Were Bill Maher's comments about Obama justified?

yea....Bill can say that.....and he isnt the first to say it....would a jerk like Obernuts say anything against Obama?....just wonderin....

gosh, wally, how many republican talking heads do you think I can drum up in retort who would have rather died than criticized Bush? That Bill Mahar is saying what we all know not a single fox "news" personality was willing to say speaks VOLUMES about your laughable outrage.

Shoggy....its me Harry not Wally.....:razz:

Why does Maher always crack weed jokes like some 5th grade nerd?

If you doing weed, just do it and shut the hell up about it.

Maher is always giggling about his bong, his black dealer, all the smoke at his house...it is so lame.

Just smoke up and shut up.

He tries so hard to be hip when his whole persona screams little momma's boy nerd...

Maher is always giggling about his bong, his black dealer, all the smoke at his house...it is so lame.

He tries so hard to be hip when his whole persona screams little momma's boy nerd...

Bill Maher is the most pathetic clown on TV.

He is a LIBERAL not a Libertarian.

Libertarians aren't proud of having black friends.

why should he "shut the hell up"? he's on the board of directors of NORML. It's an issue he's been very active about... you know... libertarians don't believe in government invading people's bedrooms and private lives.

What he is commenting on is the love affair between the media & Obama.

I know Maher supported Obama, he voted for him--& literally trashed Bush at every opportunity. It looks to me as though the former support of Barack Obama is starting to crumble.

Last edited:
yea....Bill can say that.....and he isnt the first to say it....would a jerk like Obernuts say anything against Obama?....just wonderin....

gosh, wally, how many republican talking heads do you think I can drum up in retort who would have rather died than criticized Bush? That Bill Mahar is saying what we all know not a single fox "news" personality was willing to say speaks VOLUMES about your laughable outrage.

I can only think of one....Hannity.
Rush criticized Bush, O'Reilly criticized Bush, Mark Lavin criticized Bush. Can you think of any others Shogun?

I would LOVE to see evidence of sean hannity criticizing George Bush. Please, post a link.

Bill Maher is a comedian and entertainer first a foremost.

He is also a liberal and a libertarian - one can be both.

I think he's hilarious and makes some very sound poilitical criticisms.

I also don't think he is a political leader.

And just because we voted for Obama doesn't mean we like every little fucking thing he does. Just because I voted for Obama doesn't make me an "Obamabot". It just makes me rather vote for a left-leaning centrist than a right-leaning conservative with a radical rightwing religious zealot reactionary as a VP nominee. Obama supports "Don't Ask Don't Tell" which I think sucks, but he also supports Health Care Reform. Obama supports fighting a war in Afghanistan, which I think is stupid, but he also supports kicking the lobbyists out of the Whitehouse. Whether he delivers or not has yet to be seen. All I know is that when I voted, I figured there was more of a chance for some real change in American politics and that change would be better than the status quo.

Get over yourselves, Republicanbots!

I hope Obama is listening. Time America started moving forward with UHC, equal rights, fair pay, regulatory reform, and jobs.

WizardLollipop.jpg

Bill Maher, follow-up in his own words via youtube.

BILL MAHER

Last edited:

Rush criticized Bush, O'Reilly criticized Bush, Mark Lavin criticized Bush. Can you think of any others Shogun?

I would LOVE to see evidence of sean hannity criticizing George Bush. Please, post a link.

You obviously misunderstood what you read ShoGun. Meister said he can only think of 1 fox news personality that would rather die than criticize Bush and that is Sean Hannity all others have criticized Bush on the air before. So why would you want him to show you evidence of Hannity criticizing Bush when he told you he never did. Geez boy read what you wrote because he answered your question.

You obviously misunderstood what you read ShoGun. Meister said he can only think of 1 fox news personality that would rather die than criticize Bush and that is Sean Hannity all others have criticized Bush on the air before. So why would you want him to show you evidence of Hannity criticizing Bush when he told you he never did. Geez boy read what you wrote because he answered your question.

lick my balls, nooby. This public service announcement brought to you by The Shogun.

ps, Mark Levin sure is an iconic figure on fox news, isn't he?

:thup:

lick my balls, nooby. This public service announcement brought to you by The Shogun.

Yeah sure I'll lick your balls; with the tongue of my shoe; cause you certainly sound like you could use a good swift kick in the nut sack.

Yeah sure I'll lick your balls; with the tongue of my shoe; cause you certainly sound like you could use a good swift kick in the nut sack.

I look forward to breaking your leg off and stomping the mudhole destined for your ass with your own foot then, noobtoast.

If your ability to lick balls is anything like your grasp of semicolon usage...

I would kind of like to see that one too, Shogun. You got any links to one? :lol:
Hannity is a political partisan hack. I tried to listen to him, but he always talked over, or insult liberals who would call in. He never would let them get their views out....and that's just wrong on either side.

Were Bill Maher's comments about Obama justified?

Bill Maher: Obama obsessed with being on TV

Bill Maher Takes On Obama: "This Isn't What I Voted For" (VIDEO)

Self-described libertarian pundit Bill Maher ripped Barak Obama during a lengthy monologue on his HBO program Friday night. Maher accused the president of being obsessed with appearing on TV and failing to come through on pre-election promises.

"This is not what I voted for," Maher said. “I don’t want my president to be a TV star.”

Maher criticized Obama's constant television coverage ("I get it: you love being on TV") and said the president should focus on fixing the nation's problems instead.

"You don't have to be on television every minute of every day -- you're the president, not a rerun of 'Law & Order,'" Maher said. “TV stars are too worried bout being popular and too concerned about being renewed."

Maher continued: "You're skinny and in a hurry and in love with a nice lady -- but so is Lindsay Lohan. And just like Lindsay, we see your name in the paper a lot but we're kind of wondering when you’re actually going to do something.”

Maher added that Obama's presidential rival John McCain was right to say Obama acted like a celebrity and, amazingly for Maher, the comedian suggested Obama needs to act more like his predecessor.

“I never thought I’d say this, what [Obama] needs in his personality is a little George Bush.”

Last edited:
Bill Maher, follow-up in his own words via youtube.

To a certain extent, I agree with what Bill saying here. And it was the same thing during the Clinton Era, which is why the Green Party tried so hard to get the 5% it needed during the 2000 elections.

Democrats aren't liberals, and neither are Pelosi, Reid, or Obama. I'm a progressive. I'm not represented in government. My family and friends are progressives. We do NOT like the Democrats, its just that we DISLIKE the Republicans more.

Bill Maher was right this past weekend when he said the political shift of those in office is center right. I don’t however think that the public is center right, which may explain why congress has had such low approval ratings for such a long period of time.

Maher was right when he said that if there were actual liberals in power who could explain to the public that something like universal health care will benefit this nation as a whole, people will support it. However what the Dems are proposing is a joke, because they, like the Republicans are too much in the pocket of the special interest groups that aren't interested in change.

We have had 30 years of conservative rule in this country. I am sorry but Clinton was not a liberal. Many of these policies over the past 30 years have been proven a failure. The last real domestic liberal was Lyndon Johnson. Conservatives would like to rip liberal polices at their core saying they don't work, however the other side of the story is that while in power they did everything in their power to tear down the polices. Liberal polices never stood a real chance to work. They all would be unwound before they even were able to gain real traction.

Conservative polices however have had plenty of traction, plenty of time and very little opposition because they have been no strong liberals in opposition who has had the fortitude to unwind them. From our fiscal policies, to our foreign policies, healthcare, education, labor, energy, what is there in these policies that we can say worked over the past 30 years? Okay maybe half credit on the fall of the Soviet Block, but everything else has been a failure.

A vast majority of Americans have not benefited from the polices of conservative rule in this country. Our economy collapsed, our energy policy is written by oil execs, our health care system is controlled by insurance companies and drug companies, our labor force has seen a decline in wages, our cost of living has gone up, we have ignored the importance of educating our children, our roads and rail systems are falling apart. When the party in power has such a disdain for government, they will do everything in their power to destroy the very function of government just to prove their point that government doesn't work, the real victim is the public.

It is time for this nation to adopt real progressive policies, and turn the page on 30 years of conservative rule. And for all you Democrats out there, sorry to say, you aren't the progressive ones, so stop trying to claim you are. Show me something to prove me otherwise. Steamroll through a universal healthcare package. Write up a strong Wall Street restructure and regulation legislation. Renovate our public schools, make college affordable, take the energy power away from the oil lobby, invest in technology and science, end the war on drugs, legalize weed (And all drugs really).

Do all these things to prove you are really progressive, then maybe I will become a Democrat. Oh yeah, and don't let the conservatives control the argument. Don't worry about deficits, because if we make these changes our nation will be vastly more prosperous

Forum List

Back