We're Moving To A New Server

When it comes to migrating to a new server - our policy is no child left behind :p

That's too bad since I know a child or two that should be left behind.
I understand his "parents are proud". Though he doesn't say of what.

Please make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in the upright and locked position

Fastening seat belts might help, but don't count on it. The reason they are provided is the EMS personnel are too lazy to look for the bodies.

Last edited:
When we were down I contacted FF.

The site will be intermittently up and down in the next few hours.

I was thinking WTF had happened, I thought oh no WTF not the North Koreans again :omg:

So it is a new server okay and okay.

Because when you're moving servers, the time to do it is prime evening on a weekend. There's a good plan.

Well it is 2.06AM with me, I am going to the bed soon this when Kid B and Kid C allow it lol.

Good luck...do you still have to drive B around to get her to sleep?

"FF"............... :uhh:

Fred Flintstone? :dunno:

Francisco Franco?
Forum foundry moron. The site is bleeding money. And cuts need to be made. Cheaper production costs mean cheaper servers. Why do you think they are pan handling for money on the face page? The FZ was fixed and running better and the same old trash returned it to trash. Well that revenue loss needs to come from somewhere.

When it comes to migrating to a new server - our policy is no child left behind :p

"our policy is no child left behind :p"

Where is Timmy he is a 10 year old boy. Have you got Timmy? Also when you get him make sure there is room for him to bring his Play Doh and sandpit :smoke:

Hope aboard - we always have room for one more!

hqdefault.jpg

:nono:

I'm wearing my "This Land Is My Land" T-Shirt at the moment.

I was thinking WTF had happened, I thought oh no WTF not the North Koreans again :omg:

So it is a new server okay and okay.

Because when you're moving servers, the time to do it is prime evening on a weekend. There's a good plan.

Well it is 2.06AM with me, I am going to the bed soon this when Kid B and Kid C allow it lol.

Good luck...do you still have to drive B around to get her to sleep?

Yes we do!

Francisco Franco?
Forum foundry moron. The site is bleeding money. And cuts need to be made. Cheaper production costs mean cheaper servers. Why do you think they are pan handling for money on the face page? The FZ was fixed and running better and the same old trash returned it to trash. Well that revenue loss needs to come from somewhere.

U mad Pinkles?

Look, the dood dropped an "FF" with no clue what he was talking about. I didn't know if he was dating Fanne Fox or if he gradutated from poutine to French Fries. I don't know what the fuck "forum foundry" is but if the site is bleeding money perhaps you could start by posting in normal font instead of that self-inflated bold shit.

Go get a life.

I have a few bucks, I can front the USMB a few bucks, I have already. This reminds me of a NPR
fund drive. Those so called "drive way" moments, accept we have feedback here, not so much on NPR.

Francisco Franco?

U mad Pinkles?

Look, the dood dropped an "FF" with no clue what he was talking about. I didn't know if he was dating Fanne Fox or if he gradutated from poutine to French Fries.

Go get a life.
Not mad, not at all. Just a realist. The site is falling about 400 a mouth lower then needed. How long they want to bleed I don't know. Ad revenue is based on use and traffic. Those are falling as well. The Jabber reports are terrible. The mod reviews are even worse.

Francisco Franco?

U mad Pinkles?

Look, the dood dropped an "FF" with no clue what he was talking about. I didn't know if he was dating Fanne Fox or if he gradutated from poutine to French Fries. I don't know what the fuck "forum foundry" is but if the site is bleeding money perhaps you could start by posting in normal font instead of that self-inflated bold shit.

Go get a life.
Not mad, not at all. Just a realist. The site is falling about 400 a mouth lower then needed. How long they want to bleed I don't know. Ad revenue is based on use and traffic. Those are falling as well. The Jabber reports are terrible. The mod reviews are even worse.

--- which is exactly why I noted that the evening of a weekend, peak traffic time, is a stupid time to be doing it. If you're milking ad banners, then you want maximum exposure on them, not minimum. Which is why the site traditionally does its daily maintenance around 4am ET.

Francisco Franco?

U mad Pinkles?

Go get a life.

--- which is exactly why I noted that the evening of a weekend, peak traffic time, is a stupid time to be doing it.
The move is timed with the billing cycle.

[/QUOTE]

U mad Pinkles?

Look, the dood dropped an "FF" with no clue what he was talking about. I didn't know if he was dating Fanne Fox or if he gradutated from poutine to French Fries.

Go get a life.[/QUOTE]
Not mad, not at all. Just a realist. The site is falling about 400 a mouth lower then needed. How long they want to bleed I don't know. Ad revenue is based on use and traffic. Those are falling as well. The Jabber reports are terrible. The mod reviews are even worse. [/QUOTE]

^^^^ If I just started random arguments with EVERYONE at this forum, that could bring more traffic to the forum, I could only do this for perhaps a two day situation after two days I will get bored arguing and then the forum will lose traffic again :eusa_doh:

It was down for ~ ten minutes and this is a better server, but town criers will cry.

That's what they do.

Oyez, Oyez, Oyez!

U mad Pinkles?

Go get a life.[/QUOTE]
Not mad, not at all. Just a realist. The site is falling about 400 a mouth lower then needed. How long they want to bleed I don't know. Ad revenue is based on use and traffic. Those are falling as well. The Jabber reports are terrible. The mod reviews are even worse. [/QUOTE]

^^^^ If I just started random arguments with EVERYONE at this forum, that could bring more traffic to the forum, I could only do this for perhaps a two day situation after two days I will get bored arguing and then the forum will lose traffic again :eusa_doh:[/QUOTE]

But the question is --- would it be worth "400 a mouth"? :eusa_think:
Many mouths to feed, only so much poutine....

Message board down time is serious business. Probably shortened a few posters a year or better for the ten minute glitch....

U mad Pinkles?

Go get a life.[/QUOTE]

^^^^ If I just started random arguments with EVERYONE at this forum, that could bring more traffic to the forum, I could only do this for perhaps a two day situation after two days I will get bored arguing and then the forum will lose traffic again :eusa_doh:[/QUOTE]
One only has to look to the FZ for failure! The 4f WAS an earner setting site records. When manifold and crew ran it into the ground again it became a bleeder. On the face page if you read money needed vs raised you can see how much we are LOSING every month. That amount is needed plus ad revenue!

A number of us have already signed on elsewhere. Some of us really are paid professionals! Hopefully Dan K can get CK back to fix the issues.

Near as I can tell you have a group claiming we need more modding and rules while we have an opposing group wanting no rules and very moderate mod action. Doesn't take a genius to tell we are going to lose a few one way or the other, but this genius just thought he'd remind you.

Forum List

Back