We're gonna need a bigger mountain.

Boss

Take a Memo:
Apr 21, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Recently, in another forum on music, the question came up asking: If there were a Mt. Rushmore of Music, which singers faces would you put on it? I thought it was interesting because it specified singers and not artists or musicians. So I thought a while and composed my answer. I chose Elvis, Johnny Cash, Frank Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald. As stated, this was on merits of singing alone since that was specifically how the question was asked. My list would be different for artists or musicians of course.

Well, the responses kept rolling in. Elvis and Sinatra seemed to have the most consensus but many others were mentioned. There were probably 100 or more replies before some snowflake posted that our responses were a good example of "white privilege."

It's a shame that we can no longer have a lighthearted conversation like this without someone interjecting race and attempting to virtue signal. Is this what our society has now become? Does everything have to be sifted through the prism of race?

It occurred to me that any sort of monument to a group of individuals such as this is going to be quite impossible these days. Someone is going to get butt hurt because you didn't include this race or that gender. If we did Mt. Rushmore today, we'd need a bigger mountain. We couldn't ever do all presidents because they're all white men. In order to satisfy the virtue signalers we'd have to include a few black faces and a few women. We'd probably have to include at least one gay person and maybe even a tranny.

black people steal our culture

they steal everything

It's not really black people, it's guilty white liberal snowflakes who like to virtue signal. I guess it makes them feel better about themselves.

I wasn't thinking anything about race when I made my choices but I included Ella Fitzgerald so that's 25% of the faces on the mountain while blacks are 13% of the population. So much for my "white privilege." Of course, I didn't have any Latinos and they represent 17% of the population.

I just wonder why every fucking thing has to be a damn college diversity poster! Why can't we just recognize people for their talent instead of having to make sure we include this group or that? Dr. King said "judge people by the content of their character and not the color of their skin." But today, the virtue signalling guilty white liberals want us to focus on nothing but skin color.

black people steal our culture

they steal everything

It's not really black people, it's guilty white liberal snowflakes who like to virtue signal. I guess it makes them feel better about themselves.

I wasn't thinking anything about race when I made my choices but I included Ella Fitzgerald so that's 25% of the faces on the mountain while blacks are 13% of the population. So much for my "white privilege." Of course, I didn't have any Latinos and they represent 17% of the population.

I just wonder why every fucking thing has to be a damn college diversity poster! Why can't we just recognize people for their talent instead of having to make sure we include this group or that? Dr. King said "judge people by the content of their character and not the color of their skin." But today, the virtue signalling guilty white liberals want us to focus on nothing but skin color.

obviously you have not been paying attention around here.

certain"elements" here accuse white folks of copying them.

go over to "the root" you will see what I mean

Forum List

Back