We're on the verge of a financial disaster of epic proportions w/the debt ceiling

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
You all have posted such things as the following:

Seniors will die
Children will starve
Declare martial law(in so many words)
Our economy will collapse
Other countries will downgrade us
Our bonds will be worthless
Ss checks will not be paid
Medical services will be withheld

And I could go on and on. Needless to say since doomsday is only days away all of the powerful leaders MUST find a way to stop this calamity from destroying our way of life.

Yet "your fearless (clueless) leader" after proclaiming the end is near does what to stop this disaster?

Wait for it.....

Tells "someone else" to fix it and immediately hops on an "evil corporate jet" to head out for a big party and a weekend of golf and beer.

Had this been Bush..... Well we all know the result....

Nuff said

Seniors will die
Children will starve

And I could go on and on. Needless to say since doomsday is only days away all of the powerful leaders MUST find a way to stop this calamity from destroying our way of life.

Yet "your fearless (clueless) leader" after proclaiming the end is near does what to stop this disaster?

Wait for it.....

Tells "someone else" to fix it and immediately hops on an "evil corporate jet" to head out for a big party and a weekend of golf and beer.

Nuff said

Yeah...Katrina.

Gee...it almost makes one think that we should put something in the Constitution to remedy this problem...we seem to have it every year or several times a year...

Real "Cats and Dogs living together" type stuff.

It would be more believable if they hadn't said this about the debt-ceiling hitting a deadline a couple of months ago.

Last edited:
  • Banned

Seniors will die
Children will starve

Wait for it.....

Nuff said

Yeah...Katrina.

Gee...it almost makes one think that we should put something in the Constitution to remedy this problem...we seem to have it every year or several times a year...

Katrina as well as Rita and 9/11 and 2 wars all in 8 years any yet he still didn't spend anywhere near what Obama has. It's comical that the left wants to blame this debt ceiling issue on the right when it was their own short sitedness with no budgets and drunken spending that has driven us to this position. Obama has spent more than all the other presidents combined and he did it in 2 years. Yet its the rights fault.

Irony

Seniors will die
Children will starve

Wait for it.....

Nuff said

Yeah...Katrina.

Katrina as well as Rita and 9/11 and 2 wars all in 8 years any yet he still didn't spend anywhere near what Obama has. It's comical that the left wants to blame this debt ceiling issue on the right when it was their own short sitedness with no budgets and drunken spending that has driven us to this position. Obama has spent more than all the other presidents combined and he did it in 2 years. Yet its the rights fault.

Irony

Yeah, your President has done all of that. I was commenting on impending disasters and the reactions of our leaders. Obama and our esteemed leaders in Congress are taking days off before this looming disaster; you're right. They did the same thing in August 05 while Katrina was coming; thats all I'm saying. The difference is, if I may, this IS a national holiday weekend.

I don't think they should take any more days off than we get; what is it 7 National Holidays a year and 2 weeks of vacation?

But please don't tell us that Bush would have not taken the days off. Please.

Seniors will die
Children will starve

Wait for it.....

Nuff said

Yeah...Katrina.

How many years can we continue to spend 2.4trillion with an income of 1.5trillion and not have a problem. Some say the answer is increasing the debt limit. Will that solve any problems? WE have a serious spending problem. We have to quit spending more that we take in and even less than we take in if we are ever to pay off our debt. We need to take seriously our cuts in spending. Why ANY foreign aid, we can't afford it any longer. Why be the police force for the world? We can't afford it any longer. Everyone is talking about dooms day if we don't raise the debt limit. I think it's dooms day if we raise the limit and spend it on things we can no longer afford. Worst case, we let the rest of the world starve. We can no longer be the sugar daddy to the world. In the long run maybe it won't be us that end up starving. Our leaders need to start putting us first and screw the rest of the world. How much would we need to borrow if we cut out all aid to foreign countries or the U.N. It's a start. Don't tell me we don't need to cut anything. That's why we are in the mess we are in.

President Obama’s Vacation Days
January 11, 2010
Q: Has President Obama taken more vacation time than his predecessors?

A: According to one count, Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush spent more time on "vacation" during their first year than President Obama did. Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton spent less time on "vacation."

President Obama’s Vacation Days | FactCheck.org

January 11, 2010

A: According to one count, Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush spent more time on "vacation" during their first year than President Obama did. Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton spent less time on "vacation."

It's not the vacation that's the problem. It's the fact that he claims the sky is falling and then minutes later leaves for vacation.

I don't remember bush going on vacation right before or directly after a traumatic event. And even if he did pointing to others bad behavior does not excuse the current potus from it.

Seniors will die
Children will starve

Wait for it.....

Nuff said

Yeah...Katrina.

How many years can we continue to spend 2.4trillion with an income of 1.5trillion and not have a problem. Some say the answer is increasing the debt limit. Will that solve any problems? WE have a serious spending problem. We have to quit spending more that we take in and even less than we take in if we are ever to pay off our debt. We need to take seriously our cuts in spending. Why ANY foreign aid, we can't afford it any longer. Why be the police force for the world? We can't afford it any longer. Everyone is talking about dooms day if we don't raise the debt limit. I think it's dooms day if we raise the limit and spend it on things we can no longer afford. Worst case, we let the rest of the world starve. We can no longer be the sugar daddy to the world. In the long run maybe it won't be us that end up starving. Our leaders need to start putting us first and screw the rest of the world. How much would we need to borrow if we cut out all aid to foreign countries or the U.N. It's a start. Don't tell me we don't need to cut anything. That's why we are in the mess we are in.

Politics
Obama: 'Nothing Can Be Off-Limits' in Deficit-Reduction Debate

Published July 02, 2011
| FoxNews.com
Obama: 'Nothing Can Be Off-Limits' in Deficit-Reduction Debate - FoxNews.com

January 11, 2010

It's not the vacation that's the problem. It's the fact that he claims the sky is falling and then minutes later leaves for vacation.

I don't remember bush going on vacation right before or directly after a traumatic event. And even if he did pointing to others bad behavior does not excuse the current potus from it.

It is up to Congress to settle the matter.

January 11, 2010

Katrina didn't come out of nowhere....it was going to be traumatic to a lot of people on the Gulf Coast (likely not thought to be as traumatic as it ended up being). When he could have went to the RNC convention 3 years later, he realized he made a mistake and didn't go as memory serves.

He was clearing brush in Crawford.

Hey, I agree with you; Obama's policies costs a lot of money but it's being spent here for a change instead of in the Middle East. I would have liked to have seen more of a "swing for the fences" mentality or a modular roll-out instead of half-a-loaf that we have now. But yeah, it costs a lot of money.

It's unconscionable that they're on vacation during this upcoming calamity. But Bush would have done the same exact thing. History proves it.

Seniors will die
Children will starve

Wait for it.....

Nuff said

Yeah...Katrina.

I support the Presidential view that we need tax increases AND budget cuts.

The F22 and Virginia class would save us billions. Cutting foreign aid is a good idea; I think we should not have ambassadors to half the places we have them in fact. I support us leaving Iraq and Afghanistan. Theres little need to keep defending Japan, Korea, Germany, etc...

Domestically, we have to look at moving the retirement age higher to defer paying some of the benefits. On the income side, We have to look at short-term taxes that expire after 4, 8, 12, or 16 years to help pay off the debt.

Yeah...Katrina.

The F22 and Virginia class would save us billions. Cutting foreign aid is a good idea; I think we should not have ambassadors to half the places we have them in fact. I support us leaving Iraq and Afghanistan. Theres little need to keep defending Japan, Korea, Germany, etc...

Domestically, we have to look at moving the retirement age higher to defer paying some of the benefits. On the income side, We have to look at short-term taxes that expire after 4, 8, 12, or 16 years to help pay off the debt.

If you truly believe tax increases would help at this time, you have a static view of the economy, just like a lot of liberals seem to have. That we need spending cuts is obvious. It's where to make the cuts that the moochers and producers disagree. The bleeding heart liberals want to continue buying votes by giving taxpayer's money to all that might vote for them in the coming election.

A proven fact that our economy is dynamic rather than static is that reductions in tax RATES actually increase tax REVENUES (the pile of money we have to give away) because of increased dynamics (motion...activity...expansion) of the producers and investors operating under more favorable (to actually making a profit) conditions.

Increasing tax rates discourages sales, expansion, new hires, advertizing...everything that involves spending money (economic activity) at all levels. Jobs are lost because business drops. More people need financial help...and the liberal approach is to raise taxes.

Just how frickin' STUPID can people get?

Reduce the size of government. Fire about half of the government employees we now support. Let the private sector run ALL service departments associated with the government, with people's job security depending on the PERFORMANCE and not the fact that they are employed.

Abolish all public service UNIONS!

....ESPECIALLY the teacher's unions.

The military equipment should always be the best. What you static-minded liberals do not understand is that thousands of businesses are supported by the needs of production and the needs of the WORKERS EMPLOYED BY THE DEFENSE CONTRACTORS. Kill the F22...you kill a lot a jobs...and you diminish the quality of weapons that our military personnel have to defend us with. But then, you'd likely not really care if this country was taken over by a Marxist dictator...as long as you got a government job or a free ride.

If you truly believe tax increases would help at this time, you have a static view of the economy, just like a lot of liberals seem to have. That we need spending cuts is obvious. It's where to make the cuts that the moochers and producers disagree. The bleeding heart liberals want to continue buying votes by giving taxpayer's money to all that might vote for them in the coming election.

A proven fact that our economy is dynamic rather than static is that reductions in tax RATES actually increase tax REVENUES (the pile of money we have to give away) because of increased dynamics (motion...activity...expansion) of the producers and investors operating under more favorable (to actually making a profit) conditions.

Increasing tax rates discourages sales, expansion, new hires, advertizing...everything that involves spending money (economic activity) at all levels. Jobs are lost because business drops. More people need financial help...and the liberal approach is to raise taxes.

Just how frickin' STUPID can people get?

Reduce the size of government. Fire about half of the government employees we now support. Let the private sector run ALL service departments associated with the government, with people's job security depending on the PERFORMANCE and not the fact that they are employed.

Abolish all public service UNIONS!

....ESPECIALLY the teacher's unions.

The military equipment should always be the best. What you static-minded liberals do not understand is that thousands of businesses are supported by the needs of production and the needs of the WORKERS EMPLOYED BY THE DEFENSE CONTRACTORS. Kill the F22...you kill a lot a jobs...and you diminish the quality of weapons that our military personnel have to defend us with. But then, you'd likely not really care if this country was taken over by a Marxist dictator...as long as you got a government job or a free ride.

This, without the attacking of a poster, just the subject matter.

Forum List

Back