We're Moving To A New Server

Message board down time is serious business. Probably shortened a few posters a year or better for the ten minute glitch....
The down time was a short one. If they have to decompress files it could get nasty. Grace can tell you.
A whole years work can be lost in a keystroke!

I have no problem if they wipe out the whole thing and start over.

Near as I can tell you have a group claiming we need more modding and rules while we have an opposing group wanting no rules and very moderate mod action. Doesn't take a genius to tell we are going to lose a few one way or the other, but this genius just thought he'd remind you.
Given the fact mods are not enforcing current rules it's not hard to say they are enforcing any rules but their own.

Message board down time is serious business. Probably shortened a few posters a year or better for the ten minute glitch....
The down time was a short one. If they have to decompress files it could get nasty. Grace can tell you.

Well one site we belong to has done just that.

Given the fact mods are not enforcing current rules it's not hard to say they are enforcing any rules but their own.

Other than you I don't see too many saying the rules aren't enforced. The whines seem to be too strong on enforcement.

I consider posting fun and not work, so thinking of it as a loss does not make sense to me.

I consider posting fun and not work, so thinking of it as a loss does not make sense to me.
Well to me screens equal dollars. When mods kill threads they kill money. When they merge threads they kill money.

When it comes to migrating to a new server - our policy is no child left behind :p

"our policy is no child left behind :p"

Where is Timmy he is a 10 year old boy. Have you got Timmy? Also when you get him make sure there is room for him to bring his P[ lay Doh and sandpit :smoke:

timmylassy.jpg

Well to me screens equal dollars. When mods kill threads they kill money. When they merge threads they kill money.

Oh for gosh sakes, stop whining. Not all threads are worth preserving you know.

Is the server ghey or straight and what tip ratio will be expected?

You should know better than to ask a Jew about tips.

We're rather short on that subject.

Isn't that how copper wire was invented? Two Jews picked up a penny at the same time!

Lord, I apologize, and be with the starving pygmies in New Guinea.

You lose money and the money's not yours to lose now is it?

When we were down I contacted FF.

The site will be intermittently up and down in the next few hours.

"FF"............... :uhh:

Fred Flintstone? :dunno:

Francisco Franco?
Forum foundry moron. The site is bleeding money. And cuts need to be made. Cheaper production costs mean cheaper servers. Why do you think they are pan handling for money on the face page? The FZ was fixed and running better and the same old trash returned it to trash. Well that revenue loss needs to come from somewhere.

U mad Pinkles?

Look, the dood dropped an "FF" with no clue what he was talking about. I didn't know if he was dating Fanne Fox or if he gradutated from poutine to French Fries.

Go get a life.
Not mad, not at all. Just a realist. The site is falling about 400 a mouth lower then needed. How long they want to bleed I don't know. Ad revenue is based on use and traffic. Those are falling as well. The Jabber reports are terrible. The mod reviews are even worse.

You can't go by mod reviews so much - they are self selected and generally pissed off (read "how DARE you infract/ban/censor me) are the one's more likely to respond.

I do my job DF and it's a volunteer job. If they are losing money, I'm sure we'd be seeing changes from up on high, but we aren't so I'm thinking we aren't really losing money.

Isn't that how copper wire was invented? Two Jews picked up a penny at the same time!

I do miss the penny. :(

Still, if I had a nickel for every time I said "If I had a penny...". :cool:

Well go to it then. I don't understand why you come here just to complain about here :dunno:

Life is too short. If you don't like it where you are by all means find a spot that fits better. It's not rocket science ;)

I do my job DF and it's a volunteer job. If they are losing money, I'm sure we'd be seeing changes from up on high, but we aren't so I'm thinking we aren't really losing money.
How many months have we fallen short so far this year? Do you think the site pan handles for no reason?
Have you read the Jabber report? Have you seen the usage stats?

"Not all threads are worth preserving you know."

Except any and all threads where I post about Martini Cocktails :smoke:

They better be preserved or else :poke:

I do miss the penny. :(

Still, if I had a nickel for every time I said "If I had a penny...". :cool:

I always wondered when people say, "A penny for your thoughts..." then you give the your "two cents" worth, what happens to the other penny?

The server change IS a change from up high!

Forum List

Back