We’re In Denial, America, About Our President

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Interesting read.
links in article

SNIP:
The greatest gift of my training in psychiatry has been the ability my mentors nurtured in me to really listen to what people say. This is harder than it sounds.

It took me years to overcome the natural tendency to gloss over the very important things people say—the ones that might trigger anxiety or sadness or anger if focused upon clearly or at length.

This avoidance of hearing messages that people convey is a very human reaction when what they are saying is almost too big to take to heart.

The same dynamic explains why people fail to recognize predators even in the face of much data that they are unsafe, why they fail to hear the desperation in the words of a loved one who later goes on to commit suicide, why they fail to internalize expressions of genuine (and boundless) love from another person and why they fail to follow-up with questions about true revelations another offers about his or her deepest feelings and most powerful experiences.

It is as if the mind and soul are fitted with shock absorbers triggered only by the biggest bumps in the road—a kind of onboard, on call denial—so that special focus is required to register them.
shortened per board rules, please review board copyright policy.*

read it all here.
FoxNews.com - We?re In Denial, America, About Our President

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting read.
links in article

SNIP:
The greatest gift of my training in psychiatry has been the ability my mentors nurtured in me to really listen to what people say. This is harder than it sounds.

It took me years to overcome the natural tendency to gloss over the very important things people say—the ones that might trigger anxiety or sadness or anger if focused upon clearly or at length.

This avoidance of hearing messages that people convey is a very human reaction when what they are saying is almost too big to take to heart.

The same dynamic explains why people fail to recognize predators even in the face of much data that they are unsafe, why they fail to hear the desperation in the words of a loved one who later goes on to commit suicide, why they fail to internalize expressions of genuine (and boundless) love from another person and why they fail to follow-up with questions about true revelations another offers about his or her deepest feelings and most powerful experiences.

It is as if the mind and soul are fitted with shock absorbers triggered only by the biggest bumps in the road—a kind of onboard, on call denial—so that special focus is required to register them.
shortened per TOS

read it all here.

Look maybe you've woken up after the last 20 months--but as a former supporter and donor to the Barack Obama campaign--in which I "flipped" and voted for McCain to keep Obama out of office--my decision came on a few words--that told me what this man's intent was on the destruction of this economy--and a system that has worked for centuries--and why this country is still considered the "land of opportunity." It was in the Joe the Plumber incident[-when I knew exactly who and what Barack Obama represented. At that time and after wasting 200.00 dollars of my own money--I knew then that "God help this country"--if this man gets elected.

And then I voted for McCain.

Last edited:
Interesting read.
links in article

SNIP:

shortened per TOS
read it all here.

I am sure that I wasn't the only one doing a godzillion of posts on this and other forums BEFORE and AFTER the Presidential Elections about the various indications, and FACTS how THE EXPOSED MONUMENTAL FRAUD MARXIST OBAMBO (and Michelle) revealed themselves as our SUPER NUMERO UNO ENEMY WITHIN........TO NO AVAIL !!!

It is still gratifying to see another, more incisive, and a more time seasoned book come out exposing this POLITICAL ABOMINATION, MARXIST OBAMBO to the American people, and the World in general.

Last edited:
The greatest gift of my training in psychiatry...

Thats where I stopped reading...I dont want to hear anyones opinion of what they believe someone else believes. Thats a dumb road to go down and smacks of arrogance.

I'm cool

Interesting read.
links in article

SNIP:

edited per TOS rules
read it all here.

Look maybe you've woken up after the last 20 months--but as a former supporter and donor to the Barack Obama campaign--in which I "flipped" and voted for McCain to keep Obama out of office--my decision came on a few words--that told me what this man's intent was on the destruction of this economy--and a system that has worked for centuries--and why this country is still considered the "land of opportunity." It was in the Joe the Plumber incident[-when I knew exactly who and what Barack Obama represented. At that time and after wasting 200.00 dollars of my own money--I knew then that "God help this country"--if this man gets elected.

Unfortunately, McCain turned out to be a MONUMENTAL WUSS in the way he ran his campaign against the OBVIOUS MARXIST, AND BLACK RACIST OBAMBO.

Sarah Palin had the correct ideas and tried to change McCain team's idiotic campaign strategy however Sarah was squelched and her ideas were decisively rejected.

McCain was and is a NATIONAL HERO.

Unfortunately, the historical bottom line on McCain is: he did more to DAMAGE America than to SAVE America. Another Presidential Candidate might have SAVED AMERICA from the MARXIST PSYCHO OBAMBO.....the UNEQUIVOCALLY WORST PRESIDENT AMERICA HAS HAD....OR HOPEFULLY WILL HAVE.

Interesting read.
links in article

SNIP:

EDITED per rules

read it all here.

We have a President? I thought the last election voted in a ree-tard who paid extra money for the position aka a leftwinger.

Interesting read.
links in article

SNIP:

edited short per rules
read it all here.

I am sure that I wasn't the only one doing a godzillion of posts on this and other forums BEFORE and AFTER the Presidential Elections about the various indications, and FACTS how THE EXPOSED MONUMENTAL FRAUD MARXIST OBAMBO (and Michelle) revealed themselves as our SUPER NUMERO UNO ENEMY WITHIN........TO NO AVAIL !!!

It is still gratifying to see another, more incisive, and a more time seasoned book come out exposing this POLITICAL ABOMINATION, MARXIST OBAMBO to the American people, and the World in general.

Caps_Lock359.jpg

We are in denial about ourselves. If we change what we are denial about, the nation will change on its own. But we need to take responsibility for our own lives and learn to govern ourselves without government assistance before we can truly have freedom.

We are in denial about ourselves. If we change what we are denial about, the nation will change on its own. But we need to take responsibility for our own lives and learn to govern ourselves without government assistance before we can truly have freedom.

All so true.

Except you were bashing Obama on USMB long before Joe the Plumber incident even happened. So that's a lie if I ever saw one.

Forum List

Back