about that. It's about people SPREADING FAKE NEWS.

I just showed you how Genesis recorded the great migration from the cradle of civilization.

Was that a lie?

What does this have to do with anything? I asked you a question that is RELEVANT to this topic and you don't bother answering it.

Great conversation, I'm off to wash my hair.

No, there isn't.

In what sense?

A turkey dinner? I'm a vegetarian. Not sure why I'd make a cell phone. But the reality is what you're doing is seeing things from the human perspective. We give labels to something, a change of labels means we created something.....

But we're talking about something like a God making things, this would be making things out of nothing, not making things out of things that already existed.
You are afraid of what you experiences you, so you dodge and play games. I get it.

Was that a lie?

What does this have to do with anything? I asked you a question that is RELEVANT to this topic and you don't bother answering it.

It has to do with your belief that religious texts are fake news. I am literally showing you an example of how your interpretations of someone else's text is wrong. The fake news is all on you. :lol:

Good for you, I couldn't give a shit.
You are playing games. I am trying to show you how your experiences in creating things can be used as a proxy, but you are afraid of going there. Everything you believe about religion is wrong; intentionally.

No, there isn't.

In what sense?

You are afraid of what you experiences you, so you dodge and play games. I get it.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Was that a lie?

It has to do with your belief that religious texts are fake news. I am literally showing you an example of how your interpretations of someone else's text is wrong. The fake news is all on you. :lol:

Wow, so there is no point in discussing things with you because you'll say anything regardless of what is put in front of you.

I do notice you couldn't answer most of the questions about whether the stuff in Genesis was real or not, though you basically did say that it was orally passed down for 2,000 years.

So, it's fake news, you just won't admit that. "The fake news is all on you. :lol:"

Well, this conversation is over because you can't be honest.

In what sense?

zzzzzzzzzzzzz
So if you created something, could I use it as evidence, even if I didn't know who created it?

Was that a lie?

Wow, so there is no point in discussing things with you because you'll say anything regardless of what is put in front of you.

I do notice you couldn't answer most of the questions about whether the stuff in Genesis was real or not, though you basically did say that it was orally passed down for 2,000 years.

So, it's fake news, you just won't admit that. "The fake news is all on you. :lol:"

We would have to spend a great bit of time on each and every one of your fake news straw man to properly address your errors.

Suffice it to say I am convinced you have never attempted an objective assessment.

You find and select the most unfavorable position you can regarding religion.

Was that a lie?

We would have to spend a great bit of time on each and every one of your fake news straw man to properly address your errors.

Suffice it to say I am convinced you have never attempted an objective assessment.

Pointless bullshit. Go away.

Was that a lie?

Seriously, can you even name a time when you saw anything religious in a favorable light?

Seriously, can you even name a time when you saw anything religious in a favorable light?

Okay, I get it. The ignore list is where you want to be. Right, bye forever.

So if you created something, could I use it as evidence, even if I didn't know who created it?

I bet you can't name one single time.

Forum List

Back