We're on the verge of a financial disaster of epic proportions w/the debt ceiling

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grampa Murked U, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,867
    You all have posted such things as the following:

Seniors will die
    Children will starve
    Declare martial law(in so many words)
    Our economy will collapse
    Other countries will downgrade us
    Our bonds will be worthless
    Ss checks will not be paid
    Medical services will be withheld

And I could go on and on. Needless to say since doomsday is only days away all of the powerful leaders MUST find a way to stop this calamity from destroying our way of life.

Yet "your fearless (clueless) leader" after proclaiming the end is near does what to stop this disaster?

Wait for it.....

Tells "someone else" to fix it and immediately hops on an "evil corporate jet" to head out for a big party and a weekend of golf and beer.

Had this been Bush..... Well we all know the result....

Nuff said

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. candycorn

candycorn Alis volat propriis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,058
    Yeah...Katrina.

Gee...it almost makes one think that we should put something in the Constitution to remedy this problem...we seem to have it every year or several times a year...

3. mudwhistle

mudwhistle Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,230
    Real "Cats and Dogs living together" type stuff.

It would be more believable if they hadn't said this about the debt-ceiling hitting a deadline a couple of months ago.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  4. Provocateur

Provocateur Avoiding Lib Circle Derps

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +283
    Or not.

5. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,867

Katrina as well as Rita and 9/11 and 2 wars all in 8 years any yet he still didn't spend anywhere near what Obama has. It's comical that the left wants to blame this debt ceiling issue on the right when it was their own short sitedness with no budgets and drunken spending that has driven us to this position. Obama has spent more than all the other presidents combined and he did it in 2 years. Yet its the rights fault.

Irony

6. candycorn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,058
    Yeah, your President has done all of that. I was commenting on impending disasters and the reactions of our leaders. Obama and our esteemed leaders in Congress are taking days off before this looming disaster; you're right. They did the same thing in August 05 while Katrina was coming; thats all I'm saying. The difference is, if I may, this IS a national holiday weekend.

I don't think they should take any more days off than we get; what is it 7 National Holidays a year and 2 weeks of vacation?

But please don't tell us that Bush would have not taken the days off. Please.

7. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,504
    So you work more hours than the prsident ?

8. cutter

cutter Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +304
    How many years can we continue to spend 2.4trillion with an income of 1.5trillion and not have a problem. Some say the answer is increasing the debt limit. Will that solve any problems? WE have a serious spending problem. We have to quit spending more that we take in and even less than we take in if we are ever to pay off our debt. We need to take seriously our cuts in spending. Why ANY foreign aid, we can't afford it any longer. Why be the police force for the world? We can't afford it any longer. Everyone is talking about dooms day if we don't raise the debt limit. I think it's dooms day if we raise the limit and spend it on things we can no longer afford. Worst case, we let the rest of the world starve. We can no longer be the sugar daddy to the world. In the long run maybe it won't be us that end up starving. Our leaders need to start putting us first and screw the rest of the world. How much would we need to borrow if we cut out all aid to foreign countries or the U.N. It's a start. Don't tell me we don't need to cut anything. That's why we are in the mess we are in.

9. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,504
    President Obama’s Vacation Days
    January 11, 2010
    Q: Has President Obama taken more vacation time than his predecessors?

A: According to one count, Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush spent more time on "vacation" during their first year than President Obama did. Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton spent less time on "vacation."

President Obama’s Vacation Days | FactCheck.org

10. candycorn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,058
    Doh...got me.

Do you happen to know how many hours in a year the Senate and House are in session?