We're Losing to ISIS ----- No, We Aren't

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011
On Thursday, the Senate Armed Services Committee convened a hearingto evaluate and scrutinize the effectiveness of the Obama administration’s policies in the Middle East, especially in Iraq and Syria. General Jack Keane, who was the first witness to testify, argued that the fall of Ramadi signals—and indeed proves—that the Obama administration's current strategy in the region has failed.

“While there has been some progress and some success, looking at this strategy today, we know now that the conceptual plan is fundamentally flawed,” he stated. “The resources provided to support Iraq are far from adequate. The timing and urgency to provide arms, equipment, and training is insufficient. And as such we are not only failing, we are losing this war.”

“Moreover, I can say with certainty that this strategy will not defeat ISIS,” he added.

And yet, he also explained the importance of defeating ISIS in Syria, which is where the group is headquartered and carries out its operations.

“We have no strategy to defeat ISIS in Syria,” he intoned. “We have no ground force which is [how we defeat them].”

“Yes we have air power,” he added, “but air power will not defeat ISIS. It has not been able to deny ISIS freedom of maneuver or the ability to attack at will. Syria is ISIS’ sanctuary. We cannot succeed in Iraq if ISIS is allowed to maintain that sanctuary in Syria.”

Worse, Keane argued, ISIS is rapidly expanding their baleful influence into other regions of the world.

“ISIS is expanding beyond Iraq and Syria into Sinai, Yemen, Libya and Afghanistan,” he intoned. “They are also inspiring and motivating radical sympathizers throughout the world.”

“Yet there is no strategy with our allies to counter that expansion,” he continued. “I would go farther to say that there is no strategy to counter the destabilization of the Middle East.”

Washington (CNN)Assessing his war on ISIS after the group overtook the key Iraqi city of Ramadi, President Barack Obama said in an interview this week his strategy against the terrorists isn't failing.

"I don't think we're losing," Obama said in the Tuesday interview with The Atlantic magazine, which posted online Thursday.

Calling the fall of Ramadi, the capital of Anbar province, a "tactical setback," Obama pinned the blame on poorly trained and organized Iraqi Defense Forces.

"The training of Iraqi security forces, the fortifications, the command-and-control systems are not happening fast enough in Anbar, in the Sunni parts of the country," he told interviewer Jeffrey Goldberg.

As ISIS takes ground in Sunni-dominated Anbar, the administration has worked to bolster Iraqi security forces, including backing multi-sectarian forces termed "Popular Mobilization Units" that include Shia fighters. Administration officials insist those forces must remain under the control of the central Iraqi government, a proposition that in the past has proven difficult.

Obama said in his interview it was a "source of concern" that Sunni fighters haven't become more engaged in fighting ISIS.

"We're going to have to ramp up not just training, but also commitment, and we better get Sunni tribes more activated than they currently have been," he said.

The White House has previously been wary of empowering Shia militias in Iraq because of their backing by Iran. Regional allies like Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates are deeply concerned about what such a move -- combined with Obama's desire to strike a nuclear deal with Iran -- would mean for Tehran's sway in the region.

In the interview, Obama cast his push for a nuclear deal in personal terms, saying his own reputation was on the line.

Yet the GOP in Congress sets on it's hands and ignores the presidents request for more military power in the a fore mentioned areas...

Yet the GOP in Congress sets on it's hands and ignores the presidents request for more military power in the a fore mentioned areas...

Once again, a simpleton comment to a much more complex issue ... but, we've come to expect it.

Once again, a simpleton comment to a much more complex issue ... but, we've come to expect it.
I am sorry you can't comprehend the easy stuff, means the harder stuff is a waste of time..

Good shot --- when you can't handle the subject, resort to character assassination. Justify your position, cite your reference, or go away .... seems pretty simple to me.

I am sorry you can't comprehend the easy stuff, means the harder stuff is a waste of time..

Good shot --- when you can't handle the subject, resort to character assassination. Justify your position, cite your reference, or go away .... seems pretty simple to me.
So you are saying that you have no memory of the request put in almost a year ago, and last week Bone-her said that Oblama needed to rewrite it again???

So you are saying that you have no memory of the request put in almost a year ago, and last week Bone-her said that Oblama needed to rewrite it again???

You want the Congress to abdicate its responsibility, and give Obama a rubber stamp, is that right?

You want the Congress to abdicate its responsibility, and give Obama a rubber stamp, is that right?
He is the commander in chief...stop bitching or give him the power...

resized_heman-meme-generator-for-the-power-of-grayskull-i-have-interneeeet-b4a2d7.jpg

Heman.gif

resized_heman-meme-generator-for-the-power-of-grayskull-i-have-interneeeet-b4a2d7.jpg

Heman.gif

LOL --- I'm sure you said the same thing when Bush was in charge, right?

Heman.gif

After 9-11 I knew someone was gonna get it............I didn't agree with Iraq and I thought the Afghanistan started off too slow, but, I am not in control....I was in the military during Reagan, we set on our ass and bitched about the boredom...

Heman.gif

After 9-11 I knew someone was gonna get it............I didn't agree with Iraq and I thought the Afghanistan started off too slow, but, I am not in control....I was in the military during Reagan, we set on our ass and bitched about the boredom...

So, now you propose that we circumvent all the checks and balances in our system, and just give Obama a blank check to do whatever he wants ....

Just when I thought the Middle East couldn't get more fucked up along comes Obama and super fucks up with his backing of the bullshit Arab Spring.

Mother fucker takes out Mubarak and Gaddafi all to give power to the Muslim Brotherhood. Backs the Syrian MB and has the CIA assist in arming fucking maniac terrorists errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Syrian rebels to take out Assad..

AND GIVES THE WORLD ISIS.

At the end of the day, at least we can all be grateful that thousands of American soldiers aren't over there dying to pretend that there's hope for peace in the middle east.
No shit, nothing good has come from it as of late...

Well if the idiots that are running the show in the WH hadn't fucked with the semi stability in the ME we wouldn't be where we are now.

Take out Mubarak, take out Gaddafi, try to take out Assad you get ISIS.

What a freaking legacy this Nobel Peace Price winner is going to leave the planet. Have you seen the latest pictures of the mass beheadings?

How about the idiot GOP do something other than pass 50 to 100 useless bill against the ACA? How about they address the fact that it was their party that created this nightmare with the criminal invasion of a nation that did not have WMD's, nor was a threat to us.

Forum List

Back